The TakeOver match card is rounding out.
Since losing the Million Dollar Title match to L.A. Knight on the 7/6 edition of NXT, Cameron Grimes has taken on the role of being Knight’s butler. Following Knight’s singles win on tonight’s show, both he and Grimes were joined in the ring by WWE Hall Of Famer Ted DiBiase.
DiBiase encouraged Grimes to remove himself from the situation he is in with L.A. Knight and Knight agreed to give him the opportunity to do so. At TakeOver 36 on August 22nd, Grimes and Knight are competing for the Million Dollar Championship and if Grimes loses, Ted DiBiase will become L.A. Knight’s butler.
— WWE (@WWE) August 11, 2021
Adding on to the TakeOver 36 lineup is a singles match between Adam Cole and Kyle O’Reilly. This will be their third match against one another in NXT and they are tied 1-1. Their match at TakeOver 36 is going to be 2-Out-Of-3-Falls. The first fall is a traditional singles match, as selected by Kyle O’Reilly.
Adam Cole picked the second fall and he chose a Street Fight. William Regal announced that the third fall will be a Steel Cage match if it gets to that point. Below is the updated lineup for TakeOver 36:
- NXT UK Championship: WALTER (c) vs. Ilja Dragunov
- NXT Championship: Karrion Kross (c) (w/ Scarlett) vs. Samoa Joe
- NXT Women’s Championship: Raquel Gonzalez (c) vs. Dakota Kai
- Million Dollar Championship: L.A. Knight (c) vs. Cameron Grimes (w/ Ted DiBiase) — If Grimes loses, Ted DiBiase must become L.A Knight’s butler
- 2-Out-Of-3-Falls Match: Adam Cole vs. Kyle O’Reilly