NXT title match added to Survivor Series on Sunday

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/11/19/nxt-title-match-added-to-survivor-series-on-sunday/

The NXT championship will be defended this Sunday at the Survivor Series with the challenger being determined through a triple threat match this Wednesday on NXT.

WWE has announced that Pete Dunne will face Killian Dane and Damian Priest on Wednesday’s show from Full Sail University and the winner will go on to challenge Adam Cole this Sunday at the Survivor Series in Chicago.

Additionally, NXT has announced a tag match with Kyle O’Reilly & Bobby Fish taking on The Revival and that joins the previously announced ladder match between Cole and Dominik Dijakovic.

On Raw, it was set up that Wednesday’s show will be open to all Raw and SmackDown talent to appear and will be the most loaded episode of NXT to date on the USA Network with a strong chance it could beat AEW for the first time.

With the addition of an NXT title match, below is the latest card for the Survivor Series on Sunday:
*Brock Lesnar vs. Rey Mysterio in a No Holds Barred Match for the WWE title
*The Fiend Bray Wyatt vs. Daniel Bryan for the Universal title
*Adam Cole vs. TBA for the NXT title
*Becky Lynch vs. Bayley vs. Shayna Baszler
*AJ Styles vs. Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Roderick Strong
*The Viking Raiders vs. New Day vs. Kyle O’Reilly & Bobby Fish
*Team Raw (Seth Rollins, Randy Orton, Drew McIntyre, Kevin Owens & Ricochet) vs. Team SmackDown (Roman Reigns, King Corbin, Shorty G, Mustafa Ali & Braun Strowman) vs. Team NXT (TBA)
*Team Raw (Charlotte Flair, Natalya, Kabuki Warriors & Sarah Logan) vs. Team SmackDown (Sasha Banks, Nikki Cross, Lacey Evans, Carmella & Dana Brooke) vs. Team NXT (TBA)

To me this makes it seem like Dunne is winning that triple threat as I cannot see Diane or Priest in that spot just yet. Also that is crazy for Cole to do a Ladder match Wednesday, Wargames Saturday, and a PPV match Sunday.

2 Likes

And Cole supposedly still has his wrist not fully healed. Sounds like a formula for danger.

Anyway, with now a full on mix of Raw/Smackdown with NXT, on TV and now the major PPVs (and Survivor Series is one of the big four for WWE), how will NXT faithful feel?

To me it depends on how it extends past SS if they stay mostly separate after this point I am fine with it (call ups still happen, maybe a few stars change to NXT over time).

They will break Cole. Dude better have gotten a serious raise recently.

NXT is being normalized into the main WWE Brand.

Takeover War Games should feel major, special, instead it has storylines in direct competition with the Main Roster brand stuff and the Title match is on the Main Network show. It feels like it is slipping away.

1 Like

100000% agree with you. Exactly like Disney putting songs into Pixar movies.

1 Like