POST NEWS UPDATE: NWA contacted Jazz about becoming an agent

Originally published at POST NEWS UPDATE: NWA contacted Jazz about becoming an agent

If any of the quotes from the following podcasts or video interviews are used, please credit those sources and provide an H/T and link back to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.

** During her appearance on The Jobber Tears Podcast, Jazz shared that she was contacted by Patrick Kenney who works in several roles for the National Wrestling Alliance. Jazz was offered an agent position within the organization.

In fact, somebody reached out to me yesterday, Simon Diamond . He emailed me. I’ve had beaucoup matches with him. He reached out and was like, ‘Thank you for your contribution to women’s wrestling. Not just women’s wrestling but wrestling in general’ so it was — I thought that was pretty cool and he also reached out to me and wanted me to come into NWA and be an agent over there, so… I’m receiving my flowers. Slowly but surely I am.

Jazz was ranked number 38 on WWE’s top women superstars list. Jazz admitted that she was surprised to be on the list because of her current relationship with WWE, although she feels she deserved to be on the list.

Shocked. Well, I mean, because WWE really don’t, you know, .

That is what I love about it because no matter how I look at it or how I feel or how anyone feels about it, people like you that acknowledge it. That means more to me than anything, you know what I’m saying? I’m not one to pop my own collar, pat myself on the back, stick my chest out and try to brag about all my accomplishments and ‘I did this and I did that.’ No, it’s when people like you all and all the fans out there remember and recognize the accomplishment that I did and the effect I had on others. That means more to me than anything. But being on that list, yes, I’m bout it, bout it. I for sure felt I deserved to be on the list.

** PFL (Professional Fighters League) ring announcer Lilian Garcia spoke to MyMMANews and she stated that she is not under contract to WWE. Her Chasing Glory podcast episodes will still be going up on the Peacock streaming service and a new season will be coming.

No, I’m not contracted by the WWE. I just — whenever they want me to come in and do a guest role or something like that, guest ring announcing or something like that, I’m definitely there or an autograph signing. But I am with the PFL . However, the PFL is so great that anything the WWE requests of me, they’re like, ‘Absolutely, you go do it.’ I mean I don’t even have to ask for permission because they know that I am really in both worlds and it makes it exciting, it’s always great to go back and do things for the WWE like having Chasing Glory on the WWE Network. That was huge and I can’t wait for a new season of that to hit which is now on Peacock.

** Friday Night SmackDown commentator Pat McAfee joined Busted Open Radio. Coming off of his first show as an official member of the SmackDown broadcast team, McAfee feels that he’ll be allowed to be himself but he’s also up for any criticism that comes his way from his employer.

It’s one of those things with me where I think people have this misperception of me that I don’t do well with coaching or whatever. I actually love coaching. I wanna be great, I wanna be as good as I possibly can, I wanna make the product as good as possible. But just, it depends on who it is and I had to have that thought because I’ve heard the horror stories obviously, and I was like, Vince McMahon, self-made billionaire, a guy that revolutionized the world. If he wants to talk to me and tell me how to be better, I’m okay with listening to that but I do believe he gets and understands me too so I think that’s a big part of this whole thing.

McAfee went on to share that Vince McMahon was not present at the 4/16 SmackDown show. He’s aware that his commentary style could change when McMahon is guiding him.

The commentators are very, very important so, I know it’s a big role, I know it’s a very important role. I’m trying to get as good as possible at that role. I wanna be great at it. Not because they gave me a shot, gave me an opportunity but it’s good for wrestling if I get better at my job and now that I’m kinda done with night one — Vince in the next week or so. But I gotta work on a lot, but I enjoyed it and I’m excited to see whenever V.K.M. shows up, what it’s gonna be like as well.

Elsewhere during the conversation, Pat detailed how the opportunity came to be. He initially thought it would be for NXT or another project but was not expecting to be on the SmackDown commentary team. He added that things unfolded relatively fast.

The original phone call, there was no thought that I was gonna be doing commentating for SmackDown. We kind of all — I know very little compared to a lot of people that have been in the business, but I think anybody who’s ever been in the business does know a couple things that there’s a chance when you get a call, it was like, ‘Hey, you thinking about maybe wanting to do something a little bit bigger?’ Absolutely. You know, I absolutely love what was going on. They’re like, ‘Okay, let’s figure out how we can make the schedule work’ then they brought up, ‘Hey, would mind maybe doing some commentating? Do you care?’ I’m like — and I didn’t know what it was gonna be. I thought maybe NXT, maybe something else and then as the conversations continued, they’re like, ‘How about commentating for SmackDown?’ And I was like, ‘… Yeah. I have no idea why. I have no idea why you would be putting me on FOX every Friday but I would absolutely love to do it.’ Michael Cole, you know, getting a chance to work with him makes my life a whole lot easier so it’s just like dream situation after dream situation that I did not know what was gonna be what it was until very quickly before it all kind of got announced. It kind of all happened relatively quickly.

