Most disappointing matches

I’m just saying what my viewing experience felt like, by the end I felt like I had wasted an hour. I get enough of that on Raw lol.

Just thought of one that at the time was a terrible letdown, and an example of performers who should have changed the finish on the fly, for the sake of the audience.

Tyler Black vs Austin Aries, main event of Final Battle 2009. ROH’s first ever iPPV.

The event took place in front of a sold out Manhattan Centre, on the night of a horrible blizzard. The crowd was hot all night, and going into the main, inspite of the long show, they were into it.

Quickly enough, the audience realized that Aries and Black were going 60 minutes, for a draw. Nobody in that building or watching wanted to see that happen.

It should have been Black’s big crowning moment, but instead made the crowd turn on both performers.

They worked hard, but everybody knew they were just going through the motions - and everybody wanted to get out of that building.

On a show that is annually their biggest, and without a doubt their biggest audience ever due to the iPPV, they messed up.

Definitely this one.

I was at WK 10 to see the original, which was so amazing and was also in New Orleans for this iteration and it just fell so, so short of my expectations.

Crowd was not into it, they just didn’t seem to have the same chemistry, the ball shot by Nakamura at the end. Just a disappointment all round.