NXT TakeOver: New York match card & rumors (SPOILERS)

You’ve been warned

It seems like they’ve heard the complaints of Kari, Cole, and Dream being left off the last card and I can see Black/Ricochet not being on Takeover because they could/should be on the Mania card the final taping before Takeover is March 13

War Raiders © vs. the winner of Forgotten Sons/Ricochet & Aleister Black for the NXT Tag Team championship

Tommaso Ciampa © vs. Johnny Gargano for the NXT championship

Shayna Baszler © vs. Bianca Belair vs. Io Shirai vs. Kairi Sane for the NXT Women’s title

Matt Riddle vs. Adam Cole vs. Velveteen Dream © for the North American championship

Keith Lee vs. Dominik Dijakovic

Not sure how I feel, if that is the card. Gargano/Ciampa needs a big stipulation to end the feud and I feel it could be screwed up by the main roster crap.

I have 0 interest in seeing the Forgotten Sons get an NXT tag title shot or Ricochet/Black, since they aren’t a true team. I think the tag division is gonna take a bit of a dive for a bit.

I don’t like that North American title match. Cole isn’t winning. The guy seems to lose all the time now. Riddle shouldn’t lose. It’s just an odd mix.

I’m ok with the women’s title match. I think it’ll be better than a 1 on 1 match.

Lee/Dijakovic is good and I’m glad Dijakovic is finally getting on a Takeover.

NXT UK Taping Spoilers:

Summary

They announced tonight at the NXT UK tapings that Pete Dunne will be defending his UK Championship at Takeover New York, probably against WALTER

1 Like

Now THIS is something I’m looking forward to. Great decision.