** Dark Order’s Alex Reynolds guest appeared on the Front Row Material podcast. Reynolds looked back on the run of The Dark Order in AEW and recalled thinking the group was done after the ‘missed punches’ incident on Dynamite in 2019.

So we join the group, here we are. Last Dynamite of 2019, Dark Order’s gonna close the show. Dark Order’s gonna beat up The Young Bucks, beat up SCU, here comes Cody ? Is it gonna be this person or is it gonna be Raven?’ So interest started growing again and then the pandemic happened.

Prior to the pandemic, one of the ideas Alex had was to film a Dark Order skit on Spahn Ranch, which is also known as the Manson Family Ranch. It was formerly the residence of members of Charles Manson’s cult and Reynolds thought it could tie in to the theme of Dark Order.

But for a while it was like, ‘Oh, we’re this cult’ and then Brodie Tarantino movie with Brad Pitt? Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. I had just watched that and I was like, ‘Oh, this is the Manson Ranch. Oh, that would be so cool’ because when we joined the group, I started getting deep into cults. I was like, ‘Alright, what can we do?’ Trying to take little things. I wanted to do infomercials and things. Yeah, the Manson Family Ranch is the one thing that I wish we were able to do.

Reynolds shared that he got word about The Young Bucks and Cody Rhodes launching a company in late 2018. He and John Silver reached out to Matt and Nick Jackson prior to the announcement of AEW and pitched their names to be a part of what was to come.

I remember it was like December of 2018… it was like 2018, somebody kinda just threw out something, ‘Oh, I think The Bucks and Cody are starting this new company’ and I didn’t really hear much about it but me and John reached out to The Young Bucks and we’re like, ‘Hey, we’re not sure if these rumors are true but we would just love to work with you guys again,’ you know? And they just messaged us back like, ‘Yeah, cool man. Nothing’s set in stone but we’ll definitely keep in touch,’ and then like I think a month later after their first press conference, we messaged them again and just every couple months, started reaching out to them until they asked us to come to Philadelphia.

** IMPACT Executive Vice President Scott D’Amore appeared on the Wrestling Perspective Podcast. He discussed the variety of content that IMPACT is providing on digital platforms and on AXS. He added that there is a possibility of giving the women’s division their own platform.

As we come out of this pandemic environment and get back out there, certainly that’s a possibility . It’s a possibility that the TNA brand could return. I think it’s one of the things that many and certainly not the top of the list but one of the things that maybe the pandemic has robbed us of is that opportunity to see a return of TNA. Maybe it’ll — we have so many unbelievable Knockouts. Maybe we’ll end up continuing to grow the Knockouts division and give them their own separate platform.

On the topic of IMPACT’s women’s division, D’Amore recalled the first time he saw Kiera Hogan and it was by way of a wrestler sending a match of theirs over to D’Amore but it was Kiera who caught Scott’s eye.

Chris Bey is going to be a star in wrestling, Ace Austin is going to be a star. I think they are already but they’re just at the very beginning of their stardom and talent like that is gonna just continue to grow and learn. Keira Hogan, I won’t say the name but it was — actually it’s funny. There was a different talent who sent me a match of theirs that they were looking for an opportunity and their opponent in that match was Kiera Hogan and I was watching that and I was like, ‘Damn, the opponent is really the one. Kiera is the one, there’s something there’ and she was so young and so inexperienced but you’ve seen her blossom with time and just so many of them.

** While speaking to Miami Herald’s Jim Varsallone, Trey Miguel stated that Rich Swann and Kenny Omega’s match at Rebellion is the biggest match in pro wrestling history in his mind.

So with all of this going on and in my mind alone, I can only imagine that it’s times 20 in Rich . The pressure’s really on. It’s the biggest — I think it’s the biggest match in pro wrestling history right now. In the past year, during COVID, so much has changed but I mean if anything’s going to change the landscape of wrestling, this is it right here. This is gonna shake things up tremendously, no matter which way it goes so I’m more excited for that match than I am to be the last man standing over Sami Callihan like I’m going to be.

