POST NEWS UPDATE: Jerry Lawler Details Experience at RAW's Double Taping

Originally published at POST NEWS UPDATE: Jerry Lawler Details Experience at RAW's Double Taping - POST Wrestling | WWE AEW NXT NJPW Podcasts, News, Reviews

POST NEWS UPDATE: Jerry Lawler Details His Experience At RAW’s Recent Double Taping

** On the latest edition of WWE Hall Of Famer Jerry Lawler’s podcast, he talked about the effort that went into putting together the December 16th edition of Monday Night RAW. During that show, the episode of the 12/23 edition of RAW was taped as well. Jerry said that 19 total matches were taped. Lawler said that a portion of the show that aired last week on the USA Network was not live and while that was airing on the USA Network, they were in the process of taping the first hour of RAW for the 12/23 show.

“That was a long night. We had 20 matches. So the fans that came to the show that night in Des Moines, Iowa on Monday night got to see 20 matches. We had one dark match and then the two RAWs consisted of 19 total matches and you’re right, it was a long night. We started, and I bet a lot of people didn’t realize… it would be hard to realize it but ordinarily, we were on central standard time so central time, the show would’ve started live on the air at 7 o’clock, but instead we started live in the arena at 6 o’clock, and so we started doing the show, and in order to be able to get both of these shows done in one night, we did the shows without commercial breaks, which made it even tougher on the announcers because a lot of the times, you depend on those commercial breaks to get a second wind or maybe clear your throat or whatever and just let your voice take a break during the little two-minute commercial breaks, but we had no commercial breaks. We just ran right on through the entire five hours of shows with no breaks. So when the shows came on live, for the fans to watch at 7 o’clock, it really started an hour before that. So we were doing what you’d call, live-to-tape or tape-to-live I guess, maybe all night long throughout that first show. So when we finished with the first show at like 9 o’clock, it was still going on the air for another hour. You know, because that was the part we’d already taped, and then while that was still airing live… it’s hard to say live. While that was still airing on the USA Network as if it were live, we had already started another hour of the following week’s show, the Christmas show. Everything was so rushed. It was so crazy.”

“As soon as this week’s show was over, here comes all the crew and it was just miraculous the way they do this. I mean, I’d say within the span of two minutes, we finished the one show and within two minutes, they had this entire Christmas scene and everything set up for the start the Christmas show. I don’t know how many Christmas trees and wrap packages and all of this sorta stuff that they brought out onto the stage area for the set for the Christmas-themed show but man, it all happened within an instant.”

** Fandango revealed through Instagram that he underwent Tommy John surgery. Fandango’s last match took place on the 12/11 edition of NXT on-which he and Tyler Breeze teamed up to defeat The Singh Brothers. Fandango returned to in-ring competition this past Summer after being on the sidelines with a torn labrum that put him on the shelf in the Summer of 2018.

** AEW commentator Jim Ross shared on Twitter that he received two sharp knives from his daughter for Christmas and while unpacking the knives, one of the knives stuck him in his fingernail and he also got hit in the stomach while reacting from the fingernail incident. In the photo, there was some of his blood on napkins but J.R. noted that he is doing fine.

** New Japan Pro-Wrestling announced that their Sakura Genesis event is returning in 2020 on March 31st at Sumo Hall in Tokyo, Japan. Sakura Genesis last took place in April of 2018 and was headlined by Kazuchika Okada defending the IWGP Heavyweight Title against Zack Sabre Jr.

** Kevin Gilbride, who is the head coach for the XFL’s New York Guardians joined WFAN Sports Radio and talked about the head coaches’ interaction with Vince McMahon and Gilbride said Vince informed them that he’ll be there for them whenever they need him and went as far as offering his cell phone number to those who need to reach him.

“Vince then came in and basically cautioned us that it was not something we’re all going to be used to necessarily. But we’ve got to work with our partners, which we will. The biggest thing I got from that was his commitment, his enthusiasm about the game. The fact that he threw it in our laps, he says, ‘Hey, I’m going to help you but I’m behind the scenes. You guys are going to make this thing go. This is football. I want to win with quality football. Football that people are used to seeing … He says, ‘It’s on you guys, but I’m here 24/7. If there’s a problem, you need something, you call me 24/7. I’m there for you, but it’s your responsibility to make this thing go. It’s my responsibility to market and promote it and do what I can.'”

