Originally published at NXT TakeOver: Stand & Deliver night two media call notes
Night two of NXT TakeOver: Stand & Deliver concluded on April 8th and the show saw Santos Escobar become the Undisputed Cruiserweight Champion, Kyle O’Reilly besting Adam Cole in the main event, Karrion Kross becoming a two-time NXT Champion and Ember Moon and Shotzi Blackheart defending their tag titles.
Paul “Triple H” Levesque and Shawn Michaels hosted the post-TakeOver media call following the show and below are highlights from the call (Audio courtesy of ProWrestling.net):
- Both Adam Cole and Kyle O’Reilly were checked out after their match. Levesque added that Brian “Road Dogg” James is recovering well and he was on headset for the TakeOver shows remotely.
- Levesque was asked about the future of Adam Cole. He says tune in on 4/13 and reiterated that just because someone loses a marquee match at TakeOver doesn’t mean they’re getting called up.
- Levesque isn’t sure if the two-night TakeOver format will continue going forward.
- Shawn Michaels was asked how he would fit in the Performance Center in his 20s. He feels that it would’ve provided structure for him.
- Levesque made a joke about WALTER chopping people all over the U.K. to find out who stole the original NXT UK Championship.
- WALTER, Johnny Gargano, Tommaso Ciampa, Candice LeRae, Pete Dunne, Damian Priest and other vets have produced matches for younger talents.
- Levesque wants to do an NXT UK TakeOver but it depends on how the COVID-19 pandemic continues to unfold. The plan would be to do a TakeOver without restrictions.
- Levesque says that if Gable Steveson wants to join WWE, he’ll be amazing at it. He added that Steveson is focused on the Olympics.