POLLOCK'S NEWS UPDATE: Omos returns home, U.S. Open Challenge on Raw

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2022/11/07/pollocks-news-update-omos-returns-home-u-s-open-challenge-on-raw/

POST IT NOTES

**Rewind-A-Raw is live tonight at 11 p.m. ET following WWE Raw with John Pollock & Wai Ting. The two of us will talk about all the news coming out the weekend, Crown Jewel coverage, Logan Paul’s injury, Nick Aldis being suspended, ratings from Friday & taking your super chats, and feedback at the end. You can watch live at YouTube.com/POSTwrestling tonight or download it on the free POST Wrestling feed.

**On Tuesday, Wai Ting and I will be releasing another edition of “Small Talk”, which is a shorter version of “Talk” for Double Double, Iced Capp & Espresso members of the POST Wrestling Café.

**A note for those interested, we have two spots open at the Espresso level on the Café, which allows you to choose an event for Rewind-A-Wai and join us for a segment on the show.

**Over the weekend, we posted a 40-minute review of New Japan’s Battle Autumn event for POST Wrestling Café members, which was a very strong show.

POST SCHEDULE

Tonight: Rewind-A-Raw with John Pollock & Wai Ting (11 p.m. ET)
Tuesday: upNXT with Braden Herrington & Davie Portman
Tuesday: Small Talk with John & Wai (Double Double+ patrons)
Wednesday: Shot in the Dark with John Siino
Wednesday: Rewind-A-Dynamite (10 p.m. ET)
Thursday: The Wellness Policy – Religion & Spirituality (3 p.m. ET)
Friday: Rewind-A-SmackDown with John & Wai (Patreon)
Saturday: POST Puroresu with WH Park & Karen Peterson
Sunday: UFC 281 POST Show with John Pollock & Eric Marcotte (1 p.m. ET)
Sunday: Wrestlenomics Radio

WRESTLING NEWS

**WWE Raw takes place from Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania tonight following Crown Jewel and starts the build for Survivor Series with three weeks between premium live events. The show will be airing against the New Orleans Saints vs. Baltimore Ravens game. Below are the announced segments for the show:
*Seth Rollins issues an open challenge for the U.S. title

**WrestleTix reports just under 5,200 tickets have been distributed for tonight’s edition of Raw at the Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza.

**Laredo Kid spoke with The Laredo Morning Times with an update on the severe injury he sustained last month in Mexico during a match with Hijo del Vikingo in Monterrey:

As I ended my fight with Vikingo, I had to be transported to San Vicente Hospital immediately and had to receive emergency surgery, as one of my intestines have become ruptured during the fight. It has been the toughest battle I have ever fought in my career and life.

After being hospitalized for nine days and fighting for my life, I want to tell everybody that I am back. I am back at my house with my family and my children, and it is thanks to all of you — and all of my Laredo fanaticos — that I am better, because you all sent your well wishes, vibes and prayers. I really want to thank you all for always wanting to stay updated about my condition, and I especially want to thank my company Lucha Libre AAA that was always looking as to how I was doing.

**Omos (Jordan Omogbehin) returned home to Nigeria for the first time in 14 years to reunite with his family and was caught on tape for TMZ. The video is the best thing you are going to watch all day as everyone is overcome with emotion at the surprise visit from the WWE performer. The TMZ story states that Omos is expected to make a “major announcement” while he is home but doesn’t indicate what it will be. He has been with WWE for the past three years and was first introduced on Raw during the Raw Underground segments as the bouncer at the door for Shane McMahon before being re-packaged and paired with AJ Styles as a team.

**There has not been an update regarding how severe the knee injury to Logan Paul is. The performer disclosed that he suffered a torn meniscus and MCL, and a possible torn ACL during his match against Roman Reigns. The situation involving his ACL will be key to whether it’s a sizable amount of time he is gone for as a complete tear would probably be 6-9 months and throw off any plans he would have to wrestle at WrestleMania in April.

**Fightful Select reported on Monday that an internal memo at WWE disclosed that Crown Jewel surpassed September’s Clash at the Castle event as the most-watched international premium live event ever. The report added that viewership on Peacock in the U.S. was in the “seven figures” and that this show topped the Greatest Royal Rumble as the most-watched event of the Saudi Arabia shows (it should be noted this was only the third event from Saudi Arabia to stream on Peacock whereas the others were on the WWE Network and had a far lower amount of subscribers to draw from, so it speaks volumes that the Greatest Royal Rumble from 2018 topped the prior two shows on Peacock).

**WrestleTix reports that following the on-sale, there are approximately 1,500 tickets out for Ring of Honor’s Final Battle event at the College Park Center in Arlington, Texas. The site lists the current setup at about 2,500 seats for the December 10th pay-per-view, which will be an afternoon show on the same day as NXT’s Deadline event on Peacock and UFC 282.