** Coming out of The Undertaker’s appearance on Joe Rogan’s podcast, a quote made the rounds as The Undertaker referred to the current WWE product as “soft”. He spoke to Sports Illustrated and clarified those comments:

I wasn’t bashing our talent. Our talent is extraordinary. What they’re physically able to do, I couldn’t imagine doing that back in the day. I have a lot of respect for our roster, but I came from a different time period. My point was it was tough back then. I remember when Triple H first came in, and he was shocked that I had black electrical tape on my boots. It was just a different time. We didn’t even have trainers on the road. If you had torn gear, you either wore it torn or you tried to fix it yourself. I’m so proud to be part of the evolution of our business. The industry has come so far. It’s a sign of the success and how far we’ve come.

He also gave his thoughts on WrestleMania 37. He admitted that while watching the show, he began to get the feeling that he should be there.

I was fine all the way until that first ballyhoo of fireworks. Fortunately, I was home, which made it a little easier, but going through the show and watching, I kept thinking to myself, ‘You should be there.’

** Josh Alexander was interviewed by Steel Chair Magazine. He told the site that he would be happy to finish his in-ring career out in IMPACT Wrestling.

I would. I look at it as a home. I’m a competitive person. In high school, I was very like a team player. I look at this locker room like we’re all on the same team, it’s a family. Impact’s been very beyond good to me in this whole three years. I came in and within 3 months, I was Tag Team Champion, then I had the longest reign. They gave me the only thing I ever requested when I got signed, I just wanted an opportunity and then, if I make the best of it, that’s on me and they just keep lobbing me up some opportunities, so I would be happy to stay here for my entire career.

Elsewhere during the conversation, Alexander shared how he got his ‘Walking Weapon’ nickname and it came from Ethan Page. Here’s how the moniker came about:

I asked Ethan Page on a road trip in 2012 or something like that. I said, ‘Hey man, I need a moniker or something. You’re All Ego, you have this character, like what am I?’ He’s like, ‘You don’t need a character, you are your character, you come to the ring, you kick-ass, people like you for that. I have to do all this other stuff to be liked because I can’t do what you do,’ and I was like okay. He’s like, ‘But that’s your character, you’re highly trained, you’re the most physical wrestler, you never get blown up, you’re super strong, all this other stuff, you can do everything.’ Well, he’s like, ‘You’re the Jason Bourne of wrestling, you’re a Walking Weapon.’ And I was like, there it is.

** In November of 2020, Allysin Kay announced that she was a free agent and no longer under contract with the National Wrestling Alliance. She recently chatted with Lucha Libre Online and spoke about her experience with the NWA. Kay had positive comments to put forth and was just disappointed that the pandemic disassembled that 2020 NWA roster.

I really enjoyed working with NWA. We were having so much fun with everything that we were doing and it’s unfortunate that it kind of crumbled under the pressure of COVID, you know? I know they’re back and doing things now but, we had such an amazing thing going in January of 2020 I guess? Yeah, it was January 2020 and that last set of tapings was just so amazing and I had a great time working there because I felt like I really fit in with that style. A little more classic. I’m not a flashy person so I’m like, ‘Okay, this is right up my alley.’ I love focusing on promos and character and things like that and they were very heavy on the promos, really pushing the fact that they have a lot of good talkers on the show and so I really enjoyed that aspect of it and we were having a blast and I’m so sad that — I mean of course I’m so sad that COVID happened for a number of reasons but one of the things that it destroyed was the roster that we had.

** During his appearance on the Sports Illustrated Media Podcast, Monday Night Raw commentator Adnan Virk discussed his immediate move to one of WWE’s flagship shows and not going through practice of sorts by commentating a smaller portion of WWE programming compared to Raw.

No you’re right. I mean that’s why they say ‘ignorance is bliss’. I mean, for obviously learning fans, they said, ‘Listen, Raw after Mania is a huge deal and you’re making your debut there.’ I said, ‘Absolutely’ but I’m of the opinion that it is baptism by fire. To your point, I called a few matches off a monitor, but you’re really only gonna do it once you’re in the chair. I can only watch other people doing it so much so my thing is how I could diet and I’ve still been trying to lose the same 20 pounds for 20 years but it’s not where you start, it’s where you finish so you’re gonna have to — to your point, suppose I had done a month of matches. That first night, it’s still gonna be bumpy, you’re still gonna make mistakes. You’re only gonna get better by doing it so I can certainly understand if they had said, ‘Hey listen, why don’t you do something else first?’ But at the same time, I respected the fact that they clearly had confidence in me to say, ‘Listen, you know what? Go out and get this done’ and I should mention, I’m burying the lede here, the fact that I’m working with Corey Graves and Bryon Saxton. When I knew I had those guys, I said, ‘Okay, they’re really putting me into a position to succeed.’

** Bleacher Report’s Graham Matthews conducted an interview with John Cena and during their conversation, Cena talked about his relationship with Vince McMahon. He views Vince as a father-figure and threw some praise Vince’s way for not demanding him to return to WWE and understanding that there are other opportunities out there for Cena.

Vince McMahon to me is more than anyone could realize. He’s a close friend, a mentor, a father figure. He means a tremendous amount to me. I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to conceptualize how much I love him and how much he means to me.

It’s also appreciative that someone like that understands what I’m doing and approaches my choices with empathy rather than apathy. The guy who runs the joint isn’t saying, ‘Screw it, get down here! It’s on a weekend, I know you’re not working!’ He approaches those choices with empathy, saying, ‘This is a great opportunity for you, John. You’re always a part of this family, and if you do well, we all do well.’ I reciprocate in saying that I want the WWE to thrive.

That’s why I’ve invested so much of my blood, sweat and tears. I don’t want to see it fall off. I want to see it be everywhere. I want to see it be larger. I want to see it have more success. I want people to look back and not say, ‘Oh, man, it was great when…’ I want people to say, ‘He kind of opened the door for what’s going on now.’

** Chase Owens brought Bad Luck Fale onto his Twitch channel for a Q&A session. Fale believes the best Bullet Club front man is AJ Styles and recalled the words that Styles gave to the group that won everyone over.

Everybody wants to put a leader. To be honest, AJ Anderson was a good leader guy.

AJ, he said something that changed the game for all of us, because he came in, he had every right to and take all the credit for everything but he came in and when he won the belt that night, it was still like, ‘Who’s this guy coming and taking all the glory from all the hard work we’ve done?’ But he pulled us together at the end of the show and he said to us, ‘Man, this is not about me, this is about us’ and when he said ‘us’, everything changed because it wasn’t just me, everybody else knew, ‘Oh, here’s a guy who’s gonna help us. Not just gonna help himself.’ So, because he did that, we felt more — I know I did, I felt more, how do you say it? I felt more… what’s the word? More motivated to support him as our front guy.

Fale was asked for his thoughts on what AEW is currently doing with Kenny Omega, The Young Bucks and The Good Brothers (Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson). Fale doesn’t view it as ripping off Bullet Club and said if what they’re doing works, good for them.

Are they ripping it off? I don’t think they’re ripping it off. They’re doing the same things we did but they’re not ripping it off so, I don’t really care what they do there but if it works, it works. So, good for them.

** That Hashtag Show caught up with Scott Hall at WrestleCon. Hall was asked what current women’s wrestlers he would add to the n.W.o. and he selected Rhea Ripley and Sasha Banks.

Tell you what, I like that Rhea Ripley. She’s a big bad ass, and I got no problem with Sasha either, she’s great and she ain’t afraid to speak up. I don’t know her very well, but I heard she had some things like, ‘Well screw it, I quit’ and they went, ‘No you don’t. You don’t quit, you’re under contract. You can go sit at home for a while. We’re bringing you back’ and they push her. If you look around, anytime they’re advertising stuff, they always use her, you know? She’s great.

** Apollo Crews spoke with Daily DDT for an exclusive interview. The current WWE Intercontinental Champion gave his thoughts on the public’s reaction to his new on-screen character. Apollo stated that for years, people said he had no character and now that he has one, there’s negative reactions to it.

It’s funny because before, everybody was saying that Apollo doesn’t have character. Apollo needs a character. When I get a character now, they want to hate my character. The way that I look at it, whether it’s good or bad, as long they’re talking about me, it’s good. It does not matter. As long as they’re not neutral and you make a decision whether you like me or you hate me, in a way, I’m okay. Either way, you’re still talking about me.

Crews won the title from Big E at WrestleMania 37. Their match clocked in at just under seven minutes but Crews feels that they made the most of their time.

I feel like we made the best for our time. I watched the match twice already and I never felt at one point we were rushed or that we were in a hurry to get to anything. I felt like we took our time and we made the best of every situation. My body was hurting the next day. As a warrior, I went right back to the gym the next day and I go back to work. For me, there’s no stopping.

** Sarath Ton, gear maker for WWE and husband to Sasha Banks was a guest on Renee Paquette’s Oral Sessions podcast. He opened up about what it is like dealing with Banks’ fan base and the mentality Sasha has when it comes to her in-ring performances.

Scary at times. It’s scary because a lot of those things, you have to understand they come with the territory. The amount of people that hit me up online just talking trash, ‘You don’t deserve her, you’re ugly.’ Just dust off my shoulder. I honestly could care less. If I see something creative and like a really creative insult, I’ll clap at that. I had someone tell me my head was too big or my head was too large for my body. I just started laughing. I was like that’s actually a really creative insult. When it comes to Mercedes in-ring, it can be scary at times because that girl’s just so passionate about what she does. She takes it so seriously and she wants to be the best match of the night every single night and I can respect that because I was a wrestler too. It’s scary watching it but I understand that mentality and sometimes you can’t handcuff someone. You have to let her do her and be her, otherwise, she’s not gonna be happy with what she’s doing. She’s not happy with it, that is when things can get scary and that’s where injuries can happen so sometimes you just gotta put faith in that person and trust them.

** WWE referee Jessika Carr recorded a new episode of ‘The BrinkLife Podcast’. Before diving into her topic for the show, she reflected on WrestleMania 37 and said despite the weather obstacles, there was never a thought from anyone that WrestleMania was not going to happen.

Very, very special weekend for me. Needless to say, the rain was a crazy thing that I can’t believe we haven’t dealt with this prior as far as WrestleManias, you know — no one in that building even thought twice about WrestleMania not happening. It wasn’t a, ‘This isn’t gonna happen.’ It was always, ‘Everything is gonna work out, it’s gonna be fine. This is craziness’ but that’s what I believe the wrestling business really thrives on is that we’re hanging on by the seat of our pants and we’re making things work no matter what’s thrown our way. There’s no stopping us of delivering and me and Jason Ayers, one of my referee buddies, we were talking about that. No matter what, no matter the difficulty, no matter the confrontation, no matter anything that’s thrown our way, curveballs, pandemic, rain, WWE makes it happen, we deliver and we deliver amazing.

** The Wrestling Perspective Podcast welcomed Trey Miguel onto the show. He recalled an idea he pitched upon his return to IMPACT in early 2021 and it had to do with Trey having two small bodyguards on-screen. That idea stemmed from Trey being robbed by two 11-year-olds during his childhood.

I had an idea when I came back to IMPACT to like kind of do a stable that I led with like — I wanted two young punks to run for me. I wanted to come back as a bad guy and do something like that because it would’ve been different and the reason I had that idea, when I shot it to D’Lo , he was like, ‘Don’t you want like two big bodyguards?’ I said, ‘No D’Lo.’ I said, ‘The only time I’ve ever been robbed, I had two dudes my age and they –’ yeah, it was two guys my age and they made two 11-year-olds run my pockets, and that was the most insulting sh*t. It made me so mad because instinctually, I just wanna punch this little 11-year-old but I was 16 and I couldn’t do that because if I did that, I would’ve gotten jumped by the dudes who were my age so it was like wow man. Like I felt powerless, and I was like I think that’s sh*ttier to do than to have two big bodyguards. It’s like have two little punk kids that are easy to manipulate. So, that was an idea that I had but I honestly, I don’t have a desire or anything like a hard desire. I’m fine with being a singles guy. It’s primarily what I’ve done on the independents anyway so, it’s nothing new.

Alex Shelley last wrestled in December but Trey shared that he has been training with Shelley consistently since November of 2020.

A huge part of it, in-ring, I’ve tried switching my style up a little bit and trying to introduce something new in that aspect too and I owe a lot of that to Alex Shelley who has been taking a lot of the time out to train with me on Fridays since I think like November of last year. It’s been a pretty regular thing and that’s been a really big deal to me also.

** Part two of Jason Clevett’s extensive chat with former WWE talent Viktor who was a part of The Ascension is up on SLAM! Wrestling. Viktor recalled working with Cody Rhodes while Rhodes was donning the “Stardust” character. He said there were quite a few times when Cody and management got into arguments.

The Cosmic Wasteland was a lot of fun. Cody just never stops. That’s what I give him the most credit for, that guy does not stop working. We were as always having to fight for every little thing. We were really loving stuff and happy working together. I can’t remember what exactly happened to stop it. It might’ve just been Cody finally tell them to go F off. There was a couple of times he got into it with management while we were in that process and then he left shortly afterwards.

