NXT announces return of the Breakout Tournament

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2021/06/29/nxt-announces-return-of-the-breakout-tournament/

During tonight’s installment of NXT on USA Network, it was announced that the Breakout Tournament is returning.

The tournament was announced to be officially starting in two weeks. Those in attendance were informed of the announcement prior to NXT going live. It will kick off on July 13th.

Who will be next to BREAK OUT? 💥

The #NXTBreakout Tournament returns in 2 weeks on #WWENXT, LIVE at 8/7c on @USA_Network! pic.twitter.com/QgFVIQfilF

— WWE NXT (@WWENXT) June 30, 2021

The first NXT Breakout Tournament took place in 2019 and consisted of Dexter Lumis, current North American Champion Bronson Reed, Isaiah “Swerve” Scott, Cameron Grimes, Angel Garza, Joaquin Wilde, ACH and Boa.

ACH, the former “Jordan Myles” was the winner of the tournament and he went to challenge Adam Cole for the NXT Championship.

When they reminded viewers of the previous Breakout Tournament on last night’s show, they obviously didn’t mention Jordan Myles (poor guy), but they didn’t mention Boa either, and he very much has a role on the show.

Not sure who the participants could be in this, as there have been so many recent signees that haven’t debuted yet. I know Joe Gacy is there, and I believe they still have Josh Briggs and Harlem Bravado under contract. That Parker Boudroux (sp?) dude may be too early to be featured.

I just read that the Breakout Tournament is starting tomorrow night on 205 Live. Joe Gacy and Harlem Bravado are indeed in it, with Gacy taking on Desmond Troy, and Bravado, now going by Andre Chase, taking on Guru Raaj, an Indian signee who wrestled Finn Balor on that Superstar Spectacle special.