Melissa Santos reveals that she contracted COVID-19 in early November

Originally published at Melissa Santos reveals that she contracted COVID-19 in early November

Melissa Santos contracted COVID-19 earlier this month.

Back in September, Melissa Santos made her on-screen return to IMPACT Wrestling to be the ring announcer for their ‘Knockouts Knockdown’ event. Santos is still announcing on top of other ventures and she recently chatted with Chris Van Vliet to discuss recap it all.

Earlier this month, Santos partook in a fitness competition but coming out the event, she tested positive for COVID-19. Shared that she contracted the virus from her mother but she is healthy now.

I actually had COVID just recently and it was awful, and I’m healthy and you know, so if you can get — what we have control of is our body. We can control what goes in our body. We can’t really control a virus that we really can’t see as much as we try and we can mask and vaccinate and do all that stuff, but we can control how we eat in order to be prepared and have the right defenses just in case it comes. You know, it just happened to me recently and so it was actually right after my show together and kind of helping but I know that because my mom is healthier because I’m in her life. She was able to combat it and my mom’s close to 70-years-old so, it’s those things.

During the conversation, Melissa also reflected on her past remarks about AEW and their usage of Brian Cage. Head over to the latest POST Wrestling News Update to read her comments.

If the quote in this article is used, please credit Chris Van Vliet with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcription.