POLLOCK'S NEWS UPDATE: The Final Monday Nitro - 20 Years Later

It was not just Canada. I’m sure maybe in the southern US where WCW was based out of (Atlanta, GA) you might have had a better chance of finding a place to rent WCW tapes and or say a Blockbuster (with nationwide US locations) and or a store that bought “everything.”

It was ridiculous especially after 1996 when Time Warner bought Turner Broadcasting, you would have assumed they would have released more WCW things besides superstar one hour tapes (DDP, Ric Flair, Sting (he had another superstar tape years earlier) and Goldberg).

2 Likes

Blockbuster was the only chain I recall I’d ever come across my WCW tapes somewhat regularly. And then random Mom & Pop shops would have different ones on occasion.

1991- until Hogan’s arrival, I feel like they barely released anything at all.

I just started and I agree with you about the physical. I’m listening to it on audible.

1 Like

…and just signed up for Audible for a 30 day trial (with two free books) with Amazon Prime, and there’s my first book. Downloading now!

1 Like

Here are some of the WCW Home video covers. I recognize some of the WCW home video covers but not the PPV ones.

At least in the US WCW to me was more of a cable show than WWE(F at the time) was. Superstars and Wrestling Challenge was available over the air (rabbit ears) but I do not remember seeing say Worldwide over the air until Hulk Hogan showed up in WCW in 1994.
I do remember seeing say Starrcade 1986 and a couple of other but not too many pre Hogan like you said.

1 Like

Great minds think alike. That’s what I did. And I got the Sandman as my second book.

1 Like