Originally published at NOAH's Kenoh announces Kongo faction is disbanding
Kongo is done as a faction.
Today’s Pro Wrestling NOAH event was centered around Kenoh’s 15th anniversary since his debut. In the main event, he teamed with his Kongo faction-mates Hajime Ohara, Shuji Kondo, Manabu Soya, Masakatsu Funaki and Manabu Soya.
They scored a win over AMAKUSA, Alejandro, Kazushi Sakuraba, Masato Tanaka and Naomichi Marufuji. Post-match, members of Kongo got together in the ring and Kenoh would go on to announce that the group is disbanding. The faction began in 2019.
Kenoh has announced that Kongoh is over. pic.twitter.com/FqWCUDmcFD
— Pro-Wrestling Noah Eng (Hisame, 冰雨) (@Hi5ame) June 24, 2023
Katsuhiko Nakajima, who was a part of Kongo, has realigned with his old tag partner Go Shiozaki and on the show, Nakajima set his sights on the GHC Tag Team Championships.
Here are the full results from Kenoh’s 15th anniversary event:
- Hi69 def. Daishi Ozawa
- Masa Kitamiya & Yoshiki Inamura def. Daiki Inaba & Stallion Rogers
- Ninja Mack def. Dante Leon
- Go Shiozaki, Katsuhiko Nakajima, Mohammed Yone & GAINA def. Saxon Huxley, Timothy Thatcher, Kazuyuki Fujita & Shuhei Taniguchi
- Daga, Yoshinari Ogawa & Chris Ridgeway def. Atsushi Kotoge, Seiki Yoshioka & Super Crazy
- El Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr., Kaito Kiyomiya, HAYATA & Eita def. Good Looking Guys (Jake Lee, Jack Morris, Tadasuke & YO-HEY)
- Kongo (Kenoh, Manabu Soya, Masakatsu Funaki, Shuji Kondo & Hajime Ohara) def. Naomichi Marufuji, Alejandro, AMAKUSA, Kazushi Sakuraba & Masato Tanaka