My Life (mostly) Without WWE or "I…think I’m done with the WWE…" Part 2

Incoming Personal Post - if you’re not interested in my opinion, I thank you for your time in reading this header. If you are interested, feel free to continue reading on

Last year after Mania, I posted a burnt-out column indicating that I was done with the WWE. Since then, I’ve only watched a few key WWE matches, and I’ve also tried to let my wrestling tastes expand. As I had a baby girl at the tail-end of last year, I started writing down my key matches to save time for my end-of-year rewatch, and I spotted something that I think is interesting.

EDIT: Wow, that graph’s small, you may need to open the image in a new tab or something -_-

As you can see, NJPW’s still the highest percentage of my viewing, but if you told me two years ago that I would have watched more STARDOM than main-roster WWE in the first half of 2019, I would have called you a liar. If you combine all WWE related properties (let’s exclude EVOLVE from this, which is on my spreadsheet, but is too small of a slice to be visible on the graph), it accounts for just shy of TEN PERCENT of my wrestling viewing. Meanwhile, I’m watching promotions that I knew about but never really watched before (like AJPW, OTT, Dragon Gate, or WXW), while trying things that are just brand new for me.

A little more than a year out from giving up on the WWE Main Roster, and I’m really happy with that decision. I’m actually watching more wrestling, and now is truly the best time to open your minds and experience something new, if you want.

I’d like to help - if anyone’s interested in a particular promotion that’s on this graph, let me know, and I can post the specific match/show that caught my eye. Who knows, you might love it, you might hate it, but at least we’re trying to help expand everyone’s love for wrestling. And if you’re perfectly happy watching the wrestling you’re watching now, then that’s cool, have a great day, and I hope you enjoyed this post lol.

Thanks!

8 Likes

Thank you for this. You are an inspiration to everyone

1 Like

This is really cool to see! I’ve done something similar over the past couple of years, and yeah, when you don’t feel the need to keep up with the juggernaut that is WWE, you have more time and mental space to try something new. My “diet” certainly isn’t as varied as yours, but I enjoy trying out new (to me) companies, and projects like “The Wrestlers” (plus my HighSpots subscription) are reminding me of just how much variety there is to sample.

1 Like

Did you use excel for the graph ? (it’s a real question)

1 Like

Google Sheets, so I could update the sheet anywhere

Good point, thanks.

1 Like

@skgosyne I think it’s great that you’ve found more wrestling that you enjoy.

I am surprised though at how little NXT you’ve watched. Is there something about NXT that’s turned you off? Or maybe you just don’t have the WWE network so you can’t watch it. To me its been the best wrestling show of the last year.

I ended up cancelling the WWE Network at the beginning of the year, so I don’t follow week to week NXT, unless upNXT mentions a match or segment to watch.