** Pro Wrestling NOAH ‘Starting Over’ Results (12/22/19) Kira Messe Numazu
– Shuhei Taniguchi def. Kinya Okada
– Akitoshi Saito & Masao Inoue def. 50 Funky Powers (Mohammed Yone & Quiet Storm)
– Hao & Nio def. Minoru Tanaka & Seiya Morohashi
– Kenou, Masa Kitamiya & Yoshiki Inamura def. Hajime Ohara, NOSAWA Rongai & Takashi Sugiura
– Atsushi Kotoge, Kotaro Suzuki & Yoshinari Ogawa def. RATEL’S (HAYATA, Tadasuke & YO-HEY)
– Daisuke Harada, Kaito Kiyomiya & Naomichi Marufuji def. Go Shiozaki, Katsuhiko Nakajima & Hitoshi Kumano

** Zack Ryder got “516” tattooed on his leg to represent his hometown of Long Island, New York.

** While speaking with SPORT1, Cody Rhodes talked about several of the wrestlers on the AEW roster being ahead of the curve and two names he specifically mentioned were Darby Allin and Kris Statlander who’ll be challenging for the AEW Women’s World Title on January 1st.

“There are people who are definitely ahead of the curve considering they have never been on TV: Darby Allin, for example, or Kris Statlander. I didn’t know who Kris Statlander was a month ago. Now I can’t imagine AEW without her. She’s an incredibly special talent and we want to cultivate that. I’ve been really impressed with so much of our roster with how they’ve taken doing live television.”

** Former two-time RAW Tag Team Champion Luke Gallows turned 36-years old on December 22nd.

** As first reported by WWE Network News, a new episode of Table For 3 is coming to the WWE Network on December 23rd featuring former Nation Of Domination members Mark Henry, The Godfather and D’Lo Brown.

** In November, writer, producer and director David Sahadi announced through social media that he was returning to IMPACT Wrestling after his exit from the company in 2017. According to PWInsider, Sahadi is done working with Major League Wrestling after he signed a deal with IMPACT to return full-time. Sahadi worked the most recent MLW Fusion tapings and the belief within the promotion was that he’d be able to work with IMPACT and MLW. It is noted in the report that there is some resentment from MLW’s side as those in the promotion feel that Sahadi was pulled away from MLW. On December 29th, Ricky Martinez posted on Twitter that he had been granted his release from MLW but PWInsider is reporting that MLW is disputing that and saying that Martinez was let go instead of being granted his release.

** Bollywood star Salman Khan received a custom WWE Championship belt.

** Over the weekend, Kris Statlander gave a farewell speech after her match for the Create A Pro Wrestling promotion based in New York. During her speech, Statlander became emotional and thanked everyone who has helped her get to where she is now and added that she’s going to continue making her way to the top.

“I’m not very good at expressing my feelings. Everyone here knows I knew nothing about wrestling before I started wrestling, and I’m just very glad that… I’m gonna get . Alright, full disclosure, I got my period today so I’m very emotional,” those around the ring broke out in laughter. “In a weird way, wrestling saved my life and I’d be nowhere where I am today if I didn’t meet every single one of these people here and they never helped me grow into the alien I’ve become today. I just wanted to say thank you to all the fans and thank you to everyone here at Create A Pro for helping me get to where I am and where I’ll keep going. I’m gonna skyrocket to the moon because that’s what aliens do. I’m gonna stop talking now.”

** Front Office Sports has a story up about WWE’s partnership with KFC.

** Hannibal TV’s Devon Nicholson uploaded a new video to his personal YouTube channel which includes multiple former WWE wrestlers talking about steroids in the sport:

** Isaiah ‘Swerve’ Scott and Monteasy released a video for their single ‘I’m The Man’:

** Curt Hawkins unboxed a Jushin Thunder Liger action figure:

** The National Wrestling Alliance is uploading this week’s episode of NWA Powerrr a day early and it will premiere on their YouTube channel at 6:05 PM EST today.

