NXT announcement imminent for Sept. 18 launch on USA

Woah, woah! Stop being logical!
Maybe some sort of limited touring schedule, to start with

Why is it cold?? It’s not cold. They had a red hot PPV with a Toronto crowd that although had no five star matches had some insanely great matches.

Add in the signing of a certain NJPW talent, Matt Riddle, Ciampa return and we the potential for the greatest NXT ever.

Queen of spades still hasn’t lost. Io has a great match. Compare that to the women’s division in AEW.

Finally how can you claim NXT stars don’t get a reaction?

Did you see the pop for Bayleys announcement as Banks surprise partner? Or pops for Nakamuta when he debuted or Asuka? Finn Balor?

Just stop. NXT makes stars. WWE often misused them but they come in red hot.

NXT has won west weekly TV show many times. There PPVs are usually the highest rated out of any on average.

Did Takeover sell out? AEW is what you’d call “red hot” as far as ticket sales go. NXT is fine, nothing to excited over though.

Weren’t all those like four years ago or longer? And what’s your point? They’ve all been wasted. It’s because of their misuse that no one cares about NXT. Why bother if they get wasted when they’re called up.

Should’ve waited and seen…because predicting someone getting hurt and having to take major time off was as plain as day and easy to see…yeah ok pal. :roll_eyes:

Answering these as an investor:

1. NXT was a great way of getting performers experience. Now it’s a prime time Cable product.
  2. They are dead because they weren’t selling tickets at a rate that made them profitable and the talent is better served helping ratings to keep advertisers and networks happy.
  3. With E-commerce, there is other ways to drive merchandise sales, so they are outdated as a means to sell merch (and trends showed they weren’t for several quarters)
  4. It’s an area of the business that was producing negative Trends and you don’t want to have that front and center every investor call / earnings

Minimal touring schedule? They are going to be doing 3 live shows a week, 2 on the road and possibly 3 after a few weeks of Full Sail (if that). They essentially replace house show money with Live NXT touring money. How much overhead should the company incur to run live events and for what marginal gain to the bottom line? The business has shifted.

NEVER! It’s my gimick.

1 Like

Only heat I have with this company is them trying to use my name to make a new nickname for Ziggler…THATS MY NAME!!!

1 Like

Agree they should drop the house shows, at least if they are booking any top contenders on them (I’m ok if WWE wants to run the 24/7 level guys on a separate tour, but I’m not sure that would sell.). They need to treat it like a touring live TV show. The stars should not risk being hurt off camera

House shows is where most performers have the funnest times…taking that away and their stuck with stressful and long tv days…let’s make them suffer even more.

Good job.

1 Like

By working less days, sometimes just once a week, you’re making the job worse??? How???

1 Like

It’s ok, you’re wrong things all the time it’s your gimmick. All the creative messes were Ambrose’s fault right? I just might take his word over yours, I dunno.

#7/10

Is the point of their job to have the most fun or provide the best possible product for the customer? I mean what you are saying would be akin to pro-basketball players having more fun playing scrimmage games, so they should do more of that instead of making sure they are healthy for the games that matter. Also how is having more time off suffering? It isn’t like I’m saying make all house shows televised events.

The numbers might be against it, but houses shows are valuable tools for guys to try things out, learn what works and also gives experience to people who don’t have much time in front of crowds. Especially when you’re talking about the NXT ppl without time on the indies this is badly needed.

It helps make the overall product better, IMO. It’s worth it.

For main roster guys who are in the main event? I mean those guys work house shows too. As I said I have no issue with lesser guys doing it trying to find what gets them over, but Seth Rollins shouldn’t be doing them while champion.

Well you need a draw. They have a billion guys under contract, rotate them in and out. But to get rid of house shows altogether would be bad for the actual in-ring product.

Guys currently involved in too TV programs should not risk injury. So if guys rotate off TV and do house shows I’m fine with it. So if say Randy Orton finishes his feud with Kofi and loses I’m ok with him taking a house show rotation where he isn’t involved on TV, or if he is he isn’t in a major feud so he is just part of other larger matches. What I don’t want is you building a WrestleMania main event and then having it blow up because someone gets hurt off screen.

1 Like

It makes sense but Vince wont go for that.

And when has a Mania main event been blown up? It’s not like they have elaborate interwoven storylines. It’s whoever Vince likes at the moment.

I cannot say but if you listen to Ambrose they had Becky and Charlotte working house shows the week of Mania, that is just stupid, unless it is just a promo or the like.

1 Like

Terrible take!
How many talent are going to complain about being off the road a few extra days, not making towns that they pay for out of their own pocket, and not being over-worked in-ring.

By eliminating house shows WWE basically does a solid for performers the same way AEW is trying to attract them by being more wrestler-friendly with less dates.

that take was less than 7/10

Do we think Tino Sabbatelli will finally get on TV?

• Yes
  • No
  • Who Da Fuq Is That Guy

0 voters

We can argue the merits of having house shows but I hate to agree with Deezy that I actually think he has a point about the popularity of house shows with the wrestlers.

Many of WWE’s current and former wrestlers have talked about how the house shows are their favorite part of the job because they are so much more free to be creative. Chris Jericho before NJPW was doing multiple house show loops exclusively and didn’t want to be on TV.

And the NXT house shows in Florida used to be the only chance for wrestlers to develop in front of a small audience as though they were doing indys.