POST NEWS UPDATE: Lana details death threats over Lashley storyline

Originally published at POST NEWS UPDATE: Lana details death threats over Lashley storyline

POST NEWS UPDATE: Lana details death threats over Lashley storyline

** Lana sat down with Connor Casey of Comicbook.com for an exclusive interview. Towards the end of the conversation, Lana talked about receiving death threats as the storyline between herself, Bobby Lashley and Rusev has unfolded. Lana spoke out about cyberbullying and what that could lead to and said she will continue to speak out against it.

“Yeah, we’ve received a lot of death threats. I personally have received a lot of death threats. I’ve gotten calls from the WWE and FBI. People actually threatening WWE, having death threats on me and the FBI’s had to call me and protect me and I get death threats on my comments on Instagram, on Twitter. I mean people are mean, mean, mean. People are bullies, and today I open my email account and I had this death threat in my email and you can go see it on my Instagram story, but it was just the names that people call are just appalling. It’s absolutely appalling, and this is the thing that is difficult, life is hard. Life is not a walk in the park and it’s not easy. You’re gonna have the tide. It’s gonna be great and then it’s gonna be pulled back and that’s life. I hate to say but at the end of this life, we die and we get older and that’s just how it goes and, so, how can we live our best life in this world that’s broken and not perfect, and I can tell you one way to live it — is not judging and being so mean to people that you don’t support, and because there’s gonna be — I mean you see this in religion, you see this in politics, you see this in general. People don’t support your life that people are so mean and that’s wrong, and that’s fine. People don’t have to support my lifestyle, and people don’t have to support everyone’s lifestyle. That’s completely fine. In the United States of America, it’s a free world and we can live however we want but one thing that is wrong is if you think someone is doing wrong, the thing is to go and be mean to them, because two wrongs don’t make a right in no world, and I think I just really want to speak out on the cyber bullying issue because I’ve been a victim of so much cyber bullying and I take a step back and go, ‘Woah, I’m a strong person. I’m a stable person mentally and physically,’ and I believe in myself, so I’m not as affected by this, but I go, ‘Wow, if you’re doing this to other people. If you’re doing this to little girls in your school, little boys in your schools, people that you don’t support’… maybe they struggle with mental illness or maybe they struggle with their own insecurities.”

“You can really have a negative effect on people. You can cause people to have downward spirals, you can cause them to have eating disorders. Cyber bullying is a big cause of suicide, and I just wanna speak out on it. That’s really, really, really wrong. It’s completely wrong and people really need to think before they comment because all they’re doing, they’re hiding behind a screen and they’re being mean, and do people want to be responsible for people killing themselves? And so I think that I’m going to continue to strongly speak out about it because I think there’s a lot of people that are victims of cyber bullying and it really affects their entire life and it’s wrong and it needs to stop.”

** Seth Rollins did a Q&A session before his appearance on WWE Backstage on December 3rd. He was asked what has been his favorite title run of his WWE career and he said that his Intercontinental Title run that began at WrestleMania 34 is his favorite but he’s enjoyed all of his runs thus far:

“I’ve had so many that I’ve really loved and for different reasons. I loved the 2015 . Obviously got cut short prematurely so I felt like I had a lot of unfinished business there. I really loved the Intercontinental Championship reign from WrestleMania until I lost it to Dolph Ziggler. I thought I did a lot of good with the I.C. Title during that stretch and it did a lot of good for me as well, and I really love the Universal Title run I had until Lesnar took it off me at Extreme Rules. I honestly thought I had some really great matches that I enjoyed. AJ Styles was one of them. Winning the title from Lesnar at WrestleMania was great. I thought that mixed tag at Extreme Rules itself was an awesome match, and look, say what you will about Baron Corbin but the dude can bring the fight and we had some good ones there too so, I thought it was really good and even after that, everything up until I lost it. Getting it back from Lesnar at SummerSlam. That whole chunk of time there I really liked so, if I had to pick just one if you forced my hand, I’d say maybe the I.C. Title, just because it felt perfect. It felt right on the money. No hiccups, no snags. I just had a really good time. I enjoyed myself so much going out every night defending the Intercontinental Championship.”