** WWE Chairman Vince McMahon was a part of the Variety500 list.

** Glory Pro Wrestling’s ‘Unsanctioned II’ Results (12/21/19) Pop’s NightClub & Concert Venue
Four Way Match: Mike Outlaw def. Dak Draper, Jake Lander and PACO
Three Way Match: Elayna Black def. Laynie Luck and Seishin
– The Besties In The World (Davey Vega & Mat Fitchett) def. The Flip Bros (Air Wolf & Angel Dorado)
– Hakim Zane def. PB Smooth
– Rickey Shane Page def. KLD
Old Fashioned Bunkhouse Six Man Tag Team Match: Barackus, Dan The Dad & Kody Lane def. 1 Called Manders, Billy Brash & Eddy Only
– Jake Something def. Matthew Justice
– Curt Stallion def. Effy
– Idris Abraham & Joe Coleman def. Marino Tenaglia & Philly Collins
Death Match – Crown Of Glory Championship: AJ Gray (c) def. Mance Warner

** Here are some notes from the recent Q&A edition of Bruce Prichard’s ‘Something To Wrestle’ podcast:

– Bruce has a book in the works about his career in wrestling. He was previously working on a book but the individual who he was collaborating with unfortunately passed away and on top of Bruce’s schedule now that he’s back with WWE, it has been difficult to continue piecing the book together.

– Prichard believes that Eric Bischoff should go into WWE’s Hall Of Fame as a singles act.

** Taichi did an interview with the Playboy site Grajapa Shueisha.

** Baron Corbin appeared on ‘No Holds Barred’ on ESPN 1530 and during the conversation, Corbin talked about hitting the End Of Days on Becky Lynch in the main event of WWE’s Extreme Rules pay-per-view this past July:

“I think that was all Vince . I think that was Vince’s master plan. The guy in my opinion is a genius in what he does and he knows when you can hit a moment and when you can really make something unpredictable. I think it’s a special talent that he has. I think nobody saw that coming, and it was a moment, when I hit it, it was such a crazy reaction because at first it was like, this quietness that rolled over. It was so weird how it did because they didn’t realize what just happened and when they did, it was like this… you’re grabbing your friend by the shirt going, ‘Did you see that!? Did you see that?’ And then, when they realize that I just put Becky down, then the boos just rained. It was crazy. It was like a three-part reaction. It was just unbelievable.”

Corbin also talked about protecting his End Of Days finishing maneuver and how important it is to him to keep it protected. He said he has had conversations with The Undertaker about keeping finishers protected and also told the story of how he came up with the End Of Days.

“I 100 percent do and I had a conversation with Taker about that. He really made the Tombstone something very special and nobody kicked out of it for a long time and he held it very sacred and so that was something I took to heart and something I wanted to do. Nobody has ever kicked out of kick out of the Tombstone and it was just unbelievable and the shock and the awe, and it’s just, I don’t know. I think that’s an art that’s lost nowadays. I think keeping things sacred is a little bit lost because people wanna keep up with these internet fans who love this high, fast-paced action and the insane moves, and moves on top of moves so, I try to keep it simple and I think that’s what makes it important but, the End Of Days actually was an accident. In NXT, we have like a crash pad ring, where you can go in and try stuff in and I was just messing around with somebody then he jumped and I caught him and hit it, just playing around and as soon as we landed, I was like, ‘Oh man, that was something cool.’ So yeah, when it happened, you immediately knew and he looked at me and I was like, ‘Dude, let’s video it’ so we videoed it a few times and it was so funny because I sent it to Billy Gunn who was getting ready to face The Shield at WrestleMania. I was like, ‘Dude, I think I got my new finisher. I finally found one. Like I’ve never seen anything like it before,’ and he goes, ‘I’ll use it at WrestleMania’ and I go, ‘If you do, we are gonna fight.’ I was ready to fight him and he kept teasing me that he was gonna use it on The Shield. But yeah, he got me pretty good on that one.”

