Nia Jax vs. Ronda Rousey added to WWE's Money in the Bank card

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2018/05/14/nia-jax-vs-ronda-rousey-added-to-wwes-money-in-the-bank-card/

Ronda Rousey’s next major match was set up on Monday at the NBC Upfront presentation in New York City.

Both Rousey and Nia Jax were among those representing the WWE at the presentation with a challenge issued by Jax to face Rousey for the Raw women’s title.

POST Wrestling reported on Sunday that Rousey would be wrestling at the Money in the Bank event on June 17th at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Illinois, which is where the women’s title match will take place.

Rousey will also be wrestling this week on four of the WWE’s European dates, which are Rousey’s first matches since WrestleMania 34.

We were told that the decision to go with Jax and Rousey was made about a week ago.

“Boy can’t wait for Ronda Rousey to win the title at Mania next year”

Nia Jax vs. Ronda Rousey added to WWE’s Money in the Bank card

“…Oh.”

This is a big match and I will be tuning in, but I don’t agree with the booking at all.

I don’t expect the work rate to be very good, but if the crowd is hot the star power could still make the spectacle quite entertaining.

Assuming Ronda wins, which I believe is a safe assumption, that locks another Raw title to a part timer. Raw already has to have filler to get through 3 hours, taking two titles away from the week to week action means more filler. Also having these belts locked down will devalue the MitB briefcase if either (or both) end up on Raw since you can’t cash in if the champ isn’t there.

1 Like

Still very early, but I can’t see how this match can end without Ronda getting the title??

Maybe Nattie just interferes on accident or something idk.

“This is going to be a fucking disaster.”

That is the first thing to run through my head when I read the title of this thread. Hope I am wrong but I dont see either one of the two able to leading the other.

I hope they don’t put the title on Rhonda right away because Nia had to wait so long before they put the title on her and with her whole message with the anti bullying message I thought that the fans would get behind her. I do think Stephanie McMahon will cost Rhonda the match someone setting up a Summerslam match which I hope is the case. If Rhonda wins the title it should be at Mania or even the mania after the next. There’s no rush she’s already over and she said she wanted to earn her respect so just give her tome to grow.

1 Like

It’s way too early for this. She only had one match. I thought she was suppose to wrestle Mickey next.

This has Vinces fingerprints all over it. What about building her up naturally?

I think it could end in a messed up finished which creates Ronda’s next program, as mentioned likely with Nattie.

1 Like

Ronda will wipe the floor with Jax which will lead to a Brock Lesnar type title reign because they don’t know what else to do with MMA fighters turned pro wrestler.