NXT Heatwave

I know we’re not a big NXT board, but I heard rave reviews about Sunday’s show, so I checked it out.

I don’t think any of the five matches were a “match of the year“ on their own. But put all together on one card, it might’ve been the most solid top-to-bottom show that I have watched in a long time.

NXT is a good show right now. It’s honestly amazing how it’s been able to rebuild after the total destruction of the brand in the NXT 2.0 era.

But it feels more like the early days of NXT more than ever. It’s a strong mix of new talent, new characters and personalities and a few veterans to help them along.

They have some special talents right now though. Trick Williams, Oba Femi, Wes Lee and Sol Ruca. They are all still very young in their career but they show so much promise. It’s fun feeling like you are watching the first chapter in what could be megastar careers.

1 Like

I don’t watch NXT, but I can’t go on social media for more than 30 seconds without seeing Joe Hendry clips. Guy seems to be the hottest thing in wrestling right now.

So shouldn’t that lead you towards TNA, not NXT? Lol

You would think so lol, but it’s his NXT clips that keep popping up. I’d be shocked if he’s not a secret entrant in the rumble next year.

It overdelivered. Being in a bigger building put the battery in that roster’s back. Prolly one of the best shows I’ve seen all year.

NXT is fighting back.

1 Like