Mercedes Moné suffers injury at NJPW Resurgence

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2023/05/22/mercedes-mone-suffers-injury-at-njpw-resurgence/

Moné was helped to the back after the match. 

Headlining New Japan Pro-Wrestling’s Resurgence show in Long Beach, California was the finals of the NJPW STRONG Women’s Championship tournament. 

Willow Nightingale and Mercedes Moné made it to the final and in the end, it was Willow emerging victorious. There was a point during the match when Moné suffered a lower body injury and she had to be helped to the backstage area after Nightingale pinned her. 

Moné took to social media afterwards and noted that she is going to heal and be back better than ever. PWInsider reported that the ‘word’ making the rounds backstage is that Moné suffered a broken ankle.

WRESTLING!!!!
Phew 😮‍💨 not how I dreamed for tonight to go.
I’m so sorry and I love you guys so much.
I’m gonna heal and be back better than ever.
Moné
💙@njpwglobal pic.twitter.com/6909ByHdli

— Mercedes Moné Varnado (@MercedesVarnado) May 22, 2023

They had to carry Mercedes Moné out after the match. Hoping nothing is seriously wrong with her pic.twitter.com/a0zCF7ACLz

— Public Enemies Podcast (@TheEnemiesPE3) May 22, 2023

This must be the spot that caused Mercedes being injured with her leg you can even see her not putting weight on it with the submission #njpwresurgence pic.twitter.com/SRGriUsCOM

— 💸👑✨💯Rasheed💯✨👑💸 (@RDB_KING1) May 22, 2023

Earlier in the broadcast, one-half of Aussie Open, Kyle Fletcher, shared that his partner Mark Davis is sidelined with an injury and as a result, they had to relinquish the IWGP and NJPW STRONG Tag Team Championships

Goodbye to her at forbidden door

I would rather see Giulia. Mercedes has not impressed me much, since leaving WWE.

She’s not very good compared to stardom girls for sure

I’m a little too saturated with Giulia sort of like Okada. Would like to see someone fresher