Mickie James dealing with 'slight tear' in her shoulder in addition to rib injury

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2023/04/02/mickie-james-dealing-with-slight-tear-in-her-shoulder-in-addition-to-rib-injury/

Over the weekend of IMPACT Wrestling Sacrifice, James suffered several injuries. 

The reigning IMPACT Knockouts World Champion Mickie James had to be pulled from her scheduled title defense against Jordynne Grace at Sacrifice. 

Mickie is dealing with a rib injury and if she is not able to be cleared by the Rebellion pay-per-view on April 16th, a new champion is going to be determined by way of a singles match between Deonna Purrazzo and Jordynne Grace. If Mickie is cleared, then the match will be a three way. 

At Busted Open Radio’s WrestleMania party, Mickie’s injuries were expanded on by Tommy Dreamer. He dove into James’ toughness and said the weekend of No Surrender in February, she had three injuries to her ribs, she currently has a slight tear in her shoulder and that same weekend, James told Dreamer she thinks she tore her pec. 

Dreamer: If I can peel the curtain back a little bit. You all like when we do it. Mickie James and I, we’re wrestling Bully Ray and Masha Slamovich. That whole weekend, she had three matches. The first night was against… Do you remember?

James: The first night, was the championship match against Masha. 

Dreamer: The whole night, she’s in the back. She could barely move her arm. She’s saying, ‘I think I tore my pec’ and she still went out there and tagged, me and her versus Bully and Masha. She put on an amazing performance like she always does. She has a slight tear in her shoulder, broke three rib caps over that weekend and wrestled Friday, Saturday and Sunday so, these are the things that people don’t know that she does and it was a really, really hard decision because at the same time, we lost Josh Alexander to a torn tricep and Mickie said, ‘I’m going to be back by the next pay-per-view and if I’m not, then you can take the title off of me.’ So, think of that people. It’s pretty impressive. 

To get a look at the lineup for this coming Thursday’s edition of IMPACT Wrestling on AXS, click here

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit Busted Open Radio with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.