ODB reveals she was contacted for WWE Royal Rumble appearance, says it didn't work out

Originally published at ODB reveals she was contacted for WWE Royal Rumble appearance, says it didn't work out

The four-time TNA Women’s Knockout Champion was contacted for a Royal Rumble appearance.

For 14-plus years, ODB was full-time in pro wrestling and the majority of her in-ring career was spent with TNA/IMPACT Wrestling.

Present day, she is in the food truck business and guest appeared on the Two Man Power Trip of Wrestling Podcast to promote her business. As they were conversing about what could be next for ODB, she was asked about the idea of heading to WWE.

OBD mentioned that she received a call for a Royal Rumble appearance. She stated that things did not work out and it was ultimately turned down by someone in the company.

You know, with WWE, yeah, I always wanted to go there and maybe because, you know, you got the Rumble. I did get a call for the Rumble but it didn’t work out.

They wanted me but of course a person upper… someone turned it down. But I did get a couple calls.

Before her time in TNA/IMPACT began, ODB tried out for the first season of WWE Tough Enough and spent time in Ohio Valley Wrestling. She remembers that period of her career being frustrating because she was not making much money and had to do side jobs.

ODB added that she was confused about WWE’s way of presenting their women’s division because for some time, she feels women like her who are different from what the status quo was-was not being sought out by the company and then another year, that would change and shift back.

Yeah, it was frustrating when I was at OVW. I’m not getting paid so I had to bartend on the side or bounce at a bar while everyone else is, you know, getting like $750 a week I think they were back then and then, you’d have these girls that didn’t know about wrestling. I mean it really didn’t get to me that much because I’m like, ah, I’m not gonna be that person, you know? I’m just like, whatever. That’s what they’re looking for now… Got a little frustrating but I just used it more and I just said, well, I’ll just keep doing me… but for some reason, they just never… Nowadays, it’s like they’re all different which is good. It’s always weird. They always do, one year, they want sexiness and that’s all they want. Another year, they want, you know, big bad chicks with tattoos, colored hair and sh*t, you know? You never know .

OBD has not wrestled in 2022. In early 2021, she wrapped up a run with IMPACT that included her getting a shot at the Knockouts World Championship.

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit the Two Man Power Trip of Wrestling with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.