Maven would participate in 2023 Royal Rumble if WWE asked him to

Originally published at Maven would participate in 2023 Royal Rumble if WWE asked him to

The 2023 Royal Rumble match is something Maven would be interested in. 

Since stepping away from full-time in-ring competition, Maven has competed sporadically throughout the years. This year, he’s had four matches, one of which was for GCW at Joey Janela’s Spring Break 6

Maven is often associated with his moment in the 2002 Royal Rumble when he eliminated The Undertaker. As he was doing a virtual signing for K & S WrestleFest, he was asked if he’d accept the chance to be in the 2023 men’s Royal Rumble and said ‘of course’. 

Of course I would [be in the 2023 Royal Rumble if WWE asked me to]. Of course.

The aforementioned 2002 Royal Rumble was reviewed here on POST Wrestling via Bushby & Thompson’s Wrestling Adventure

If the quote in this article is used, please credit K & S WrestleFest with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcription. 

I was always a big fan of Maven, I thought he never really got a fair shot. While Tough Enough catapulted him, it also seemed to handcuff him. With that said, while I’d love to see it, I dont see them asking him.

1 Like

Why’s don’t you think they’d ask him?
I see him as someone who’d be able to get a short return. If he has decent showing and fans were positive I could see him getting a few months of TV time

I would love that to be honest, as I was truly was a fan of his. I don’t see it happening because there tends to be a select group that WWE pulls from anytime they are aiming for nostalgia, and Maven is someone that I haven’t seen a thing about (WWE wise) in almost 20 years. Also, I do question how much of the crowd would even know him, though, a Rumble show is mostly hardcore fans so they probably would remember him. Either way, I hope it happens…I’d pop for Hoshal!

1 Like