National Openweight Title match added to MLW 'Kings of Colosseum'

Originally published at National Openweight Title match added to MLW 'Kings of Colosseum'

Major League Wrestling is inching closer to their first special event of the new year in ‘Kings of Colosseum’. This event was scheduled for this year but was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. There are currently two championship matches scheduled for the event and the most recent addition to the card was Alex Hammerstone defending his National Openweight Championship against Mads Krügger.

The last time Hammerstone defended the title was in March against Laredo Kid at MLW’s joint-show with AAA. The Kings of Colosseum show was supposed to be a pay-per-view event but MLW is presenting it for free as a ‘thank you’ to their viewers.

Here's our own @AliciaAtout who's trying to stay away from the mayhem ensuing backstage between CONTRA and Hammerstone with the #KingsOfColosseum control center with a MAJOR update for January 6th. #MLWFusion

📺 💻 📱 YouTube | Fubo Sports

🔗 https://t.co/6FltkWn5Qe pic.twitter.com/1liNcoajqs

— MLW FUSION | Wed. 7pm (@MLW) December 17, 2020

Mads Krügger debuted for MLW in early December. He is also known as independent wrestler Logan Creed. With the addition of this match, here’s the updated lineup for the forthcoming MLW event on 1/6:

* MLW World Middleweight Championship: Myron Reed (c) vs. Lio Rush
* MLW National Openweight Championship: Alex Hammerstone (c) vs. Mads Krügger

I feel like MLW is very similar to ECW in the sense of loosing talent as soon as they get going. The matches are solid to great, but majority of the time as soon as someone gets really rolling it’s off to greener pastures. They managed to lockdown Tom Lawlor but thats about it. Davey Boy is gone, doesn’t look like Brian Pillman will be around much longer, MJF was bound for national TV. Hopefully they can lockdown Jacob Fatu and Hammerstone because they are gaining alot of traction and losing them would suck for MLW.

My understanding is Fatu and Hammerstone have been locked down.

I actually think talent cycling in and out is good for a company, nobody gets stale. I always find MLW to be an easy watch and usually a fun show

No question the talent rotation keeps things fresh.

My comparison to it is whenever they make a big step they lose some of their main guys that they were building or had built as centerpieces of the company.

Fatu and Hammerstone are clearly the breakouts and will be figureheads for MLW as they grow.

Richard Holliday and Salina de la Renta are also big pieces. A one hour show like Fusion can run with a core of six main guys and then rotate in free agents like Lio Rush or ACH when they pop up. I like a lot of what they’ve been doing