** WWN EVOLVE put out their WrestleMania week schedule:

Thursday – April 2nd
Noon – Accelerate Stage 1

4pm – Accelerate Stage 2

8pm – PROGRESS

11:55pm – WWN Supershow

Friday – April 3rd
Noon – EVOLVE

4pm – SHIMMER

8pm – TBA

11:55pm – Kaiju Big Battel

Saturday – April 4th
Noon – EVOLVE

4pm – wXw

8pm – TBA

11:55pm – A very special event to be announced on December 19th!
** POST Wrestling would like to send our well wishes to Human Tornado who shared on Instagram that he had to have surgery to remove a part of his foot due to diabetes. *Graphic image warning before clicking the link*

** Coming out of the 12/5/19 episode of NXT U.K. on the WWE Network, it was announced that at NXT U.K. TakeOver: Blackpool II in January, WALTER will defend the NXT U.K. Championship against Joe Coffey. At a later date in the coming weeks, Alexander Wolfe will clash with Ilja Dragunov. On the December 12th episode of NXT UK, Mark Coffey and Wolfgang are defending their NXT U.K. Tag Team Titles against Imperium’s Marcel Barthel and Fabian Aichner.

** Per Squared Circle Sirens, one-half of the current SHINE Tag Team Champions Aja Perera is receiving a WWE tryout on December 5th. Also, Lainey Nations, Ebony Payne, Jessica Roden, and Jennifer Cantu are receiving tryouts as well.

** This Friday night on SmackDown, Roman Reigns will go one-on-one with Dolph Ziggler.

** The December 9th edition of Monday Night RAW will emanate from Greenville, South Carolina and it is the go-home episode before WWE TLC on December 15th. The following matches are being advertised for RAW, per FOX Carolina:

– The Kabuki Warriors (Kairi Sane & Asuka) vs. Charlotte Flair & Becky Lynch
– Rusev vs. Bobby Lashley (w/ Lana)
– Seth Rollins & The Viking Raiders (Ivar & Erik) vs. The O.C. (AJ Styles, Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson)

** Prior to the 12/4/19 episode of NXT going live on the USA Network, Joaquin Wilde returned to in-ring competition and defeated Chase Parker in a dark match. The second dark match of the night saw Kayden Carter defeat Jessi Kamea. On next week’s NXT, Mia Yim will take on Dakota Kai, and Lio Rush is defending his NXT Cruiserweight Championship against Angel Garza. On the December 18th edition of NXT, Rhea Ripley gets her shot at Shayna Baszler’s NXT Women’s Championship. Next week’s show will also see Finn Balor versus Keith Lee versus Tommaso Ciampa and the winner will secure an NXT Championship match against Adam Cole on December 18th.

** Next Tuesday’s edition of AEW Dark will be called by Britt Baker, Chuck Taylor and Orange Cassidy. Scorpio Sky will take on Jimmy Havoc and Peter Avalon in a Triple-Threat match, and Kenny Omega is clashing with Kip Sabian. On next Wednesday’s episode of Dynamite in Garland, Texas, Santana and Ortiz and The Young Bucks will meet in a Street Fight, along with Cody & QT Marshall teaming up against The Blade and The Butcher. Also, Chris Jericho and Jungle Boy are going one-on-one on December 18th to see if Jungle Boy can last ten minutes in the ring with Jericho.

** Madison Square Garden’s Twitter is advertising The Kabuki Warriors (Kairi Sane & Asuka) defending the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championships against Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair inside a Steel Cage at a WWE live event on December 26th.

