NJPW Dominion Review with John Pollock & WH Park

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2018/06/09/njpw-dominion-review-with-john-pollock-wh-park/

This show is available for all POST Wrestling Café patrons – visit Patreon.com/POSTwrestling to download OR check your podcast app if you have subscribed to the RSS feed provided to all members.

John Pollock is joined by WH Park to review New Japan’s Dominion card from Osaka-jo Hall.

The two chat about a card that will likely become one of the most historically significant in New Japan’s worldwide expansion, capped off with the crowning of Kenny Omega as the new IWGP heavyweight champion and ending Kazuchika Okada’s legendary two-year reign.

In addition, we chat about all the new champions coming out of the show, Chris Jericho defeating Tetsuya Naito and setting up a potential match with another LIJ member, matches to make for the Cow Palace card in San Francisco, G1 ideas, and where this match between Omega and Okada ranks.

NJPW Dominion
Saturday, June 9th, 2018
Osaka, Japan at Osaka-jo Hall
*Kazuchika Okada vs. Kenny Omega in a 2-of-3 Falls, No Time Limit Match for the IWGP heavyweight title
*Tetsuya Naito vs. Chris Jericho for the Intercontinental title
*Will Ospreay vs. Hiromu Takahashi for the IWGP junior heavyweight title
*Rey Mysterio, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Cody, Marty Scurll & Hangman Page
*EVIL & Sanada vs. The Young Bucks for the IWGP tag titles
*Hirooki Goto vs. Michael Elgin vs. Taichi for the NEVER Openweight title
*Minoru Suzuki & Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano
*Jay White & Yoshi-Hashi vs. Juice Robinson & David Finlay
*Yoshinobu Kanemaru & El Desperado vs. Roppongi 3K for the IWGP junior heavyweight tag titles

Plus, your Café feedback from the POST Wrestling Forum.

Support any tier of the POST Wrestling Café Patreon to listen to this show and our other bonus content.

Subscribe to POST Wrestling
iTunes & iOS | Android | Google Play | Stitcher | TuneIn | Mac & PC | RSS

Discuss this show at the POST Wrestling Forum
https://forum.postwrestling.com

Support our Patreon - The POST Wrestling Café
http://www.patreon.com/POSTwrestling

Follow us
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube

That wasnt fast, that was sudden!

1 Like

Coming out of this show the title changes didn’t really surprise me. It made Dominion a massive show and it has everyone talking about it.

Great review - thanks for getting it up so quick!
I napped, I listened. I napped more…and now I am still smiling ear to ear from this show. I haven’t had such a feeling following a sporting event since Sergio Garcia - my favorite golfer growing up- finally slayed his dragon and won a Major. Watching Kenny achieve this dream, watching it be done in such fashion and seeing the Golden Elite there to celebrate, it was all so well presented.

1 Like

Following on from what WH said about Okada wanting to go after the other belts so he doesn’t just have IWGP Heavyweight Champion on his CV, I’d like to see him tag with Ospreay and go after the Tag belts that the Bucks have. Or maybe have an IC title match at Wrestle Kingdom.

2 Likes

I don’t know how to do this without sounding like a dick but the “likes” make it a tough listen.

Idk. Maybe it’s just in my head now and I’m too not picky.