NJPW reveals Road to Power Struggle dates, Power Struggle on 11/7

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2020/09/14/njpw-reveals-road-to-power-struggle-dates-power-struggle-on-11-7/

New Japan Pro Wrestling has announced its schedule following the G1 with an immediate turnaround as they build towards the Power Struggle event in November.

With the G1 Climax concluding on October 18th at Sumo Hall, New Japan will launch its “Road to Power Struggle” tour five days later on October 23rd at Korakuen Hall.

The Road to Power Struggle will run until Thursday, November 5th with ten dates including Korakuen Hall shows on October 23rd, November 1st, and November 2nd.

The Power Struggle card itself takes place Saturday, November 7th from Edion Arena in Osaka and is traditionally New Japan’s last major show before Wrestle Kingdom.

Power Struggle will take place the same day as AEW’s Full Gear pay-per-view, although they won’t overlap with each other.

Below are the dates and locations for the Road to Power Struggle tour:
*Friday, October 23rd at Korakuen Hall
*Saturday, October 24th in Saitama
*Sunday, October 25th in Chiba
*Wednesday, October 28th in Yamagata
*Thursday, October 29th in Fukushima
*Saturday, October 31st in Ibaraki
*Sunday, November 1st at Korakuen Hall
*Monday, November 2nd at Korakuen Hall
*Tuesday, November 3rd in Shizuoka
*Thursday, November 5th in Kochi

I am gonna miss King of Pro-Wrestling this year and presumably next, but I really like the feel of the new schedule. Fewer obligatory defenses of the WK main event briefcase are a good thing.

Party like its 1999!

I like that. Gimme more of that! (Matt Jackson voice)