My current thoughts on AEW.

aew%20meme

1 Like

Yes that’s the appeal.

3 Likes

With enough legit star power that adds an element of legitimacy and high quality production. Not wrong though.

3 Likes

This.

It’s like a parallel universe version of 2009-2010 Impact where they decided to focus on the X-Division & tag teams instead of dealing w/Hogan & Bischoff. :100:

5 Likes

You’ve used the word “just” as if PWG with TV time and a budget isn’t a spectacularly great thing.

3 Likes

And women. That’s different at least (since Candice left anyway).

2 Likes

This thread doesn’t make much sense and the day this ‘change my mind’ meme dies, the better. Change my mind.

4 Likes

I don’t know what PWG is or have ever seen a. Show. From podcasts I believe it’s a smaller Indy promotion with killer matches.

What sets apart AEW is that it doesn’t look like a small time Indy production. It has a bigger audience and larger venue and higher production value and videos etc. It doesn’t look like a cheap ass ECW style company.

The first time I saw ECW I knew they would never eclipse WCW let alone WWE because of how ghetto it looked.

AEW isn’t ghetto. It doesn’t look like bingo hall wrestling and getting over to 300 drunken fans

Having just watched the main event of this week’s NXT I would suggest you could also level the same accusations that way too.

2 Likes