Poppy to perform at NXT TakeOver night two, Triple H says she wants to wrestle

Originally published at Poppy to perform at NXT TakeOver, Triple H says she wants to wrestle

WWE has pushed out a number of musical performance announcements for their WrestleMania week festivities and scheduled for NXT TakeOver: Stand & Deliver are performances from Nita Strauss and Poppy.

Nita is kicking off night one with the National Anthem and Poppy is going to perform on night two, as confirmed by Billboard.com. Poppy has performed for NXT several times in the past and her song “I Disagree” was the soundtrack for NXT TakeOver: WarGames in 2019.

Paul “Triple H” Levesque spoke to Billboard.com about Poppy’s return to NXT and the topic of Bad Bunny’s WrestleMania match came up. Levesque stated that much like Bad Bunny, Poppy wants to start training to wrestle.

Bunny finds himself at a place in his career where he can just say I want to be in the WWE and that’s amazing to me. He got a place in Orlando and he’s been training three times a week for the past three months. He has taken it so seriously. I love those collaborations. And Poppy is like Bunny in the way that every time I see her, she wants to get in the ring and wrestle and start training.

Night one of NXT TakeOver: Stand & Deliver is airing on the USA Network and on Peacock while night two is exclusively on the Peacock service. Here’s the updated lineups for nights one and two of TakeOver:

• NXT Women’s Championship: Io Shirai (c) vs. Raquel Gonzalez (w/ Dakota Kai)
  • Vacant NXT Tag Team Championships — Three Way: MSK (Wes Lee & Nash Carter) vs. Grizzled Young Veterans (James Drake & Zack Gibson) vs. Legado Del Fantasma (Joaquin Wilde & Raul Mendoza)
  • NXT UK Championship: WALTER (c) vs. Tommaso Ciampa
  • #1 Contender Gauntlet Eliminator: L.A. Knight vs. Isaiah “Swerve” Scott vs. Cameron Grimes vs. Bronson Reed vs. Dexter Lumis vs. Leon Ruff
  • KUSHIDA vs. Pete Dunne

Night Two (4/8)

• NXT Championship: Finn Balor (c) vs. Karrion Kross (w/ Scarlett)
  • NXT Cruiserweight Championship Unification Ladder Match: Santos Escobar (c) vs. Jordan Devlin (c)
  • NXT North American Championship: Johnny Gargano (c) vs. TBD (Gauntlet Winner)
  • Unsanctioned Match: Adam Cole vs. Kyle O’Reilly
  • NXT Women’s Tag Team Championships: Shotzi Blackheart & Ember Moon (c) vs. Candice LeRae & Indi Hartwell