Naming it Dynamite is a stupid move

To be honest, I don’t think it matters at this point.

However, if at all possible, the best way is that you can use the names if you’re making more than one TV show per week, something like Raw and Smackdown Live.

1 Like

They could call it ‘Sweatbox Graps’ and I’d still watch it

1 Like

Just reading through this thread, and I am surprised at how negative so many people were regarding the name. Out of curiosity, what do people think about it now? Personally I really like the name, and a year later think that it has stuck.

There were a lot of people looking for a reason to not like AEW at that time. Son of a billionaire using Daddy’s money, Guys who couldn’t cut it in WWE as the Elite were offered deals. Dynamite is a fine name that I never think of

2 Likes

I like it…

Just like with everything else, when people get use to something the initial argument seem silly. It’s just as good a name as anything else it could have been.

3 Likes

Yeah this is pretty petty and it’s neither here nor there.The name not only makes total sense, but if the show is good it won’t even matter.

1 Like

Agreed, I mean imagine the initial reaction “Raw” or even worse “Smackdown”, without the branding they don’t seem much better, we’re just used to it at this point.

1 Like

Agreed all wrestling shows are pretty poorly named. I think the AEW “backlash” was the TNT dynamite connection. I don’t really care about the name. It is silly but so is wrestling by and large.

2 Likes