** On the most recent edition of Sean “X-Pac” Waltman’s podcast, he gave his take on why some NXT talents want to stay in NXT and why some don’t mind moving to RAW or SmackDown:

“There are people that have just started, that don’t have any experience. People that have been around forever. There’s older people, younger people, there are a few people that are pushing 40 on the NXT roster. So there’s going to be different mentalities, and there are some people that have military backgrounds, that have a different mentality because of that. So it depends on who you talk to. I know certain people that are doing really well there that are kinda thinking that a main roster move might be good for them.”

** The 12/3/19 episode of WWE Backstage on FS1 drew 138,000 viewers according to Showbuzz Daily. That number is up from last week’s episode which brought in 121,000 viewers. Part one of the season finale of Total Divas on E! had 247,000 viewers tuned in. Last week’s show drew 291,000 viewers and the final show of season nine airs next Tuesday.

** UFC B.M.F. Champion Jorge Masvidal is joining fellow UFC fighter Julianna Peña and play-by-play commentator Max Bretos on December 7th to call the action for Combate Americas’ show.

** Flip Gordon sat down with Chris Van Vliet for an interview and talked about his future and people suggesting that he’ll join All Elite Wrestling after his Ring of Honor run:

“There is lots of options, and I saw one question that had asked where do I see myself five years from now, and that’s a mind blowing question because I haven’t even been wrestling for five years. So, look how much the business has changed since I’ve started. It could change so much more in another five years so I’m happy with what my ghosts of my friends are doing, but I want to see how the landscape of professional wrestling changes, because I am the mercenary and I’m gonna see all my offers before I make any decision whether it’s staying or going anywhere.”

** The latest guest on Celtic Warrior Workouts with Sheamus was WWE Hall Of Famer Edge:

** Team Kofi versus Team Cesaro in ‘WWF WrestleMania’ has been uploaded to the UpUpDownDown YouTube gaming channel:

** AEW World Tag Team Champion Scorpio Sky joined WrestlingINC’s WINCLY podcast and was asked what it means to him to be one-half of the first-ever AEW World Tag Team Champions. Sky gave his thoughts on that and went on to praise AEW’s tag team division:

“You know, obviously it’s a huge honor, and it came as a big surprise to me. But, at the same time, it shows a lot of faith that the company has in us. I believe we were handpicked by Tony in history… we have the most stacked tag team division in wrestling. If you look at guys outside of S.C.U., we’ve got The Young Bucks, we’ve got the Lucha Brothers, we’ve got Private Party and The Jurassic Express and then there are more teams that just go on and on — Santana and Ortiz. Anyone of these teams could carry the company as Tag Team Champions so the fact that we are able to do it when it could be anyone else… again, I hate to beat the drum but it’s such a great honor and I’m hoping that we can do it for a long time and leave a legacy and years from now, people look back and say, ‘Man, they were absolutely perfect to kick things off with.’”

** NASCAR.com interviewed former WWE 24/7 Champion Kyle Busch. Busch captured the title this past Monday on RAW by pinning R-Truth and later lost the title back to Truth. Busch told the site how his involvement on RAW came to be:

“We were just going there for the show, just to watch,” Busch said about his appearance alongside Michael Waltrip at the taping of Monday Night RAW. “They heard we were coming and then set us up and said, ‘Hey, you want to be a part of the show?’ And I was like, ‘Well, alright, sure. What do you got in mind?’ Then they brought this up and I’m like, ‘Oh hell, this is going to be fun.’ ”

Busch added that he had trouble with some of the lines that scriptwriters gave to him so he was instructed to not speak.

** Maria Manic is making her Ring of Honor in-ring debut at Final Battle against Angelina Love.

** Sasha Banks was a part of a media scrum prior to WWE’s house show in Mexico City. The following video is courtesy of Lucha Central:

** Desiree “Dirty Dez” Yanez, who’ll be in action for Combate Americas on December 7th did an interview with Darren Paltrowitz.

** Scott Dawson noted on Twitter that his daughter’s new favorite wrestler is AEW’s Sonny Kiss.

** Ring of Honor announced that former CHIKARA Grand Champion Hallowicked is competing against Mark Haskins at the post-Final Battle television tapings.

** Stacy Keibler announced that she’ll be welcoming her third child into the world.

** Dragon Gate ‘Fantastic Gate’ Results (12/4/19) Korakuen Hall
– Ho Ho Lun, Kota Minoura & Yuki Yoshioka def. Jimmy, Syachihoko BOY & Yosuke Santa Maria
– Don Fujii & Gamma def. Hiroshi Yamato & Mondai Ryu
– Dragon Dia, Keisuke Okuda & Masaaki Mochizuki def. Genki Horiguchi, Punch Tominaga & YASSHI
Three Way Tag Team Match: Diamante & KAZMA SAKAMOTO def. Dragon Kid & Jason Lee, and Kzy & Susumu Yokosuka
– BxB Hulk, Kagetora, KAI & YAMATO def. K-ness, Ryo Saito, Super Shisa & Yasushi Kanda
– Ben-K def. Shun Skywalker
– Kaito Ishida, Masato Yoshino & Naruki Doi vs. R.E.D. (Big R Shimizu, H.Y.O & Takashi Yoshida) goes to a double count-out.
– Ultimo Dragon def. Eita via DQ.
– Eita, Kaito Ishida & Red Mask def. Masato Yoshino, Naruki Doi & Ultimo Dragon

** Tom Lawlor and the current MLW World Heavyweight Champion Jacob Fatu appeared on Busted Open Radio.

** Bar Wrestling: ‘Invasion Of The Secret Santas’ Results (12/4/19) Bootleg Theatre
– Russ Taylor def. Lucas Riley
– Ray Rosas & Andy Brown def. Yuma & Watts
– Taya Valkyrie def. Miranda Alize
Six-Person Tag Team Match – Gail Kim As Special Guest Referee: Joey Ryan, Heather Monroe & Laura James vs. Anthony Greene & Platinum Hunnies (Ava Everett & Angel Sinclair) resulted in a double pin.
– Brian Cage def. Chris Bey
– Los Luchas (Phoenix Star & Zokre) def. Jake Atlas & Dom Kubrick

** ‘Isthmus’ ran a story about an independent promotion based out of Wisconsin.

** According to PWInsider, the first tier of the updated WWE Network is available and it’s expected to be free for all users.

** HullLive has a feature up about independent wrestler Lucas Steel. Lucas told the publication that making it to the WWE is a big aspiration of his and if the opportunity to be a part of the company presented itself, he’d jump at it.

** NJPW World Tag League Tournament Results (12/5/19)
World Tag League Tournament Match: YOSHI-HASHI & Tomohiro Ishii (18 pts) def. Karl Fredericks & Hirooki Goto (4 pts)
World Tag League Tournament Match: Chase Owens & Bad Luck Fale (12 pts) def. Satoshi Kojima & Hiroyoshi Tenzan (8 pts)
World Tag League Tournament Match: Yujiro Takahashi & KENTA (16 pts) def. Mikey Nicholls & Jeff Cobb (14 pts)
World Tag League Tournament Match: Zack Sabre Jr. & Taichi (16 pts) def. Toa Henare & Hiroshi Tanahashi (4 pts)
World Tag League Tournament Match: EVIL & SANADA (24 pts) def. Tomoaki Honma & Togi Makabe (6 pts)
– Kazuchika Okada & Roppongi 3K (SHO & YOH) def. Kota Ibushi, Tiger Mask & Jushin Thunder Liger
World Tag League Tournament Match: Guerrillas Of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa) (22 pts) def. Terrible & Shingo Takagi (12 pts)
World Tag League Tournament Match: David Finlay & Juice Robinson (22 pts) def. Lance Archer & Minoru Suzuki (16 pts)

** Former 3-time AAA Reina de Reinas Champion Sexy Star did an interview with the Miami Herald and was asked if she’d be interested in competing on either Women Of Wrestling or IMPACT Wrestling and Sexy Star said it’d be an honor for her to be a part of IMPACT.

