Wato secures an IWGP Junior Title match.
Closing out the 2023 NJPW Best of the Super Juniors tournament was the final between Master Wato and Titán. The conclusion of the match saw Wato secure the win and with that, he earned an IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship match.
Wato then called Junior Heavyweight Champion Hiromu Takahashi out to the ring and Takahashi formally accepted the challenge.
He stated that the match is going to happen at Dominion on June 4th in his hometown of Osaka.
Below is the updated Dominion lineup:
- Tournament Final to determine #1 Contender to IWGP U.S. Heavyweight Title: Lance Archer vs. Will Ospreay
- NEVER Openweight Championship: David Finlay (c) (w/ Gedo) vs. El Phantasmo
- NJPW World Television Championship: Zack Sabre Jr. (c) vs. Jeff Cobb
- Vacant IWGP Tag Team Championships: Bishamon (Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI) vs. House of Torture (EVIL & Yujiro Takahashi)
- IWGP World Heavyweight Championship: SANADA (c) vs. Yota Tsuji
- NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championships: Kazuchika Okada, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Shota Umino, Jon Moxley & Claudio Castagnoli
- IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship: Hiromu Takahashi (c) vs. Master Wato (w/ Hiroyoshi Tenzan)