Necro Butcher confirms that he's returning to the ring on March 5th

Originally published at Necro Butcher confirms that he's returning to the ring on March 5th

Necro Butcher making his return to in-ring competition.

It has been two years since Necro Butcher last wrestled in a sanctioned match. In January of 2020, he took on SHLAK for the ICW No Holds Barred promotion. Necro Butcher, real name Dylan Summers, confirmed to the ‘Way of the Blade’ podcast that he is scheduled to make his in-ring return this year.

He unveiled details about the show and said it’s taking place on March 5th and that it is a benefit show for Jennifer Young, wife to the late Jerome ‘New Jack’ Young.

Oh, it’s a done deal brother. It’s a done deal .

Well I have been — I’d been looking — well I had gotten sick. I got diagnosed with stage three Hodgkin’s lymphoma, had all kinds of tumors. It was a big horrible mess, started getting better. It’s kind of crazy, started getting better, and I had thought about coming back on a limited schedule with a mask gimmick just to prove I could, to prove I had beaten cancer and all that. But in case you don’t know, I’m not exactly the most popular guy on Facebook or Twitter. A lot of people like to take shots at me all the time and I thought, ‘Well if I come back under a mask, is it gonna be like I’m hiding from this criticism the people have leveled at me for all this time?’ So I thought, ‘Nah, I’m just gonna go make it a full-on comeback then’ and I was looking for a good reason to do it and there’s a show March 5th in Knoxville and I guess it’s like a benefit show for New Jack’s wife and I thought, ‘Well if there ain’t a bigger reason than this, I’m not gonna find one.’ So once word got out, a lot of people talked to me to be on their shows but I’m not trying to do anything until after March 5th but there’s gonna be a lot of stuff after March 5th, trust me. But for right now, the only thing signed, sealed and delivered is March 5th in Knoxville. My opponent is about 100 pounds bigger than me and 20 years younger. But never underestimate age and treachery.

Necro Butcher has kept himself in shape via his walks to and from work. He shared that he’s walked at least four miles a day for the past year. When it comes to physical strength, he works in a nursing home and is often lifting people up.

For the past year now, I’ve been walking at least four miles a day, two miles each way to work. When the pandemic hit is about the same time I started to get better and I went to work at a nursing home — Pennsylvania — one of the hardest hit nursing homes. They lost about 25 percent of their residents but that’s where I went to work and I was walking to work every day to do this and I’ve been training hard man because I thought, ‘Well, you gotta lift people up’ so I’m lifting people up, I was… I was in the dementia ward from April, this past year until December. It’s been a humbling experience and my schedule’s changed a little bit at work now and I have weekends off and I thought this was just — this is just the clouds parting at the right time. So just keep working hard and we’ll knock this March 5th thing out and we’ll see what it has in store for me. Maybe there’s definitely some chapters to be written.

He opted to step away from full-time in-ring competition in 2016. Necro Butcher had a return run in 2019 that included an appearance at GCW/Joey Janela’s Spring Break 3 along with several independent dates in Japan.

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit the Way of the Blade podcast with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.