New Japan announces 2019 dates, two Tokyo Dome cards in 2020

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/01/04/new-japan-announces-2018-dates-two-tokyo-dome-cards-in-2020/

New Japan Pro Wrestling announced their major dates for 2019 ahead of Friday’s Wrestle Kingdom card at the Tokyo Dome.

The New Beginning cards in Hokkaido will take place February 2nd and 3rd with the New Beginning in Osaka show the following week on February 11th.

During the New Beginning tour, a separate crew will be running shows in the U.S. with cards on January 30th in Los Angeles at the Globe Theatre, February 1st at the Grady Cole Center in Charlotte, North Carolina and they have added a third show on February 2nd in Nashville, Tennessee.

The New Japan Cup is listed for March 23rd and 24th in Niigata.

The G1 Supercard event at Madison Square Garden is Saturday, April 6th.

On April 20th, they will run a card in Aichi followed by the annual cards in Fukuoka on May 3rd and 4th.

This year, the final night of the Best of the Super Juniors tournament will be taking place at Sumo Hall, which is a big upgrade in size.

The Dominion card will be June 9th at Osaka-jo Hall.

The G1 Climax is going to see the first night of the tournament take place on July 6th at the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas. The final three nights of the tournament are returning to Budokan Hall as they did in 2018.

On August 31st, they are going to London, England and running the Copper Box Arena, which is a 7,500-seat venue.

The major announcement is that next year’s Wrestle Kingdom event will be followed by a second consecutive night at the Tokyo Dome on January 5th.

I am going to have to go to this. I live in the Dallas area and this is the best chance I will ever have to see a NJPW show.

I was shocked to see the AAC in Dallas listed too and will definitely be planning to attend. I don’t believe NJPW has ever come to Texas so for them to go straight to the AAC is pretty remarkable. It may have something to do with Mark Cuban’s relationship with NJPW from AXS.

1 Like