** Natalya posted a new article for the Calgary Sun. In her post, she wrote many positive comments about Titus O’Neil and how giving he is during the holiday seasons.

** Tito Ortiz did an interview with WrestleZone.

** Shad Gaspard was a guest on the most recent edition of Booker T’s ‘Hall Of Fame’ podcast.

** ROHWrestling.com conducted an interview with Flip Gordon.

** Alberto El Patron did an interview with Sporting News and shared his thoughts about Tito Ortiz’s support of Donald Trump.

Cafe Hangout
John Pollock and Wai Ting are joined by veteran wrestling writer Greg Oliver to discuss his latest book, The Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame: The Storytellers. We also discuss the closest week of AEW-NXT ratings yet.
https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/12/05/live-link-for-todays-cafe-hangout-3pm-et/
REWIND-A-DYNAMITE 12/4/19: Le Champaign, Illinois
John Pollock and Wai Ting review AEW Dynamite featuring Jon Moxley vs. Joey Janela. We also discuss WWE Raw ratings, Seth Rollins on WWE Backstage and this week’s NWA Powerrr.
https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/12/05/rewind-a-dynamite-12-4-19-le-champaign-illinois/
upNXT 12/4/19: My Eyes Are Up Here
Braden Herrington and Davie Portman are back to chat all about this week’s episode of NXT featuring a six-man tag main event between Undisputed Era and Tommaso Ciampa, Keith Lee and Dominik Dijakovic.
https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/12/05/upnxt-12-4-19-my-eyes-are-up-here/
REWIND-A-WAI #50: WWF Royal Rumble 2000 (Patreon)
John Pollock and Wai Ting review WWF Royal Rumble 2000 headlined by Triple H (c) vs. Cactus Jack in a Street Fight for the WWF Championship in Madison Square Garden. Plus, a tables match between The Dudleys vs. The Hardys, Tazz’s WWE debut, and a Miss Royal Rumble Bikini Contest.
https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/12/03/rewind-a-wai-50-wwf-royal-rumble-2000/
RAR 12/2/19: “Calm, Cool, Collected”, AEW-NXT Ratings

John Pollock and Wai Ting review WWE Raw featuring Seth Rollins’ apology and Lana & Lashley getting arrested. We also discuss last week’s delayed AEW and NXT ratings and the rest of the day’s news.
https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/12/03/rar-12-2-19-calm-cool-collected-nxt-aew-ratings/
THUNDERSTRUCK: Jushin Thunder Liger vs. El Samurai (April 30, 1992)

WH Park and Dylan Fox of The Eastern Lariat podcast have a fun discussion on the finals of the Top of the Super Junior III tournament from April 30, 1992, between Jushin Liger and El Samurai.
https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/12/01/thunderstruck-6-jushin-liger-vs-el-samurai-4-30-92-w-dylan-fox/
BRITISH WRESTLING EXPERIENCE

Martin & Jamesie are joined by JP Houlihan of GRAPPL Spotlight to discuss all the European representation over Survivor Series Weekend including Pete Dunne’s two matches and WALTER. JP gives his live report from the Rev Pro British J Cup.
https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/11/29/bwe-11-29-19-rev-pro-british-j-cup-survivor-series-weekend-mail-bag/
Café Hangout – Nov. 28, 2019

John Pollock and Wai Ting open up the phone lines for an entire hour taking your calls about any current topics in wrestling and MMA. We then review this week’s WWE NXT following up on the brand’s dominance at Survivor Series.
https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/11/28/unlocked-live-link-for-todays-cafe-hangout-3-pm-et/

Browse the POST Wrestling Store
https://store.postwrestling.com

Subscribe to POST Wrestling
https://postwrestling.com/subscribe

POST Wrestling Forum
https://forum.postwrestling.com

Support our Patreon – The POST Wrestling Café
http://www.patreon.com/POSTwrestling

Follow us
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube

1 Like