New AEW signee Satnam Singh heaps praise onto Tony Khan, talks WWE tryout

Originally published at AEW's Satnam Singh heaps praise onto Tony Khan, talks WWE tryout

One of the newer additions to AEW does his first round of media post-signing.

Several weeks ago, All Elite Wrestling announced the signing of the 7’3 Satnam Singh. The NBA draftee and former pro basketball player will be training at the Nightmare Factory under Cody Rhodes and QT Marshall.

Singh made the media rounds and talked about joining AEW. He told Sportskeeda that Tony Khan is one of the best people he’s ever met and discussed how Khan treats everyone the same.

I met Tony Khan some time ago. I thought he was a regular guy, really down to earth, mixes with everybody and really amazing guy. He treats everyone the same. All the wrestlers. Really down to earth. The best guy I’ve ever seen in my life, so far. It’s an honor, you know.

Back in 2017, Satnam did have a tryout for WWE. He explained to the site that at the time, he primary focus was basketball. When it came time to move on from basketball, he knew wrestling was his next career step.

I wasn’t ready then. I thought basketball is the best thing for me. I decided to wait for a while then. In the beginning my focus was completely on basketball. When I wanted to move out of basketball, I thought wrestling was the best opportunity for me. Because wrestling is very popular in India. That’s when I decided to leave. That’s why I signed up with AEW.

Over the past several months, AEW has added Satnam, Ruby Soho, Bryan Danielson, Adam Cole, Lee Moriarty and Lio Rush to their official talent roster.