Nyla Rose talks diversity in AEW, believes Tony Khan had diversity in mind while shaping the company

Originally published at Nyla Rose talks diversity in AEW, believes Tony Khan had diversity in mind while shaping the company

Nyla Rose touches on the topic of diversity in AEW.

All Elite Wrestling wrapped up a string of shows in Washington D.C. this week. On top of Dynamite, there was a live Rampage that featured the in-ring return of Jon Moxley. Nyla Rose, a Washington D.C. native, spoke to DCW 50 to promote AEW’s shows in her hometown.

Nyla was scheduled to be in action for the ‘Enjoy Wrestling’ promotion on 1/21 but had to pull out of the show due to COVID-19.

As the interview with Rose went on, the topic of diversity came up and she was asked if she believes Tony Khan had diversity in mind while shaping AEW as a company and here was her response:

I genuinely believe Tony because Tony himself, being a minority, being brown skin, owns a professional wrestling company. That’s unheard of. That has never happened. So for all this talk about the diversity in front of the camera, there’s so much diversity behind the camera that I feel often goes overlooked and it’s an incredible feeling. The company through and through is just every color of the rainbow. I do believe it’s not a matter of checking boxes for Tony but it’s a matter of giving those opportunities because he knows what it’s like, he’s been there.

Rose was in action on last week’s Rampage when she was on the winning end of a six-woman tag match. To hear POST Wrestling’s review of this week’s Rampage, click here.

If the quote in this article is used, please credit DCW 50 with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcription.