Nick Gage appears at AEW Fyter Fest, facing Chris Jericho on 7/28 Dynamite

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2021/07/21/nick-gage-appears-at-aew-fyter-fest-facing-chris-jericho-on-7-28-dynamite/

Chris Jericho’s next challenge in order to get to MJF arrived to AEW.

MJF wants Chris Jericho to make it past five challenges in order for Jericho to get a one-on-one match with him. The first challenge happened on night two of Fyter Fest as Jericho took on Shawn Spears and in their bout, Spears was able to use a chair and Jericho could not. Despite the stipulation and with some assistance from Sammy Guevara to even the odds on the outside of the ring, Jericho defeated Spears.

MJF then grabbed a microphone and alerted Jericho of his next challenge. On the 7/28 Dynamite, Jericho is facing GCW World Champion Nick Gage in a No-DQ match.

.@The_MJF wastes no time for Labour #2. And OMG it's @thekingnickgage!

Tune into @tntdrama NOW to watch #AEWDynamite #FyterFest Night 2 LIVE! pic.twitter.com/sInw9Vye0K

— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) July 22, 2021

Gage is a constant in Game Changer Wrestling and will be in action for the promotion this weekend at their Homecoming show.

This is Gage’s first appearance for a nationally televised wrestling company and in his first TV match, he’ll be taking on Chris Jericho.

1 Like

I honestly don’t understand how people don’t enjoy AEW at this point.

1 Like

I was just on Facebook, and there’s a real piece of work sharing thoughts on Nick Gage fans and Chavo Guerrero under POST’s posts.

I’m not a death match fan, but the fandom of Gage and the fascination he brings can’t be denied. Now he’s getting a shot on cable television.

1 Like

I honestly don’t understand the venom of people towards Gage.

He’s not some backyarder. He’s been a worker for over 20 years. He has selected Death Match wrestling to be his genre of choice.

If treated properly on a national stage, he makes for a perfect modern day attraction in the tradition of New Jack, Abdullah the Butcher, and The Sheik.

Why so many “old school” and “high brow” fans seem not to get this, I just don’t understand.

That hits the nail on the head! Heck, they name dropped Abdullah during the main event when Moxley introduced a fork.

1 Like