New Japan Road shows to determine All-Atlantic four-way participant at Forbidden Door

Originally published at New Japan Road shows to determine All-Atlantic four-way participant

New Japan Pro Wrestling has named its four participants for its portion of the All-Atlantic Championship bracket to determine who goes to Forbidden Door.

NJPW will hold events at Korakuen Hall next week with Tomoaki Honma taking on Clark Connors and Tomohiro Ishii facing Yoshinobu Kanemaru on June 20th at the ‘New Japan Road’ event.

The winners will meet the following day on June 21st to determine who goes to Forbidden Door to participate in the four-way match.

Last week, AEW announced the addition of its latest singles championship with qualifying matches to determine the four participants to determine its first champion.

PAC defeated Buddy Matthews to secure the first spot. This Wednesday’s edition of Dynamite will feature Ethan Page against Miro to determine the second spot. A match between Penta Oscuro and Malakai Black will determine the third spot and the New Japan representative will have the fourth spot.

Below are the full cards for next week’s New Japan Road events at Korakuen Hall and streaming on New Japan World:

Monday, June 20th at 5:30 a.m. ET:
*IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Championships: Ryusuke Taguchi & Master Wato © vs. Francesco Akira & TJP
*AEW All-Atlantic Tournament – Semi-Final: Tomohiro Ishii vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru
*AEW All-Atlantic Tournament – Semi-Final: Tomoaki Honma vs. Clark Connors
*Taiji Ishimori & Gedo vs. Hiromu Takahashi & BUSHI
*Kazuchika Okada, Yuto Nakashima & Ryohei Oiwa vs. Tetsuya Naito, Shingo Takagi & SANADA
*EVIL, SHO, Yujiro & Dick Togo vs. Hirooki Goto, YOSHI-HASHI, Toru Yano & YOH
*Aaron Henare vs. Kosei Fujita

Tuesday, June 21st at 5:30 a.m. ET
*IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship: Taiji Ishimori © vs. Hiromu Takahashi
*AEW All-Atlantic Tournament – Final
*Kazuchika Okada, Togi Makabe, Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Kosei Fujita vs. Shingo Takagi, Tetsuya Naito, SANADA & BUSHI
*Ryusuke Taguchi, Master Wato & Jado vs. Aaron Henare, Francesco Akira & TJP
*EVIL, SHO, Yujiro & Dick Togo vs. Hirooki Goto, Toru Yano, YOSHI-HASHI & YOH
*Taichi vs. Ryohei Oiwa
*DOUKI vs. Yuto Nakashima

Hmmm…I wonder who is winning that tournament.

Looking forward to the big Tomoaki Honma title run.

1 Like

Forbidden Door has to be (on paper) the most disappointing PPV I’ve seen. I have no interest in seeing this show and that’s sad, but I shouldn’t be surprised.

I’m curious what more you were hoping for, that isnt already “on paper.”

Right now the only announced match is Moxley/Tanahashi, which is a pretty big match and the 4 way for the All-Atlantic championship, which looks to be great, no matter who advances. On top of those, ZSJ has challenged Danielson. The only thing I can understand being disappointed in, is the IWGP title picture, if you were hoping for Okada vs Danielson or something. But what we will probably get, should still be a pretty good to great match.

You must have had some absurd expectations if all that still disappoints you.

I do as well as anyone should. When this show was first announced I think everyone thought of dream matches with both AEW and NJPW stars. Making this show feel special each week. AEW hasn’t don’t that and the build up as been uninspiring, so yes this card still disappoints me!

I think the build has been pretty underwhelming so far but how can the card disappoint you? It literally does not exist yet