My kids loved Full gear until...

One of the guys just had surgery after a staff infection sooo… I agree on some of the bumps but it wasn’t like that was the choice here it was, do you want to take those same bumps but on glass or barbed wire.

I am also pretty sure some of the stuff like the barbed wire spider-web was gimmicked (barbs cut).

On second watch I actually didn’t hate it as much. My initial visceral reaction was due to not knowing wtf this match would turn into or where it was going. On second watching it felt like a SAW movie with each next scene presenting new violence and spots:
Barb wire weapons
Chains
Glass
Instrument of violence
Spiderweb
Stage
Exposed Wooden Ring

It plays out like chapters of a movie and each spot showed some level of thought not just reckless use of the weapons. For example, Mox crawling thru the glass to escape a hold. Each guy hitting actual moves into weapons not just hitting each other with them. There was creativety at play but on first view it’s absolutely jarring. Yes I expected weapons but these two could be a legit final pairing in a G1 and this is the match they decided to have instead. When I knew what it would be on second watch I somewhat could enjoy elements of it

I just watched the entire thing without kids.

Still not for me but I can understand how someone might enjoy it. They certainly went crazy trying to steal the show. Crowd sucked.

1 Like

Why does the crowd suck? If they didn’t like what they were watching why do they have to cheer and yell “AEW” like some
Drunken retards?

I’m tired of people mating crowds suck. They paid for their ticket. They can either sit there and cheer or sleep.

1 Like

I take it back about the crowds. You’re much worse.

Serious question, is the word retard an insult you use in real life?

6 Likes

No. Retard was a bit harsh. But if you just want people to keep chanting AEW and this is awesome like lemmings or else a crowd sucks ?

I’m taking a pass on future discussion with you.

You’re not the kind of dude I want to spend my time on.

3 Likes

I’m taking back the time I called you an idiot. This guy takes the cake.

5 Likes

I work in the copy and print industry and have for 25 years. Every machine I have ever worked on has a “Retard Roll”. This roll prevents multi feed of paper. I am surprised that in this day age the name hasn’t been changed.

In French “il est en retard” does not mean “he’s a retard” but " he’s late".

1 Like

Totally understand people not liking the main event, but it was different which is exactly what AEW needs to be.

They need to do things that NXT and WWE can’t. They just need to only use these types of matches for very special situations.

3 Likes

My issue was that the situation wasn’t special enough to warrant the match (among a few other issues)

1 Like

I think the issue was presented as a huge showdown…but to piggy back on what you said, these two could have had a G1 level classic and then went to the death match. Where do you go from here now? It’s kinda like doing a HIAC to a no finish and needing to finish the feud.

Omega comes back to say that Mox only beat him because it wasn’t a real match. So they do a regular match and Kenny wins, then they do a best 2 out of 3 falls match, where they each pick a stipulation and Tony khan picks the third fall if needed. The match lasts 2.5 hours and is its own PPV.

But yeah really no where to go from here…

1 Like

AEW not doing these matches on weekly television is exactly how wrestling should be booked. Save the insane death style stuff for 1-2 PPVs a year, maybe get a few thousand buys from fans that are into this stuff. It’s not my style but it’s certainly got a ton of buzz and feedback so if you can get a few extra buys I get it.

4 Likes

Also to original poster, at what point were you going to remove your kids from the room instead of waiting for them to leave voluntarily? LOL

1 Like

And they run the match on January 4th?

2 Likes