MJF addresses comparisons to The Miz: "Miz is great, but he’s not me"

Originally published at MJF addresses comparisons to The Miz: "Miz is great, but he’s not me"

MJF weighs in on the Miz comparisons.

The 11/24 episode of AEW Dynamite featured a segment with MJF and CM Punk and the two verbally jousted for close to 20 minutes. During their exchange, Punk called MJF as a “less famous Miz” which led to Edge referencing that remark during his segment with The Miz on Raw.

Renee Paquette and Miesha Tate welcomed MJF onto their ‘Throwing Down’ show on SiriusXM and asked him about the comparisons between himself and Miz. MJF spoke highly of Miz as a performer and his microphone skills but added that just like Punk, Kenny Omega and Bryan Danielson, Miz is not MJF.

You know, it’s so funny and I’ll be completely honest, I think Miz is a tremendous, tremendous, tremendous performer. Key word, ‘performer’… Yeah, and how can you not be , I’ve tried everything, I’ve studied my matches, my promos. There’s nothing I can’t do and it’s honestly disheartening sometimes because I’d like to get better but I can’t, you know? It’s like what’s even the point of trying anymore? It’s ridiculous.

MJF reacted to Adam Cole’s comments from a recent interview during which Cole said he’ll slap the taste of out MJF’s mouth if he brings up Britt Baker’s name again. Here was MJF’s response:

You know, so Adam Cole apparently just did an interview with this — you know that Brandon Walker guy? Big hick, disgusting, kind of. So he did an interview with him and Adam Cole, he said that if I talk about Britt anymore, he’s gonna sock me in the face which listen, all respect to the boom boy, Adam’s a great guy. I don’t have a problem with Adam, my problem’s with Punk. My problem with Punk is he walks out there, he puts on this little happy face, he’s glad-handing everybody. He’s pretending that he cares about the younger talent, he’s pretending that he cares about the success of AEW. All that man is doing is pretending and I’m sick of it and all I’m trying to do is put that into the forefront. Just trying to call him out on his BS.

This week’s AEW Dynamite is emanating from MJF’s hometown of Long Island, New York. Below are the announced matches for the program:

• Jamie Hayter vs. Riho
  • John Silver vs. Bryan Danielson
  • Dynamite Diamond Battle Royale
  • The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) vs. Rocky Romero & Chuck Taylor

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit Throwing Down with Renee & Miesha with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.