**WWE has released dates and venues for the first quarter of 2023. Some of the highlights include:
*1/2 – First Raw of the year in Nashville at the Bridgestone Arena
*1/23 – 30th Anniversary of Raw in Philadelphia
*2/13 – Raw at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn
*2/19 – Raw in Ottawa, Ontario at the Canadian Tire Centre following Elimination Chamber in Montreal

**Tuesday’s episode of ‘Tales from the Territories’ on Vice TV will focus on Polynesian Pro Wrestling with a panel of Lars Anderson (who booked the territory), Downtown Bruno, Kevin Sullivan, and Rocky Iaukea (the son of Curtis Iaukea). This was the promotion run by Peter Maivia and later his wife Leah Maivia that ran until 1988 and has been fictionalized on Young Rock on NBC.

**NXT has announced Katana Chance & Kayden Carter defending the tag titles against Nikkita Lyons & Zoey Stark, Joe Gacy vs. Cameron Grimes, and Brutus Creed getting five minutes in the ring with Damon Kemp for Tuesday’s episode on the USA Network.

**The WWE stock was up a small amount on Monday, closing at $74.19. The stock is down approximately $5 since the release of the third-quarter figures last Wednesday.

**A new edition of ‘Table for 3’ will premiere on the WWE Network this Friday featuring Rey Mysterio, Booker T., and JBL.

**Nick Jackson was in attendance at the Crypto.com Arena for the L.A. Clippers vs. Utah Jazz game and threw out shirts to the crowd:

Nick Jackson from All Elite Wrestling is here doing a t-shirt toss during the Clippers-Jazz game 🤘 pic.twitter.com/HHKCEdBdhW

— Farbod Esnaashari (@Farbod_E) November 7, 2022

MMA NEWS

**ESPN reports that an investigation is underway into the movement about betting odds for one of the fights from Saturday’s Fight Night card at the UFC Apex. On the day of the fight between Darrick Minner and Shayilan Nuerdanbieke, the line moved sizably and caught people’s attention with money coming in on Nuerdanbieke for a first-round knockout, which is when the fight ended. Nuerdanbieke went from a -220 favorite to -420 approximately four hours before they fought. ESPN reports that U.S. Integrity, a Las Vegas firm conducted an analysis of the wagering and alerted gaming regulators and sports books about the irregular betting prior to the fight taking place. It is not a red flag that anything nefarious took place in terms of a fighter intentionally losing the fight as it is possible Minner was injured going into the fight and word started to spread before the fight. ESPN received the following statement from the UFC on the matter:

Like many professional sports organizations, UFC works with an independent betting integrity service to monitor wagering activity on our events. Our betting integrity partner, Don Best Sports, a leading global supplier of real-time betting data for North American sporting events, will conduct a thorough review of the facts and report its findings. At this time, we have no reason to believe either of the athletes involved in the bout, or anyone associated with their teams, behaved in an unethical or irresponsible manner.

**Ariel Helwani reported that Shane Burgos is off the PFL pay-per-view on 11/25 where he was set to make his promotional debut against Marlon Moraes due to an unspecified injury. Burgos (15-3) completed his UFC contract with a majority decision win against Charles Jourdain in July and signed with the PFL. Burgos was scheduled for a non-tournament fight against Moraes on the pay-per-view card at The Hulu Theatre in New York City.

**The UFC has released the first episode of UFC Embedded for UFC 281 this Saturday at Madison Square Garden.

ON THIS DATE

Bret Hart appears on TSN’s Off the Record in 1997, days before the Survivor Series:

ECW presented its November to Remember card in 1999 from Buffalo, New York:

TNA presented its first Sunday night pay-per-view with Victory Road in 2004 featuring Jeff Jarrett vs. Jeff Hardy for the NWA Championship:

AJ Styles ends the WWE Championship reign of Jinder Mahal on SmackDown in 2017:

WRESTLENOMICS: WWE praises Saudi government
Brandon Thurston, Jesse Collings & Chris Gullo talk about the latest wrestling business news, including WWE praising the Saudi government at Crown Jewel and Jeff Jarrett joining AEW.
NJPW Battle Autumn POST Show: Ospreay vs. Naito
John Pollock is solo to review NJPW’s Battle Autumn 2022 featuring Will Ospreay defending the IWGP U.S. Championship against Tetsuya Naito.
WWE Crown Jewel POST Show
John Pollock and Kate from Montreal review WWE’s Crown Jewel event headlined by Roman Reigns defending against Logan Paul.
THE LONG & WINDING ROYAL ROAD
WH Park welcomes New Japan Pro Wrestling’s “Filthy” Tom Lawlor to talk about a hidden gem of a match between Yoshinari Ogawa vs. Masahito Kakihara from January 15, 1999.
REWIND-A-SMACKDOWN
Wai Ting & Kate from MTL review WWE SmackDown featuring Gunther vs. Rey Mysterio and AEW Rampage featuring Katsuyori Shibata vs. Orange Cassidy with Mike Tyson on commentary.
WWE Q3 2022 Earnings Report & Analysis
John Pollock chats with Brandon Thurston of Wrestlenomics about WWE’s third-quarter earnings report and all the news from Wednesday’s call.

Browse the POST Wrestling Store
https://store.postwrestling.com

Subscribe to POST Wrestling
https://postwrestling.com/subscribe

POST Wrestling Forum
https://forum.postwrestling.com

Support our Patreon – The POST Wrestling Café
http://www.patreon.com/POSTwrestling

Follow us
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube