POST NEWS UPDATE: Daniel Cormier was asked to be a part of NBC's Titan Games

Originally published at POST NEWS UPDATE: Daniel Cormier was asked to be a part of NBC's Titan Games - POST Wrestling | WWE AEW NXT NJPW Podcasts, News, Reviews

If any of the quotes from the following podcasts or video interviews are used, please credit those sources and provide an H/T and link back to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.

** Former UFC Heavyweight Champion Daniel Cormier chatted with Jim Varsallone of the Miami Herald. Cormier spoke about possibly working with WWE and was asked if he’s ever had the opportunity to work with Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. Cormier shared that there was an opportunity on the table to work on the Titan Games show on NBC but things did not work out.

“I got a call a while back about doing something with the Titan Games but it just didn’t work out logistically. So, there hasn’t been much about anything other, but, we’ve had conversations with WWE about other things and we’ll see what happens if that’s something that’s to be explored. But right now, everything is just — I’m just a fan, like everybody else.”

** AEW World Tag Team Champion Kenny Omega interviewed with Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated. Omega said a lot of people watched his work in New Japan Pro-Wrestling and thinks that Gedo put together his stories. Omega clarified that he put together his own stories.

“A lot of people watched my work in New Japan, and they think there is this mysterious figure, this booker, Gedo, and he controls and oversees all and writes all the stories. No. I wrote my own stories. That was me.”

Before Omega left New Japan, one of the individuals he gave advice to was Will Ospreay. Omega told Ospreay that he should focus on how to use his well-equipped assets in the ring and stop doing things just to show people he can do it. Omega feels that Ospreay has followed suit.

“One of the last things I said when I was leaving New Japan after my match with Tanahashi was to Will Ospreay. I told him there is no one with a larger tool box and set of tools than him, and it was just a matter of getting his s— together and figuring out how to use those tools properly instead of just doing s— just to show people you can, and to his credit, Will’s figured it out. He’s regarded by a large chunk of people as the best in the world. But the thing is, as soon as you’re injured or people decide you’re not the best in the world, then what? How do you keep that passionate fan base with you? For me, through the way I tell my stories and the way I value my fans from around the world, who mean the world to me, people have stuck with me even though I’m not in the main event picture, and it doesn’t matter if I’m not in the main event picture, I am performing my ass off to deliver main event level performances. I understand that you can’t just be a dude that has long singles matches with the same people over and over. You have to challenge yourself in all match types, including TV matches. Guys that think they’re great in the Wild West where they can do whatever the f— they want, sure, they’re great. Not to sound egotistical, but putting on great matches, that’s the easiest part for me. Try to do it when you have to hit a hard eight minutes, and still blow the fans’ socks off.”

To close out the interview, Omega said that soon enough, people will be reminded of why he’s the best in the world.

“When it’s time, which is sooner than people think, I’ll remind people why I’m the best in the world, and it’s coming. It’s not a matter of if it’s going to happen, it’s just a matter of when.”

** Per Law 360, six firms are vying for lead counsel in the two WWE stockholder lawsuits, in-which the investors claimed that they lost money while WWE hid their “souring relations” with Saudi Arabia in the middle of hosting shows there. The six firms filed a motion in a New York federal court and want to consolidate two class actions that were submitted in March.

** CZW announced that they are postponing the ‘Tournament of Death’ until further notice due to the Coronavirus outbreak.

** A slate of new series are coming to A&E Network as the broadcast company announced new programming that is arriving soon. One of those shows is called “The Quest For Lost WWE Treasures” which will feature Paul “Triple H” Levesque and Stephanie McMahon searching for rare WWE collectibles. Here’s the synopsis for the series:

“The Quest for Lost WWE Treasures” (wt)

A&E Network has greenlit the new series “The Quest for Lost WWE Treasures” (wt) in partnership with WWE Studios which takes viewers on the ultimate hunt to find some of WWE’s most iconic, lost memorabilia. In each episode, WWE’s Stephanie McMahon and Paul “Triple H” Levesque, will lead a team of collectors, WWE Superstars and Legends as they investigate, negotiate, bid and travel across the country to hunt down and reclaim some of the most elusive WWE collectibles.

Throughout history, WWE’s action-packed storylines have spawned iconic, one-of-a-kind memorabilia, most of which is lost in attics, hidden in boxes or even claimed by competitors. Guided by McMahon and Levesque, the series will unearth these rare items in the hopes of preserving and sharing the legacy behind the memorable moments in WWE history. Episodes will feature exclusive WWE footage as well as unprecedented access to the WWE Archives, which holds more than 10,000 rarities including Andre the Giant’s custom boots, Vince McMahon’s cement-filled Corvette, The Undertaker’s caskets and more. Over the course of ten one-hour episodes, WWE Superstars and Legends will give viewers a unique look into WWE history as they seek out the missing treasures that have left a lasting mark on pop culture.

“The Quest for Lost WWE Treasures” (wt) is produced by WWE Studios for A&E Network with Susan Levison and Ben Zierten serving as executive producers. Elaine Frontain Bryant, Dolores Gavin and Jonathan Partridge serve as executive producers for A&E Network. A+E Networks holds worldwide distribution rights for “The Quest for Lost WWE Treasures.”

** New York Post chatted with Aleister Black. Black opened up about working with his wife Zelina Vega. He said he enjoys it and they always keep things professional but as far as her being an on-screen manager to him right now, Aleister has no interest in that and explained why:

“I have no interest in having my wife as my manager and I don’t think she has to because it would be kind of cliché. It’s almost in the line of expectations where it’s like, ‘Oh of course you’re going to put them together,’ and I don’t want that. I don’t think that I necessarily need my wife or my wife needs me on screen because clearly my wife is doing a phenomenal job. She’s basically been the head of RAW for the last two, three weeks.

I’d like to carve out my own path, which I’ve been doing very well for the last couple of weeks. Maybe in the future, you know, if they come up with something good and something we would both agree on, who knows. I’ll never say never, but as I’m looking at it right now, no.”

Black was asked for his thoughts about the recent WWE furloughs/releases. He hopes to see some of his friends and colleagues back at some point and he’s sure WWE as a whole feels the same.

“Very sad. I was as in shock as everyone else. Obviously the entire world is going through similar things and unfortunately WWE didn’t come out unscathed. I just hope by the end of all this I get to see a lot of those faces, a lot of my friends back. I know the entire company hopes that. Everybody hopes everything goes back to normal sooner rather than later.”

Zelina Vega launched a YouTube channel with Aleister and every week, they host a Q&A session. Aleister admitted that he’s always conflicted about it because it’s not something he’s used to. He added that he does it because it makes Zelina happy.

“There’s a part of me that’s still kind of conflicted on it. I like it, but at the same time sometimes it goes through my head as like, ‘Is this really what I feel comfortable with?’ It’s not even anything that’s done or said that is negative. I’m just not used to letting people in. But it’s also something we live in 2020 and it is a different age and it is a different era so maybe this is also me kind of adjusting to that because I’ve put that stuff off for so long.

I still don’t think that a lot of social media stuff is for me, but it makes her happy. She has a lot of fun doing it so if I can be a part of that and make that experience for her more pleasant, then I’ll gladly do it.”

** Super Luchas spoke with Epico Colon for an exclusive interview. During their conversation, Epico revealed that he and Primo pitched the idea of Carlito making his return to WWE. According to Epico, Vince McMahon approved the idea.

“Vince approved the idea, but after several weeks we realized that Carlito’s return to the company was no longer going to materialize.”

** Titus O’Neil told ‘Metro’ that Terry Crews was supposed to stick around with WWE for a few more days to film content after Terry filmed the intro for the 2018 SummerSlam pay-per-view. Terry’s schedule with Brooklyn Nine-Nine prevented that from happening.

** Matthew Rehwoldt, formerly known as “Aiden English” spoke with Vickie Guerrero on her podcast and Rehwoldt confirmed that his non-compete clause in his WWE contract expires on July 17th.

** To promote the Cagefighter: Worlds Collide film, Jon Moxley spoke with Express Sport. Moxley expressed his interest in the recently released Cain Velasquez possibly coming to All Elite Wrestling. The former two-time UFC Heavyweight Champion was released from WWE in late April.

“He’s so awesome, he was doing so good in AAA pulling off wacky Hurracanranas and stuff and doing all that. I don’t really know what his aspirations are or his goals are or what he wants to do with his self and his unique abilities and his unique pedigree, but I would personally relish the opportunity to learn from him is growing and expanding. We could be entering a cool time once this is all over with all this different talent going to different places, doing different things and it’s kind of exciting not just as a wrestler but just as a fan too.”

** Cassidy Riley, who is a former TNA and WWE talent was profiled by ‘MyArklamiss.com’. Riley is now working in the medical field and has been treating COVID-19 patients. After he was let go from WWE developmental in 2008, he broke his neck and knew he needed a backup plan.

“I got let go from WWE. also broke my neck. I realized I was going to have to have a back up plan eventually. My grandmother, who was a big influence in my life, she knew I cared genuinely about people. She saw that side of me. So, that’s why she always kind of hinted she wouldn’t mind seeing me do that. We’ll have days where it seems to slow down a little bit, and, I kind of think we’re getting a handle on this and then we’ll have a resurgence. It’s very hard for the patients and the families, both not being able to be there, especially during such a vulnerable time when these people are so sick.”

** Rohit Raju did an interview with Fight Network and voiced his thoughts about racism in wrestling and what he’s had to verbally endure throughout his career in the sport.

“Japanese wrestlers, nowadays because of how big New Japan is, get accepted. The lucha style of wrestling is kind of what’s hot so a lot of Mexican wrestlers get accepted. Indian wrestlers, Arabic wrestlers, it’s still the same thing and not saying those guys don’t get their — because they still get the crap chanted at them… man, when I first started wrestling, it was always, ‘Hey, you look Arabic. Can you be a terrorist? Hey, can you do this? Can you do that?’ And it’s funny, way before Cody Rhodes, not saying he took it or nothing but I was doing this gimmick called the American Nightmare Hakim Zane where I would sit there and say, ‘I’m an American but you don’t treat me like an American. I’m a better American than you because I’m trying to live the American dream but you won’t let me live the American dream because instantly you hear my name, instantly see the color of my skin, you instantly try to stereotype me and you instantly tell me to go home to my own country, yet I’m here.’”

** The documentary below is about Atsushi Onita traveling to a CZW show to face Matt Tremont is up on YouTube for free.

** The Stamford Advocate published an article about WWE running a portion of their Money In The Bank pay-per-view from the WWE headquarters in Connecticut. One of several media or healthcare professionals that were interviewed for the piece was Daniel Durbin, director of the University of Southern California’s Institute of Sports, Media and Society.

“I think that it’s better to have product out before the public than to be silent. So, while the production can’t have the impact of live, audience-focused events, it does keep the ‘Money in the Bank’ event brand before the WWE audience and is a win for WWE.”

‘The Rush’ also has an article up about WWE’s filming of Money In The Bank at their corporate headquarters. WWE was allowed to film the event because media companies provide “essential” services that are exempt from the stay-at-home order that was put in place on March 23rd by Connecticut Governor Ned Lamont.

** Drew McIntyre spoke with Sportskeeda’s Alan John about Vince McMahon, Paul “Triple H” Levesque and those who were backstage at WrestleMania being proud of him after he won the WWE Championship.

** On the premiere episode of Tama Tonga’s ‘Tama’s Island’ podcast, Karl Anderson joined the show and while conversing about Bullet Club, Anderson said that the group were almost named “The Real” before Finn Balor stepped in and declared “Bullet Club” as the group name.

“You know, Gedo actually wanted to call us ‘The Real’, because we used to always ended up saying The Bullet Club and that actually stuck.”

** While speaking with PEOPLE.com, both Nikki and Brie Bella continued to be candid about specific portions in their memoir. Brie talked about a teenage significant other of hers passing away in a car accident and Nikki talked about becoming the proverbial ‘open book’ for she and Brie’s book.

** Digital Spy released another portion of their interview with Otis. In this portion of the interview, Otis told the story of when he was tackled by security at a WWE house show when he was in fifth grade for trying to reach over the guardrail and slap hands with Trish Stratus.

“It hurt, every bit of it hurt. I was a 200-pound fifth grader – I looked like a man almost. So yeah I made a sacrifice, got speared, but after that spear from the guard we got first row tickets. So it all happened for a reason. I’ve never told Trish that story in person. It’s hard for me to talk to her as a lady I’ve watched for years in the sports-entertainment world.”

** Arab News did an interview with Shawn Michaels.

** Drew McIntyre spoke with the Hindustan Times about WWE’s fan base in India.

** Dominic DeAngelo of WrestleZone has an interview with Darby Allin.

** In part two of Hiroshi Tanahashi’s interview series on NJPW1972.com, he talked about his love life during his teenage years.

** AEW World Champion Jon Moxley chatted with SEScoops and told the publication about the advice that was given to him by the late ‘Rowdy’ Roddy Piper at a SmackDown TV taping.

“You know Rowdy Roddy Piper told me once — I had a pretty good relationship with him. One time he came to like a SmackDown or something? I can’t remember exactly how he phrased it, but I was out there wrestling; I did something and I was just kind of soaking in the adulation of the crowd or playing to the crowd or something like that, you know?

He came to the back and found me, he’s like, ‘You went too much babyface’ or something. I can’t remember exactly . He’s like, ‘You look at the guy’s shoes.’ Basically saying you stay focused on your opponent. You’re there to hurt him kind of thing.”

** As of May 6th, Ring of Honor TV began airing in the United Kingdom on Fight Network UK. Ring of Honor’s weekly show will air on Wednesdays at 11 PM.

** Nikki and Brie Bella joined Busted Open Radio to promote their new book ‘Incomparable’ which is out now. The Bella Twins opened up about their relationship with WWE Chairman Vince McMahon and Brie shared what it was like for her and Nikki to develop that relationship with Vince.

“Sometimes you forget how to talk properly, but the thing that you did feel for Vince is he appreciated when you did come in with either ideas or to pick his brain, and Nicole and I, sometimes you’d see us waiting outside the door and you’d have to wait for sometimes an hour and you’re like, ‘Oh God, so embarrassed.’ But, every time we sat down with Vince, it was a gentle conversation. I mean he definitely yelled at us a couple times, and that was scary, but to actually sit down and we always walked out of there either understanding our story or the bigger picture, or just changing something in a way where we all might like, ‘Oh, you’re right. Maybe it should go this way.’”

** Alicia Atout uploaded a new interview with Session Moth Martina.

** Otis video chatted with FOX’s Milwaukee affiliate.

** Here’s the trailer for next week’s Dark Side of the Ring episode based around The Road Warriors (Hawk & Animal):

** The King of Fighters All Star game collaborated with WWE to incorporate some of their talents into the game.

** Dolph Ziggler appeared on The Bellas Podcast and hosted their ‘Bella Brains’ segment.

** Next Tuesday on FS1, a WrestleMania III recall will air.

** Tony Schiavone recapped the May 6th episode of AEW Dynamite:

** Inside The Ropes released a clip from their stage show with Matt Hardy. In the clip, Hardy discussed the difference in in-ring styles between himself and Jeff Hardy. Matt said he was always the more physical one and sometimes it worked against him because Jeff was the one that did the flashy and eye-catching moves.

“If people don’t believe you can fight, if they don’t believe you’re physical, then it’s going to be an issue because that’s actually how they believe you. In the end, it’s almost like, less is more, simpler the better and we incorporated, I started incorporating a lot more of that. Sometimes it worked against me in some ways because Jeff was the one that always did the flashy stuff and sometimes that overshadowed the things I was doing when I was a little more of a solid worker than him. I always made sure that I was rough and tough and physically, I was okay as far as being able to fight and scrap so I was able to incorporate that more and it actually made people believe you a lot, more legitimately and that’s a very important thing in this professional wrestling industry.”

** Independent wrestler Leo King was profiled by ‘Evening Express’. Leo was on his way to America to make his pro wrestling debut in the country but due to the Coronavirus outbreak, the promotion that he was going to debut with cancelled their forthcoming show. Elsewhere during the interview, Leo spoke very highly of Drew McIntyre and how much he admires McIntyre.

** Fightful conducted a joint-interview with Dana Brooke and Ulysses Diaz. Brooke spoke about how she’s prepping for the women’s Money In The Bank match that is taking place inside of WWE headquarters in Stamford, Connecticut.

“Absolutely unbelievable. I tell everybody I don’t even know how to prepare for this. It’s a historical match. You start at the ground level and you have to race to the top of a building, and there’s rings on top. So, we’re gonna have to beat people off while on a chase. I don’t know if last year’s Money in the Bank ladder match can prepare me for this one. It’s just more or less I know how to set up a ladder and climb to the top. But, that was definitely one of my favorite matches and I’m pretty sure this one’s going to top the cake as well. It’s something completely different.”

** Longtime WWE employee and former WWF Women’s Champion Harvey Wippleman was the most recent guest on WWE’s After The Bell podcast with Corey Graves. Wippleman explained what his current role is in WWE and shared that he’s a concierge and runs errands for talents in the company.

“You know what? If I wanna stand here and maybe I’ll put a tie on and a suit, I’ll say I’m the concierge of the WWE! Really, I’m the washed up guy who runs errands for everybody and I jump through hoops for millionaires and I don’t care, I love it. You know what? I love what I do now more than I ever loved managing, wrestling, refereeing. I love what I do now. I enjoy it. We can be in Minneapolis, Minnesota in the middle of the Winter and they say, ‘We need a surfboard. We got a guy coming in. We’re gonna call him ‘The Surfer’. We need a surfboard. Nobody can find a surfboard.’ I’ll be back, give me 20 minutes and I’ll be back with a surfboard. That’s what I do, and I take pride in it and a lot of small things too. This top guy, his suitcase got delayed by the airlines. ‘Would you go to the airport and get it?’ ‘Sure.’ ‘This guy forgot something in his hotel room, go get it’, because everybody trusts me. They know I’m not gonna go in their room and steal something, go through their bag. He left his championship there or boots there, whatever. I go get it, bring it back.”

** ‘Times Now’ caught up with WWE Champion Drew McIntyre. If McIntyre defeats Seth Rollins at Money In The Bank, McIntyre said he’d like to have a program with AJ Styles but specifically dove into the thought of what a feud would look like between himself and Bobby Lashley.

“AJ Styles will be up there. If he can make his way out after the Boneyard Match. There is a bunch of superstars… lots of guys I have not feuded with because I was part of groups for so long. I think myself and Bobby Lashley… we had a big feud in TNA Wrestling…. over their heavyweight championship. I want focused and dangerous Bobby Lashley.

We are talking very unique matches. Finlay and Regal match. There was a bunch of cars. They surrounded them in a parking lot with all the lights on and it was looking like a street fight. I would love to do a match like that with Lashley.”

** Former 8-time TNA X Division Champion Chris Sabin appeared on The WinCity Sports Podcast.

** Here’s the latest episode of Battle Of The Bands on the UpUpDownDown YouTube channel:

** May 7th is the date of birth for Kevin Owens and Owen Hart. Today is also the birthday of Will Ospreay who turned 27-years old.

** Starting tonight with this past November’s Saturday Night SuperFight event, FITE will be streaming a slate of MLW pay-per-views going forward.

** Titus O’Neil sat down with James Delow for a new installment of the Gorilla Position podcast. Towards the end of the interview, O’Neil spoke about his former tag team partner Darren Young and their friendship. O’Neil said he would love if Young returned to WWE so they could possibly reunite The Prime Time Players.

“I do stay in touch with him. That’s not my call as to whether or not he’ll be back in WWE but I would definitely love to have him back. He’s one of my best friends and one of the people that kinda helped me be a better performer in-ring and I helped him be a better performer on-camera in regard to showing more personality and so we had a great balance with each other. He was one of the first people to kind of stay with me before practice, come with me before practice, stay with me after practice and work with me when other people would not — so open to working with me when I first started wrestling in my early months so, he’s a person that’s a dear friend of mine and I would love to see him come back and I would love to reunite The Prime Time Players if that was a possibility, because we did have a lot of fun.”

** Pro Wrestling Sheet has an interview up with Lacey Evans.

** In her latest write-up for the Calgary Sun, Natalya interviewed Titus O’Neil about Mother’s Day and how Titus’ mother has positively impacted his life.

** Below is Ring of Honor’s mini-documentary about former ROH World Champion PCO’s rise to the top of the company:

** Nikki and Brie Bella appeared on the J&J Show on 92.9 FM ESPN radio to promote their new book.

** WWE’s Daniel Vidot spoke with ‘Total Rugby League’ and talked about his transition from professional Rugby to pro wrestling. Vidot also shared his thoughts about his recent match on SmackDown against Sheamus.

** Seth Rollins was a part of a media call with international wrestling media outlets and ‘Metro’ has highlights up of Rollins speaking highly of The Undertaker.

** Naomi, Alexa Bliss, Natalya and Ember Moon watched back the 2019 women’s Money In The Bank Ladder match:

** Former 6-time IWGP Tag Team Champion Tama Tonga was the most recent guest on The Wrestling Inc Daily podcast.

** During an interview with CBS Sports, Otis said that despite he and Tucker not being on WWE TV together on a consistent basis as of late, they are still a duo and are not splitting up.

“We’re going as strong as ever baby, oh yeah. He’s always going to be my big brother and be my protector. The character of Otis is really like a loose cannon. I need someone to control me because my emotions get so high even I can’t control them as a human being… Heavy Machinery is full tilt. Just because there’s a little bit of absence here and there, I’m sure everyone is stirring up conversation and putting their opinions out there. But that’s a part of it. That’s a part of the mystique of what’s going on right now in WWE. I talk to my brother every day; I call him every night.”

** According to Showbuzz Daily, the May 5th edition of WWE Backstage on FS1 brought in 75,000 overnight viewers. Rey Mysterio was the feature guest on this week’s show.

If any of the quotes from the following podcasts or video interviews are used, please credit those sources and provide an H/T and link back to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.