Paul Levesque on Drew Gulak: ‘He was not released. His contract was just not renewed.’

Originally published at Paul Levesque on Drew Gulak: ‘He was not released. His contract was just not renewed.’

WWE Chief Content Officer Paul Levesque has confirmed that Drew Gulak is gone from the company.

He was asked during the WWE Backlash press conference whether it was true that Gulak had been released and whether it had anything to do with Ronda Rousey’s allegations.

Levesque did not address the Rousey situation. He said:

We release talent all the time. It’s a part of what we do. You cannot just hire people, bring them in, keep hiring more people and just keep bringing them in.

So an unfortunate part of the job is talent get released. Can I say that he was released? He was not released. His contract was just not renewed.

Vince McMahon’s name was mentioned once when a reporter from UK outlet The Metro asked:

Thinking of everything you’ve been through over the last few years, your health, your recovery, the takeover, the situation with Vince, all the changes in the company entering this new era, how is it for you as a human being dealing with that kind of whirlwind?

Levesque did not directly address any specifics, saying:

All of the other stuff is stuff that happens, and if anything’s going to be stressful for me, that’s the other stuff.

This, I love doing. So I think I had said in the past, you have to keep your family in mind and your health, all those things, and I still agree with that. But I love doing what I’m doing.

He also hinted at a return to London, whose mayor, Sadiq Khan, was re-elected earlier on Saturday. He said, “We should talk.”