Participants determined for STARDOM’s showcase match at Wrestle Kingdom 16.
One week after STARDOM’s ‘Dream Queendom’ show on 12/29 and their New Year’s event, the promotion will be represented at New Japan Pro-Wrestling’s Wrestle Kingdom 16. STARDOM’s showcase match is taking place on day two of Wrestle Kingdom on January 5th.
At today’s STARDOM event, there was a draw held to determine what talents would be competing at the Tokyo Dome. The current SWA World Champion Syuri drew a straw with no color on it so she was excluded. It was then made official that it will be Mayu Iwatani and Starlight Kid taking on Tam Nakano and Saya Kamitani.
For the Stardom Special Match at NJPW's 1.5 Wrestle Kingdom show at Tokyo Dome, a drawing was held to choose the participants of the match, a tag match.
Syuri drew a blank straw, so no DDM participation.
It will be Mayu Iwatani & Starlight Kid vs Tam Nakano & Saya Kamitani. pic.twitter.com/XWmZqnS5A3
— We Are Stardom (@we_are_stardom) December 12, 2021
The STARDOM matches at Wrestle Kingdom have been dark matches for the past two years. As of this writing, there is no word on if this year’s bout will air as a part of the broadcast.
The full card for ‘Dream Queendom’ was rolled out and it is listed as followed:
- World of STARDOM & SWA World Championship Match: Utami Hayashishita (World of STARDOM Champion) vs. Syuri (SWA World Champion)
- Wonder of STARDOM Championship: Tam Nakano (c) vs. Saya Kamitani
- Mayu Iwatani & Takumi Iroha vs. Hazuki & Momo Watanabe
- Giulia vs. Konami
- Maika, Himeka & Natsupoi vs. Mina Shirakawa, Unagi Sayaka & Mai Sakurai
- High Speed Championship — Three-Way Match: Starlight Kid (c) vs. AZM vs. Koguma
- Future of STARDOM Championship: Ruaka (c) vs. Hanan
- Five-Way Match: Lady C vs. Waka Tsukiyama vs. Saki Kashima vs. Fukigen Death vs. Rina