** Northeast Wrestling ‘Holiday Havoc’ Results (12/21/19) Bethany, Connecticut
– Chris Battle, RJ Rude & Zane Bernardo def. Brett Ryan Gosselin, Aiden Aggro & The DangerKid
– Chuck O’Neil def. Jake Manning
– Tasha Steelz def. Angel Sinclair
– Royce Bishop & Trigga The OG def. Jaylen Brandyn & Traevon Jordan
No-DQ Match: Dan Maff def. Wrecking Ball Legursky
– Brian Pillman Jr. def. Mike Verna
Vacant NEW Live Championship — Triple Threat Match: Christian Casanova def. JT Dunn and Keith Youngblood

** During the Seth Rollins ‘WWE 365’ special on the WWE Network, it was revealed by Rollins that he was working through a stress fracture on his vertebrae on the lead-up to WrestleMania 35.

** Revolution Pro Wrestling has moved its ‘High Stakes’ show from February 12th to February 14th. It is noted in the announcement made by the promotion that if not for the change, several key performers that are scheduled for the show would have been affected. RevPro thanked York Hall for cooperating with them on the move and noted that anyone who made non-refundable travel arrangements to see the show on the 12th can contact them.

** WWE put together a compilation of the top 20 WWE returns of the last decade:

** The newest edition of Rob Schamberger’s ‘Canvas 2 Canvas’ is based on Daniel Bryan:

** Enzo Amore versus Brian Pillman Jr. has been added to Qatar Pro Wrestling’s event on February 21st.

** NWA Powerrr interviewer and ring announcer David Marquez tweeted out of the following:

“Eddie Murphy can say “Coon Boy” on network TV but @TheJimCornette can’t say a starvation joke in the internet? Good on you America.”

** For WWE’s upcoming live events, Drake Maverick is being advertised as Baron Corbin’s new manager.

** Alicia Atout has agreed to a multi-year extension with Major League Wrestling.

** The latest edition of New Day’s ‘Feel The Power’ podcast was Christmas-themed and the trio talked about some of their holiday-themed matches in WWE and their respective Christmas traditions.

** Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated conducted an interview with Glenn “Kane” Jacobs. Jacobs talked about he and Daniel Bryan being on different sides of the political spectrum but the two being able to have conversations about politics and respecting one another’s opinion.

“Bryan and I are on such opposite ends of the political spectrum. But we respect each other as human beings and value each other’s opinions, so we had conversations and learned from each other. I learned a lot from Bryan, even if we didn’t always agree.”

** While speaking with talkSPORT, IMPACT World Champion Sami Callihan further opened up about the baseball bat incident with Eddie Edwards. Hindsight being 20/20, Sami feels that-that incident ended up being positive for both he and Eddie Edwards and explained why:

“Yeah, IMPACT didn’t apologize for it. Accidents happen in pro wrestling and it’s really funny that people like to judge me on that one moment even though I haven’t hurt anyone in my entire wrestling career, but that one moment put IMPACT back in the mainstream and it changed mine and Eddie Edwards’ career for the better. Now, Eddie Edwards doesn’t have to be looked at as a Dean Malenko-style wrestler anymore. He’ll go out of his comfort zone and do something different and I think we’re seeing the best version of Eddie Edwards we’ve ever seen at this point because he gets to be a different Eddie Edwards. He’s not held up to that same, ‘Oh, Eddie Edwards has to be the best technical wrestler in the world’ so much. Now he can go out and do something different for once and it changed both of us for the better. That’s something that will stay with me forever, but that’s something that will stay between me, Eddie Edwards and IMPACT Wrestling,” Sami said about what happened between him and Eddie when they got backstage. “But, we jumped on it, it got me on TMZ and it made me one of the most controversial wrestlers of the last 10 years.”

At IMPACT Wrestling’s ‘Hard To Kill’ pay-per-view on January 12th, Sami Callihan is defending the IMPACT World Championship against Tessa Blanchard. He feels that they have the opportunity to have the match of the year for IMPACT in 2019 and 2020 and he also talked about some of the other matches slated for the show.

“I’m pretty sure we’re going to win Match of the Year for IMPACT Wrestling in 2019, so getting a chance to do that again on a pay-per-view scale at this magnitude, something like this is only going to come around once in a lifetime. This truly is a once in a lifetime match-up. Male versus female in the main event of a pay-per-view going for a world championship for the first time. You can’t ask for more. You want different? IMPACT is giving you different, and that card is stacked when you really think about it. Me versus Tessa for the title, Moose versus Rhino in a clash of generations, you have Ken Shamrock versus my right-hand man Madman Fulton and people may have saw what he did in NXT, but I don’t think they really understand what that man is capable of and I truly believe in the next five to ten years, he’ll be one of the most talked about wrestlers on the planet.”

