Nicole & Brie Garcia: "We are shocked and disheartened with the recent allegations against members of the WWE"

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2024/01/29/nicole-brie-garcia-we-are-shocked-and-disheartened-with-the-recent-allegations-against-members-of-the-wwe/

Nicole and Brie Garcia (previously known as The Bella Twins) have stated the allegations in the suit filed by Janel Grant.

Nicole and Brie, who are the stepdaughters of John Laurinaitis, posted the following statement on Monday:

We are shocked and disheartened with the recent allegations against members of the WWE.

It has been a lot to process since we found out this past week just as you all did. This is something we don’t stand for or condone from anyone no matter who they are.

We want all women to feel safe and supported in the workplace and in their everyday lives.

The Garcias have not been affiliated with WWE since their contracts ended last March.

Their stepfather, John Laurinaitis, is listed as one of the defendants in the suit where Grant is alleging that she was sexually assaulted, trafficked, and the victim of physical and emotional abuse by Vince McMahon and John Laurinaitis while also stating others in the company knew the situations.

Correction: The final paragraph of this article originally identified Laurinaitis as the father-in-law of the Garcias. This has been corrected.

1 Like

It’s unbelievable to me that nobody within the company could muster a statement anywhere close as good as this.

I guess it would detract from the amazing week they had.

3 Likes

I really do feel for these two. To hear about this type of graphic accusation of the man who married your mother has got to be heart wrenching and quite frankly terrifying.

3 Likes

Very bad reporting! The article first says that Laurenaitis is their stepfather, later in the article it says he is their father-in-law. Does no one proofread

Very bad criticizing! There should be a semicolon after “stepfather” instead of a comma, or you can use a period and start a new sentence. Also, “Laurinaitis” and “no one” are both misspelled. Please proofread in the future, because honest mistakes never happen.

5 Likes

Excuse me PROFESSOR! Other than “noone” which my phone autospelled because I was using voice, the punctuation in the statement is correct. Getting FACTS incorrect can cause legal issues for people, not spelling or punctuation.

The word “stepfather” can be spelled “stepfather” or “step-father”. The word comes from the Middle English word “step-fader,” which comes from the Old English word “steopfæder”.
Etymology of stepfather by etymonline

So what you’re saying is, people can make mistakes?

For example, I never said that you spelled stepfather wrong. But it’s no big deal and we’re past it.

Creating an account just to rudely correct an honest mistake is not what this message board is all about.

5 Likes

Please be normal. Or go to twitter with the rest of the filth. We’re not weirdos here.

4 Likes

I like how the newest attempted troll to venture into these parts ensured to edit his phone’s “autospelled” version of “no one” in his original response. LOL.

Not to pile on, but you’re missing a question mark at the end of your first message:

You’re also missing closing punctuation on your final sentence in your second message as well:

I appreciate the effort of using and copy/pasting from etymonline to combat @RocketKing on a mistake he never claimed you made. As he mentioned, that’s not what we do around here. :blush:

Just saying. LOL. :laughing: Don’t be (overly) petty, act in bad faith, and don’t troll in these parts, ok? And if you stick around, welcome! :blush:

4 Likes