NXT announcement imminent for Sept. 18 launch on USA

TNA had a TV deal and Dixie has said in the past they made money from 2007-09. 2008 was a big year for them, especially on PPV. Way bigger than anything NXT has done.

NXT didn’t get this TV deal, WWE did. There is no demand for an NXT TV product.

I’m still living off my prediction on the Cafe Call in when I nailed the prediction TNT / Bleacher Report live would be the home for AEW content and BRLive would see an uptick in subscribers because wrestling fans are rabid for AEW. That was about 3 weeks after they announced AEW. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Do you have actual numbers to back that up? Or just going off it not making money when it hasn’t been trying to make money it has been trying to get guys ready to move up to main roster to make money. Do you have viewership numbers for NXT from the network and also from Hulu?

Seriously though few fans of the show cared if it got on live TV because they like what it is. There are no stats that back up people not wanting to watch the program if it is available. I will concede however that most WWE fans were not asking for more content on TV. At which point I might argue that a self contained 2 hour show stands to hurt their other shows on some level. One of the reasons it is the only show I consume in its entirety every week is because I don’t need to follow a ton of hours of programming to know what is happening.

1 Like

He was overshadowed by a chinless geek…and he’s still doing that same spastic bull shit in Japan and AEW
W just because he swears now and uses black trunks doesn’t negate that.

And nice to know I’m so in your head you remember shit i couldn’t be arsed to.

It’s nice having someone care more about my posts than I actually do.

It’s super easy because you’re always wrong. Keep it up!

#7/10

This was a classic Deezy hot take thread - PWTorch - Dean Ambrose Leaving WWE in April - #4 by Deezy

:joy::joy::joy:

Also loved you talking about Ciampa being his replacement. Awesome.

I know his character is delusional guys, but he still spells his name correctly so far.

1 Like

We are all slightly concerned that we will end up seeing 7 hours of the exact same thing per week. More Corbin! More awkward Rollins comedy! More Shane! More Chinlocks! More rest holds! At what point does the overall sameness of the product burn out the average viewer?

1 Like

That was Jericho’s point on Busted Open yesterday. At some point it is all the same and dilutes the overall presentation, as well as takes away focus from the shows.

Really, having two brands already that look and feel the exact same is enough. Add a third…let’s just hope it feels different.

How do you know there is no demand? NXT has sold out 10k plus seat arenas before

Not on a non-WWE big show weekend. And even if that was true, why are they only staying in Full Sail?

Absolutely right, even before this change I have long thought that Smackdown should have been made into a more like NXT like show. Have your smaller better workers on that show, then have RAW be your much larger than life brand. Things like have Cesaro be a big guy on that brand not Braun. As is it already feels like the lesser brand trying to be the same thing.

Staying there going forward or until now? Until now the answer is cost and proximity to the PC. We don’t know they will stay there going forward.

For Takeover 25 they did better money wise than WWE had ever done in the same arena which includes RAW and Smackdown shows. It likely wasn’t 10,000 fans as that is max capacity for that arena so with production it would be less. This wasn’t on a weekend with a WWE PPV it was a week before Super Showdown.

It is hard to say “they don’t sell tickets on non-wwe PPV weekends” when there is not much of a sample size for that because they schedule them on those weekends.

They’re staying there for the foreseeable future. If the brand was so popular why not take it on the road?

Takeover 25 wasn’t 10,000 sold. Again, if they felt they could sell tickets on non-PPV weekends then why don’t they?

They don’t take to the road right away because they aren’t yet prepared to do so logistics wise. I don’t see them doing a weekly live show from Full Sail long term. They probably want to get the 2 hour show running, let more fans get familiar with the product, then go on the road. Less people watch NXT right now, fans need a chance to get exposed to it.

As for why not sell tickets on non-PPV weekends, why over expose the talent? It isn’t like the put a takeover at every PPV. I said 25 was less than 10k but still better than the main roster did in the same location. So they can sell tickets. As to why not do it on other weekends? Why do it if you sell more the other way?

You really think they will have three touring brands on three different days of the week? Not going to happen. They don’t pay the NXT talent enough to fly them around that often, and there are other instances, like with Mauro, where it’s just not going to work to travel that much.

It’s almost like this was completely a reactionary move to AEW. Weird.

NXT is a niche of a niche. We see that everytime someone gets called up. And then you add in the fact that the brand is cold, Vince is likely getting involved and there is direct competition. It’s going to get ugly.

1 Like

They don’t need to your nationally to not stay in Full sail, they already run a house show loop. I just don’t see them being able to book 2 hours every week at Full Sail forever. That will also burn out that crowd more than spread out tapings.

Also of course it is a reaction to AEW. That doesn’t mean anything about interest in the product. As to the call ups, they do horribly with them it has little to nothing to do with their talent and everything to do with the booking. Part of that is the fact that NXT has already told some of the best stories and they cannot just reuse them. Most guys on the main roster aren’t over anyway it has little to do with NXT we are just disappointed when it happens to a call up because they have a good run fresh in our mind. All that said a ton of top performers are former NXT right now.

NXT is a niche, that isn’t commentary on the quality of the product but rather it’s exposure it isn’t on TV, so unless you are seeking it out you won’t watch it. It also isn’t really advertised much on TV.

And with Vince’s hands on the product and it going on USA Network, do you really think they could televise house show stops? I’ve been to NXT house shows before, it’s total bare bones in tiny arenas. Vince doesn’t care about the crowd, he cares about how the product looks on TV. You’ll be waiting a while for them to tour, if ever.

They don’t need to make it the house show stops, just things in driving distance from Full sail. So you could hit Tampa, Miami, Jacksonville. Then Georgian and South Carolina. I’m sure they will be at Full Sail a lot. But it doesn’t have to be every week.

I certainly have concerns about this transition, as a NXT fan I worry that this will be a problem. But it could also be good. Like everything new I’ll keep an open mind until I see otherwise.

House shows are dead. They should stop with these all together and the recent trends and their cancelling of shows prove that out. As an investor I want them done touring.
Causes injuries to performers, unnecessary costs, limited revenue upside. Focus more on 3 live shows a week and international touring.

3 Likes