(POLL) Team Name of Peyton Royce and Billy Kay Should Be Spelled:

• IIconics
  • Iconics
  • Iconic
  • EyeKhanHicks

0 voters

A win for basic grammar and spelling. Yes!

No wrong answers here @faultyrob ! Just curious what other would pick.

I did a little research and apparently Iconic Duo was already trademarked. Heck, thereā€™s even a clothing site with that name. Maybe Iconic and Iconics lost out under a trademark situation also.

I know itā€™s two capital-iā€™s, but it looks like capital-i followed by lowercase-L similar to the Iliad.

2 Likes

After some research, the word iconic is trademark in the U.S and I found out that some software company called iconics exist and probably trademarked their company name even through itā€™s not in the u.s. database. So I guessing thatā€™s why they had to write their team name with 2 I.

1 Like

Our Icons showing where everyone voted are pretty EyeKonic (play on eye candy?).

Is ā€œThe Barā€ not already trademarked outside of Sheamus/Cesaro? I just donā€™t recall tag team names being this complicated.

meetatthebar dot com has 6 Wisconsin locations of sports dining places called ā€˜The Barā€™. (shows a copyright symbol next to it as well). I just signed us up for a Blind Dart Tournament next Saturday in Green Bay !! (huh, didnā€™t even know people threw darts blind)

I thought they axed the ā€˜Iconic Duoā€™ with thoughts that 'Mella or others would be joining the sorority at some point to make the Duo part moot, but canā€™t say Iā€™m too familiar with the copyright rules and such. Looks like they were ā€˜blockedā€™ at a few points here.

I was interested to hear what name others liked here, but I also wanted to see how these polls on the forum would display the ā€˜who voted for whoā€™. Looks cool with the Icons.