New Conrad Podcast

So, I thought Id start a post with ideas on who we would like to see Conrad replace Bruce with? I think Jake Roberts would be so good!!!

Arn Anderson seems the obvious choice.

Arn Anderson wouldnā€™t be a bad choice. With him, you could cover a lot of ground with the more modern inner workings of WWE or go old school with some classic NWA or WCW nostalgia. I also wouldnā€™t rule out him doing several mini podcast series with a bunch of different people in the business. 83 Weeks should have been like this IMO, but it continues to go on.

Vince Russo would actually be a good fit if both parties were willing thereā€™s a lot of topics there for Conrad and Russo to debate over wwf wcw tna. The magic of show is the chemistry between the two which is something that will certainly be hard to replicate, say want about Bruce Prichard heā€™s incredibly entertaining to listen too.

Russo would be good but i think there might be some heat there between Conrad and Russo

Just read Bischoffs latest tweet toward Something to Wrestle With. Either hes joking or Bruce leaving the podcast was not expected. Starting to think with this and Conrad not commenting on it makes me think he didnt leave the show on good terms

Brian Gewirtz would be good. Really funny when he was on edge and Christians podcast.

Russo is already doing that with Matt Koon whoā€™s becoming Conrad lite.

Personally, I think a pod with Dixie would be very interesting.

Why not Dave Meltzer? Heā€™s written more about things that never happened during Bruceā€™s time in WWE that he is an expert. His insight into things that never happened in WCW would be a compliment to 83 Weeks too.

Nice call. I think that would be interesting.

I canā€™t see Dave Meltzer doing anything like that unless itā€™s in house as part of the WON outputā€¦and if he did he wouldnā€™t need to collaborate with Conrad to do it.

The rumor and innuendo is that Conrad could be doing his next podcast with Jim Ross.

He does it every day in house for the observer website, donā€™t think he can do it.

Deadman Talking.

Get ready for undertaker to ā€œummm, yeah, you knowā€ for two hours.

Yeah, heā€™s not exactly ā€œthe best pure speaker in the businessā€.

I think most are assuming that a Taker podcast/live show would be great because heā€™s got so many years of stories to tell. But I get the feeling that the ā€œConscience of the WWEā€ / Wrestlerā€™s Court Judge / Guy Whose Hand You Have to Shake Every Day For Some Reason is a huge protector of whatever shred of kayfabe still exists and, despite current business arrangements, probably also a strong McMahon ally.

So while I hope Iā€™m wrong, I feel that many people should be prepared for a huge letdown if/when Taker starts doing shoot-type stuff.

I read that too. Love that idea!

Great, now we get to hear JR use ā€œironicā€ incorrectly, but this timeā€¦with a partner.

1 Like

I am not a Patreon member for STW, but someone from another wrestling message board is claiming that they released the show early on Patreon late last night and they announced the Prichard podcast is continuing but there wonā€™t be any live shows after Starrcast. Iā€™m kind of shocked the show is continuing.

Donā€™t they already have a video version of STW on the WWE Network? Prichard actually re-joining WWE and the podcast continuing doesnā€™t seem all that surprising in retrospect. Seems like just another case of WWE consuming what they thought of as a ā€˜threatā€™ into their own brand.