** Here’s Jim Varsallone interviewing Rhino:

** A new video was uploaded to the UpUpDownDown YouTube gaming channel featuring Bayley, Cesaro, Big E and Kofi Kingston playing Super Mario Party:

** Inside The Ropes released a clip from their stage show with WWE Hall Of Famer Goldberg. During this clip, Goldberg talked about his misplaced sidekick that connected to Bret Hart at WCW’s Starrcade event in 1999. Hart has publicly spoken out about the kick and Goldberg has been called a multitude of names by the public for what happened between him and Bret in 1999. Goldberg expressed that he regrets what happened but understands that accidents happen in the ring.

“I would’ve loved to have worked a little bit more with Bret Hart and I would’ve loved more than anything to have not kicked Bret Hart in the head, and what happened, happened. There had been things said on the internet, either by Bret or other people that I was malicious, that he shouldn’t have been in the ring with me and, hey, I’m really sorry man but if I really wanted to hurt the guy, he would never have gotten up. Okay, and no joke. He never would’ve gotten up. But, accidents happen, and he was an idol of mine and still is and that’s one thing I’ll forever be remorseful for is the misplaced kick. I mean, he did kinda know it was coming, but there are a couple things in my career that I wish I could’ve changed. That was one of them. The length that I had an angle with him, and my inability to be professional enough to pull the kick,” Goldberg said with air quotes. “But it meant very much to me to be believable. I didn’t want to present a character that, no offense, but was like a Ric Flair. I’m not the Woo, I don’t run around and be goofy and entertain people like that. I’m a competitor. I’m not an entertainer. So if what I do in competing entertains, then I’m ecstatic. But I didn’t set out to be a sideshow by any stretch of imagination. My two-to-five-to-ten minute… I’m stretching it a little bit,” Goldberg chuckled, “Matches were basically throwing people to the lions. It was messy and it was violent and it was over before you knew it, and that’s what people loved. It was something different.”

** Hiroshi Tanahashi did an interview with Tokyo Sports to promote Wrestle Kingdom 14 and his match at the event against Chris Jericho.

** Here’s episode 184 of Being The Elite:

** Davey Boy Smith Jr. is taking on Simon Gotch in a no ropes, No Holds Barred match at MLW’s January 11th show.

** AEW World Tag Team Champion Scorpio Sky chatted with Alicia Atout of ‘A Music Blog, Yea?’:

** Stone Cold Steve Austin made a cameo appearance in Bad Bunny’s music video for the song ‘¿Quien Tu Eres?’.

** NXT U.K. Tag Team Champion Wolfgang joined the ‘Wrestling Daft’ podcast with Grado and Rab. Wolfgang talked about his run in NXT UK, getting to hip toss The Big Show at the WWE Performance Center among other topics.

** OTT Wrestling pushed out the following mini-documentary about David Starr:

** Kofi Kingston appeared on the State Of Combat podcast and shared his thoughts about Big E possibly becoming WWE Champion in the future and Kofi feels that Big E has the potential to carry the load and began listing some of E’s qualities that can lead to him becoming WWE Champion.

“I think that when you talk to E, he’s very modest about it. He says he just shows up to work and does what he’s supposed to do. I think we all know, and we wouldn’t be having this conversation if we didn’t know E’s potential to be able to carry the load. He’s phenomenal on the mic, he’s funny, he can be intense, he’s well-spoken. He’s just an all-around good dude. I think it’s just a matter of time. When the time is right, he will definitely be somebody that can take the bull by the horns and lead the charge. We’ll see, we’ll see what happens as time goes on but, yeah, E is definitely a guy that is more than capable of being the face of the company and lead. Myself and Woods will be right there beside him, supporting him the whole time and holding him up. That has always been the philosophy of our group — always to push our brothers to the top. We’ll see what happens, we never know. When it happened to me, it wasn’t supposed to. Who knows? We’ll see.”

** WWE is returning to Milwaukee, Wisconsin for a live event on March 28th just a few days out from WrestleMania 36 in Tampa, Florida.

