Nick Aldis says Jocephus passed due to a "congenital heart defect"

Originally published at Nick Aldis says Jocephus passed due to a "congenital heart defect"

It was in February of 2021 when it was announced that former NWA talent Joseph Hudson passed away. Throughout his time in wrestling, Hudson brought forth the “Jocephus” and “Question Mark” characters that brought him to the forefront via the NWA Powerrr program.

The National Wrestling Alliance honored Hudson at their Back for the Attack pay-per-view and the main event was dedicated to Hudson. Nick Aldis defended the NWA Worlds Heavyweight Title against Aron Stevens, who was a close friend of Hudson’s.

To promote the ‘When Our Shadows Fall’ show that took place on Sunday, Nick Aldis spoke to Steel Chair Magazine and told the site that Hudson passed away due to a “congenital heart defect”.

You never really prepare for a situation like that. It’s not something you ever think about when you’re thinking of your career. Will I have to make a tribute show to a friend and a colleague who passed away? So, I think it was important we all got together and did what we thought would be something that reflected how much he meant to the whole team but also to our audience. As far as Aron (Stevens) being in the main event and having a title match, I thought that was the most fitting way to give tribute to Joseph and, in the end, it was a tough moment but also rewarding knowing we had done something for a guy who truly deserved it and passed away under freak circumstances. It was a congenital heart defect, just so sad and unfortunate and undetectable or unpredictable. We felt like he deserved to be recognized, and that was the best way we felt we could do it.

Aldis continued speaking about the life and career of Joseph Hudson. He shared that NWA owner Billy Corgan was not present at the Back for the Attack event because Hudson’s passing was still weighing on him.

I know it was difficult for Billy. I think that’s one of the reasons he chose not to be there and stayed in Chicago. It would have been very difficult for him to be there when we did all that because he was close with Joseph. It was a tough night, but I’m proud of what we did. I feel we did it the right way. I don’t think we were over the top but tasteful and paid a nice tribute to him.

There is a report up of the ‘When Our Shadows Fall’ pay-per-view on the POST Wrestling site. The forthcoming edition of NWA Powerrr will be covered on the site via the Shot In The Dark show as well.