Natalya undergoes surgery, WWE to provide update on 8/2 Raw

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2021/07/31/natalya-undergoes-surgery-wwe-to-provide-update-on-8-2-raw/

Natalya’s status will be addressed on the next edition of Raw.

One-half of the current WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions Natalya underwent surgery following an injury this past Monday. Natalya and Tamina took on Eva Marie and Doudrop (Piper Niven). The injury occurred as Niven was going through a series of transitions with Natalya and then Natalya’s leg was rolled over during a transition.

Natalya was injured while wrestling against Doudrop and had to be helped to the back. 🙏 pic.twitter.com/UHuAqWzGQr

— SkullsMedia.com by GIFSkull (@SkullsMedia) July 27, 2021

Natalya posted a photo of herself in a wheelchair with TJ Wilson behind her. She wrote the following:

Today my surgeon told me that I’m an anomaly. It’s been an intense week to say the least. All I asked was to be put back in the fight and FAST. Surgery will fix me, defending our championships will drive me. #UNBREAKABLE

Today my surgeon told me that I’m an anomaly. It’s been an intense week to say the least. All I asked was to be put back in the fight and FAST. Surgery will fix me, defending our championships will drive me. #UNBREAKABLE pic.twitter.com/KUfeVnPBoH

— Nattie (@NatbyNature) July 30, 2021

Bret Hart noted on Facebook that Natalya underwent ankle surgery. WWE is going to provide an update on the status of Natalya and the Women’s Tag Team Championships that she and Tamina are in possession of. The #1 contenders to the titles are Shotzi Blackheart and Nox.