POST NEWS UPDATE: Multiple Wrestlers Accuse Tessa Blanchard Of Bullying, Making Racial Comments

And that will be a yikes from me

Those defending Tessa on this recent news are quite hilarious. There are some bizarre sides to stand on when someone you like turns out to be a racist bully. It does not look good for her at all, and if you feel you canā€™t separate someoneā€™s real life actions with the wrestling then I think it says more about you as a person than anything else.

4 Likes

Historically, stuff like that hasnā€™t prevented Impact Wrestling management from going along with the scheduled plans. Kurt Angle became TNA World Champion shortly after being arrested while he was having his painkiller/alcohol issues. If anything, I expect Impact management to double down on their support of Tessa and have her win the title on Sunday night.

Still, itā€™s weird to go in a match considering that Sami Callihan is the least controversial individual involved in it.

1 Like

We are in a different age now, in the world of the internet and social media people care far more about that stuff than they did in the 90s. Heck lots of people still hate Hogan. I mean look at Lars Sullivan. We just know more about these things today than we used too and people will be judged by it. On screen characters in wrestling in 2020 are generally much closer to their real persona than they used to be. Public sensibilities have also changed, just look at domestic abuse stuff in the NFL now vs 30 years ago.

There are also differences between being an up and comer with those issues and an established star. Tessa isnā€™t Hogan, Flair, Austin. She isnā€™t even close to them she is a young talented womenā€™s prospect from a minor company, who was already release (not signed?) by WWE apparently due to back stage issues.

You can make an argument that she will still make it as a big star, but this hurts her a lot. Also of note her being a woman in this business I think it hurts her more than it would a man. Given how women typically draw she is not going to be near as bullet proof as a huge male draw might be. She isnā€™t going to make or break a company with her presence.

Heā€™s a yikes machine.

I have to figure out that ignore function

2 Likes

Whilst true, Impact is under different ownership/management.

If Tessa wins, then I assume there will be more articles written about it and there will be a big deal made of it.

Do they want this stuff over shadowing it. Wouldnā€™t surprise me if the match now has a screwy finish like a DQ/Double Countoutā€¦ something along these lines

I think she still wins, this is more likely to hurt the length of her reign and future prospects than tonightā€™s match.

Thatā€™s like saying Kevin Smith is the star of Rise if Skywalker for his cameoā€¦

As for Blanchardā€¦

Put the title on herā€¦if anything itā€™ll get them some eyeballs and attention.

Controversy creates cash afterall.

1 Like

These people may have gotten a pass years ago, but should we not try to do better? Who cares is a pretty weak defence.

6 Likes

To be clear here as it seems lost I was being sarcastic. I think itā€™s disgusting what she did.

I am simply pointing out the usual wrestling fan approach that is it doesnā€™t matter. They just yell ā€œECWā€ and ā€œWhat?ā€ And cheer a man who beats his wife.

My friends who arenā€™t into wrestling are quick to point out that I donā€™t look like a typical wrestling fan. Because there is a preconceived notion about the type of people that like wrestling.

The usual response is not to care and still mark out for Hogan and Austin because thatā€™s what wrestling fans do. So why do you expect better here

Also I was 100
Percent right.

The idiot fans at the impact show cheered her.

They donā€™t care. They are wrestling fans. They just want to drink and chant for tables

Some did and some didnā€™t. If you watch the post match speech there are definitely some people heckling her, that probably wouldnā€™t have previously.

The reaction was a lot less than the last time she and Sami fought

Accusations mean dickā€¦,Iā€™m currently dealing with RCMP cutting off supplies/bussing recruits and not letting anyone from come into the unestoten camp.

Wanna know racism? Step into my world for a second.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a weird postā€¦

While that sounds bad Tessa using the N word and spitting on someone is also racist

1 Like

ā€œThe N wordā€ is a weird term. Apparently itā€™s the way the word sounds or the way its spelt thatā€™s offensive. But thatā€™s a discussion for another dayā€¦

And hopefully a different forum.

2 Likes

All threads that lead to any interesting back and forth comments tend to get locked on here so it would probably have to beā€¦ :eyes:

Thatā€¦Or the historical context behind it depending on the speaker and his/her intent in saying that word in the first place. :100:

6 Likes