** Yahoo! Sports put out their interview with Kofi Kingston.

** Effy joined Scrump and Stank on the PWTCast and during their chat, Effy shared his thoughts about how gay characters in wrestling have normally been portrayed by straight men. He also talked about how being a “tough guy” is fine but he can also have fun and prance around the ring as well.

“And that’s still even straight dudes, and that’s historically been the big problem is like, there’s no gay people playing gay people historically in wrestling. Or I bring up Kanyon a lot. Look how masculine Kanyon had to act his whole career because no one could discover he was gay but like, you go back to Adrian Street, had his wife with him still. There was still that sort of backup. Go back to Goldust, he was still dating Terri Runnels early on, dating other people. You go back, you look at Marc Mero. Well he was right there with Sable. When he was doing his Little Richard gimmick, he was gay as a biscuit but when he’s got Sable next to him it’s like, ‘It’s okay that he’s a feminine gay because look, he’s got this woman next to him. He’s not a real one. You don’t gotta worry about that.’ There’s always been sort of that. So going back to gay Stone Cold, going back to the beginning, I don’t take no sh*t from nobody, and I don’t think I need to, and there’s a lot of boys, like I said, playing tough and that’s fine. I don’t have to play tough because when we get to it, we’ll be tough. But I can prance around for a minute first and get in your brain.”

** Big Japan Pro Wrestling Results (12/22/19) Osaka, Japan
– Takuho Kato def. Akira Hyodo
– Kazumi Kikuta, Koji Kanemoto & Masamune def. Kazuki Hashimoto, Kosuke Sato & Yuya Aoki
Three Way Tag Team Match: Daisuke Sekimoto & Ryuji Ito def. Brahman Brothers (Brahman Kei & Brahman Shu) and Banana Senga & Tsutomu Oosugi
Death Match: Masaya Takahashi & Toshiyuki Sakuda def. Kankuro Hoshino & Yuko Miyamoto
– Abdullah Kobayashi & CIMA def. Kota Sekifuda & Yuki Ishikawa
– Daichi Hashimoto, Hideyoshi Kamitani & Takuya Nomura def. Alex Zayne, El Lindaman & T-Hawk
– Ryuichi Kawakami, Shigehiro Irie & Yuji Okabayashi def. Orca Uto, Ryota Hama & Yasufumi Nakanoue

** The latest edition of the Pro Wrestling Boom podcast featured NWA National Heavyweight Champion Aron Stevens.

POST PURORESU: Year-End Awards, Hall of Fame, Wrestle Kingdom 14 Preview
John Pollock & WH Park preview both Wrestle Kingdom 14 cards from the Tokyo Dome, a look at the WON Hall of Fame class & WH’s Year-End Awards.
https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/12/22/post-puroresu-year-end-awards-hall-of-fame-wrestle-kingdom-14/
REWIND-A-SMACKDOWN 12/20/19: ‘Twas The Week Before Christ-Miz

John Pollock and Wai Ting review the holiday edition of Friday Night SmackDown featuring Daniel Bryan & The Miz teaming up against King Corbin & Dolph Ziggler. Somehow, we got 2 hours out of this discussion.
https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/12/21/rewind-a-smackdown-12-20-19-twas-the-week-before-christ-miz/
TRMPS #12: Tooth Fairy (2010) with John Pollock & Jimmy Korderas|

Nate Milton, John Pollock and Jimmy Korderas settle in for a special holiday viewing of Dwayne Johnson’s family-friendly film about a minor league hockey player struggling to balance his personal and professional life.
https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/12/21/trmps-12-tooth-fairy-2010-w-john-pollock-jimmy-korderas/
THUNDERSTRUCK #9: Jushin Liger vs. Shinjiro Otani (2/9/97)

WH Park and Daniel Makabe (a world-renowned independent wrestler from Canada) bring you a deep analysis of Jushin Liger taking on Shinjiro Otani for the J-Crown on February 9, 1997.
https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/12/22/thunderstruck-9-jushin-liger-vs-shinjiro-otani-2-9-97-w-daniel-makabe/

CAFÉ HANGOUT: Dominic Garrini talks concussions, Your Calls, End of 2019

On the final Café Hangout of 2019, John Pollock and Wai Ting welcome pro wrestler Dominic Garrini (MLW, GCW, Beyond Wrestling) to share his thoughts on pro wrestling concussion protocols in light of the Kairi Sane incident at TLC. Plus, a major ratings victory from NXT over AEW in the Wednesday Night Wars.
https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/12/19/live-link-for-todays-cafe-hangout-3-pm-et-feat-dominic-garrini/
REWIND-A-DYNAMITE 12/18/19: Jericho vs. Jungle Boy, Dark Order, NWA Power

John Pollock and Wai Ting review AEW Dynamite’s final episode of 2019 featuring Chris Jericho vs. Jungle Boy, The Dark Order attacks The Elite, The Young Bucks vs. SCU for the Tag Team titles. Plus, we discuss AEW Dark, NWA Power and today’s news.
https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/12/19/rewind-a-dynamite-12-18-19-jericho-vs-jungle-boy-dark-order-nwa-power/
upNXT 12/18/19: The Tides Have Turned

Braden Herrington & Davie Portman review the December 18th edition of WWE NXT featuring Shayna Baszler defending her NXT women’s title against Rhea Ripley.
https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/12/19/upnxt-12-18-2019-the-tides-have-turned/

REWIND-A-WAI #52: WWE SummerSlam 2015
John Pollock and Wai Ting review WWE SummerSlam 2015 from Brooklyn, NY featuring The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar and John Cena vs. Seth Rollins.
https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/12/17/rewind-a-wai-52-wwe-summerslam-2015/

Browse the POST Wrestling Store
https://store.postwrestling.com

Subscribe to POST Wrestling
https://postwrestling.com/subscribe

POST Wrestling Forum
https://forum.postwrestling.com

Support our Patreon – The POST Wrestling Café
http://www.patreon.com/POSTwrestling

Follow us
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube

was excellent. I just didn’t like what he said after the Hell in a Cell match, “it’s how fans are when they don’t get what they want”. Seriously ?

What did he say that was wrong tho? Fans do act like entitled kids throwing temper tantrums when something doesn’t go the way they want it.

That assumes that the match was good with an unfavorable outcome. Hell in the Cell was an awful match with an outcome the fans didn’t want. WWE puts themselves in these situation of their own volition. The terrible outcomes they book are 100% avoidable.

1 Like

And JJ Abrams could’ve avoided his current backlash too…blah blah blah, they made a choice and it didn’t work out the way they thought it would.

Maybe fans shouldn’t act like everything they don’t like is a personal insult towards them and stop taking everything so fucking seriously.

Abrams could ha e if he wrote the middle of the story. WWE wrote the whole thing, it was an obvious bad idea before they did it. Let’s stop pretending fans should cheer things that are done poorly. Other than NXT WWE (IMO) have botched nearly everything since going to fox. They try way to hard on booking when it isn’t rocket science.

1 Like

Middle of the story wasn’t this giant left turn at Albuquerque…Abrams finish was what he wanted to book.

It happens everywhere.

He walked back a ton of stuff in Rise so it was a pretty big left turn. I mesn if your argument is that the Hell in The Cell match never should have been booked in the first place I agree with you, but how it was booked ruined 2 characters. Just because bad or questionable booking happens else where does not mean fans have to like the decision, or not revolt against it. If WWE generally booked things well I could see the point but outside of things involving NXT I’m struggling to remember many, Kofimania comes the closest in the last year to being truly good.

You’re analogy doesn’t work at all - Abrams had absolutely nothing to do with the second chapter of the story (The Last Jedi) - and came in and changed directions this time around (Rise of Skywalker).

In fact - if anything - he listened to all those “Entitled kids throwing temper tantrums” - and changed all sorts of things laid out Rian Johnson’s film.

1 Like

Listened to the entitled temper tantrums throwing kids and he still got shit for it.

Odd seems to me that the reception to the new Starwars is better than it was for TLJ. So he got something.

New Japan Pro-Wrestling announced that their Sakura Genesis event is returning in 2020 on March 31st at Sumo Hall in Tokyo, Japan.

Awesome! I was planning to be in Seoul around then, looks like I’m going to Tokyo first for my first ever NJPW show!