New York independent wrestler Matt Travis passes away at 25

Originally published at New York independent wrestler Matt Travis passes away at 25

On Saturday, a tragedy occurred with the passing of New York-based independent wrestler Matt Travis.

Travis began wrestling in 2016 appearing on CZW’s Dojo Wars and later a regular for House of Glory and Game Changer Wrestling.

Numerous members of the Northeast scene were sending their condolences and memories of Travis on Saturday, including his trainer Amazing Red and Santana & Ortiz of All Elite Wrestling, who each had big matches on Saturday night and had to perform under trying circumstances.

I just can’t.
I don’t understand life sometimes.
I’m gonna try and pull it together for you today.
I just want to see you! Talk to you!
I’m sorry. I love you Matty pic.twitter.com/LoZhbitbjX

— ₳₥₳Ⱬł₦₲ RƎD (@AmazingRed1) November 9, 2019

Love you bro.

Tonight is for you. 🙏🏼 #MBK #RIP pic.twitter.com/WAWuaBZB2n

— Proud-n-Powerful 🇵🇷🗽 (@Santana_Proud) November 9, 2019

It is believed that Travis was struck by a dump truck in the early hours of Saturday morning in East Harlem, New York. A report from the local NBC News affiliate reported that a 25-year old cyclist was struck when a truck was making an illegal turn, striking the cyclist and failed to stop. The cyclist was rushed to a hospital and later pronounced dead.

We send our condolences to all those affected by the passing of Travis.

Such a tragic accident.

Sorry to hear it. I caught the second half of last night’s New Japan card, and they referenced this death being on Amazing Red’s mind.

25 is a crazily young age to die. Condolences to his family.