NXT to broadcast from WWE Performance Center on March 11

Originally published at NXT to broadcast from WWE Performance Center on March 11 - POST Wrestling | WWE AEW NXT NJPW Podcasts, News, Reviews

The March 11th edition of NXT on the USA Network will not be taking place at Full Sail. It was reported several weeks ago by Dave Meltzer via the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Full Sail has other commitments during that time period. After the 2/26 episode of NXT went off the air, Paul “Triple H” Levesque stated that the March 11th show will broadcast from the WWE Performance Center in Orlando.

It is being dubbed “Fan Appreciation night” and tickets for the show went on sale following his announcement.

Thank you @TripleH for always taking care of the @NXTUnited family. pic.twitter.com/uPW14T9tKo

— Kyle (@FLWrestlingFan) February 27, 2020

That NXT show is two weeks away but scheduled for next week’s program are two Steel Cage matches and the first of the two will see Dakota Kai taking on Tegan Nox and the second will feature Velveteen Dream vs. Roderick Strong. To get a recap of the most recent show, head over to the “podcasts” section of POST Wrestling for the upNXT crew’s review of NXT.

1 Like

Maybe it’s just me but NXT still feels weird in Full Sail every week when AEW is touring around the country.

2 Likes

It’s one of the aspects of NXT where they currently choose to save money than “compete” directly with AEW. I doubt it affects ratings, so it’s probably a smart business move unless they reach a point where a touring NXT show would be consistently profitable.

1 Like

So weird that a company with that much money decides to make the “third brand” look so bush league. What are they so scared of? Why not run an arena or a bigger venue?

2 Likes

I’ll agree it saves money, and hell it even looked great vs ROH, TNA, & MLW.

But when going head-to-head on the same night, at the same time, both live world-wide, it’s not a good look.

AEW looks like a major national promotion (teir A) while NXT looks like a national Indy promotion (teir B).

It’s like how WWE was going around the country, while TNA was still in the Impact Zone during 2010.

2 Likes