New Japan releases the full card for King of Pro Wrestling

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2018/10/02/new-japan-releases-the-full-card-for-king-of-pro-wrestling/

New Japan Pro Wrestling has released the complete card for next Monday’s King of Pro Wrestling event from Sumo Hall with the show airing on New Japan World:
*Kenny Omega vs. Kota Ibushi vs. Cody for the IWGP heavyweight title
*Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Jay White for the Wrestle Kingdom title match
*KUSHIDA vs. Marty Scurll for the vacant IWGP junior heavyweight title
*EVIL vs. Zack Sabre, Jr.
*Kazuchika Okada, Toru Yano & Roppongi 3K vs. Tetsuya Naito, Sanada, Bushi & “X” (a mystery partner)
*Taichi, Minoru Suzuki & Takashi Iizuka vs. Tomohiro Ishii, Hirooki Goto & Will Ospreay
*Guerrillas of Destiny, Taiji Ishimori & Bad Luck Fale vs. The Young Bucks, Hangman Page & Chase Owens
*Juice Robinson & Toa Henare vs. Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma
*Yoshinobu Kanemaru & El Desperado vs. Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask for the IWGP junior heavyweight tag titles

1 Like

Now that’s a great looking card. I do find the 3 way a little strange but it could be that they want Omega to win over Ibushi without doing the singles match. They probably want to save that.

1 Like

The eventual singles match with Omega-Ibushi at Madison Square Garden is going to be the most talked about thing Wrestlemania Weekend.

The KOPW show looks great. I don’t like wasting the Bucks in multi man tags especially with several other good teams around that could use the rub. And, really hope they are in Tag League

1 Like

Will they do it at msg? I’d guess its being saved for dominion 2019, or wrestle kingdom 2020. I could be wrong but I’d expect it to be in Japan.
Either way, it looks like NJPW are expecting Kenny to be around post-January which is good news.

1 Like

I think it’s been announced that the Bucks aren’t in the Tag League.

I think the mystery guy could be Neville. I know he showed up at Dragon Gate, but that could just be a one off cause he came out of there before he went to the WWE.

1 Like

I think the match that’s steals the weekend at The Garden is Okada-Omega 5 or Ibushi-Omega.

Either one will be the most hyped and talked about match of the entire weekend in my opinion. I’d personally book Omega-Ibushi and Okada-Tanahashi…but also depends on Jericho’s status as that’s a great place for him to have a bout with Okada.
Having attended many events at MSG I can tell you there is no arena in the world that feels more alive for a big moment / event. The place is magical

It’s wild that they have this many big shows lined up

2 Likes

I think with Ibushi beating Omega in the G1, it’s a match they’ll do sooner rather than later. It would be good for the MSG show to be fair, think it would help sell that show out.

1 Like

If you skip to the 14 minute mark and watch thru the end - this Golden Lovers singles match is definitely happening at MSG

A lengendary building even greater than Budakhan, as Kenny puts it.

1 Like

I’d like to see the Golden Lovers, one on one…at the Dunkin Donuts Center or the KFC Yum! Center.

1 Like

Does the Dunkin Donuts center have to drop the Donuts now?
What an arena name for a basketball team - the Dunkin center!