Viktor does feel there was money left on the table with he and Konnor and they could’ve done far more in WWE.

It’s unfortunate that it played out the way it did, because obviously they left a lot of money on the table with us — but I could say the same with a hundred other talents. I could say the same with people that are there now. I think they know this, but I don’t have an answer why and at this point in time, I just don’t care. It is what it is and it’s the past and I’m still going and I’m still moving forward.

** Scrump & Stank welcomed Eric Bischoff onto the PWTCAST.

** Jazz’s in-ring run in IMPACT Wrestling came to an end at the Hardcore Justice event when she lost a Knockouts Title match to Deonna Purrazzo. While speaking with WrestleZone, Purrazzo heaped praise onto Jazz and explained how competing with Jazz helped her grow as a performer.

I watched women like Jazz growing up and seeing that they were pushing for women’s wrestling to be more, that is why my dream was to help further that and to push the envelope for women’s wrestling, to allow it to become what it is today and that’s for it to be respected. So, to be in the ring with her, to be able to share the ring with someone like ODB, like that’s a little girl’s dream come true. So, it was super special for me on a personal level, but then as a character, I think that I’m getting away from being ‘The Virtuosa’ and I’m finding new layers to who the greatest women’s wrestler is and that’s someone that can defeat anyone from any generation, any era, and so I think defeating Jazz and defeating ODB has kind of let me tap into that a little bit more.

** Inside The Ropes has an interview with Ace Austin. Samoa Joe was the topic of conversation at one point during the chat and Ace expressed that he knows Joe has been plagued with injuries, but he should have been one of the biggest stars in wrestling years ago.

I know he’s had concussion issues but that guy has had a curse on him for almost 20 years because he should have been, 15 years ago he should have been one of the biggest stars in the business.

** Wrestling Inc. ran an article from their chat with Charlie Haas. He discussed the work ethic that he and Shelton Benjamin established during their time together in WWE and it not paying off. He added that possibly his style was not what WWE was looking for at the time.

Shelton and I would get to the ring first before the shows. We’d be in there all day working out with Arn , and we would stay late. You would put in the hard work. Man, that doesn’t pay off. The tag team did. When they split us after that, it really didn’t.

When you have a work ethic that you developed in amateur wrestling and were successful there and you apply it to that, these agents see it like Arn, Dean . Vince and Triple H, how come they don’t see it? I’ve been in the ring with Triple H. I just think my style at the time just wasn’t what they wanted. There’s no hard feelings.

** Hiroshi Tanahashi was interviewed by Sports Illustrated and he told the publication that he believes Shingo Takagi can be IWGP World Heavyweight Champion one day.

Takagi has many strong points, but what I will say impresses me particularly is the energy he puts into every single one of his matches. Whether it’s against a young guy, a veteran or whoever, he gives his opponent everything he has. I think he could absolutely be IWGP world heavyweight champion at some point.

** 11-time ROH World Tag Team Champions The Briscoe Brothers were guests on the Battleground Podcast.

** Darren Paltrowitz chatted with Doc Gallows. Gallows shared that Rocky Romero wrote The Good Brothers’ ‘Devil In Your Six’ theme song.

But actually, The Devil Ain’t In The Distance , I don’t know if he’s gonna be mad that I told you this or not, but was written by the one and only, Rocky Romero. He’s talented. We just try not to tell anybody.

** Kyle O’Reilly joined Sean “X-Pac” Waltman’s ‘Pro Wrestling 4 Life’ podcast.

** That Hashtag Show posted their chat with Josh Barnett.

** Big E, Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods recorded an in-person edition of their ‘Feel The Power’ podcast prior to WrestleMania 37.

** NJPW Road to Wrestling Dontaku Results (4/22/21) Osaka, Japan
– Gabriel Kidd def. Yota Tsuji
– El Desperado, Minoru Suzuki & Yoshinobu Kanemaru def. Roppongi 3K (SHO & YOH) & Ryusuke Taguchi
– DOUKI, Taichi & Zack Sabre Jr. def. Jado, Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa
– Hiroshi Tanahashi, Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Master Wato, Tiger Mask & Toru Yano def. Dick Togo, EVIL, Gedo, Taiji Ishimori & Yujiro Takahashi
– The United Empire (Aaron Henare, Great-O-Khan, Jeff Cobb & Will Ospreay) def. Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI, SANADA, Shingo Takagi & Tetsuya Naito)

** MLW CEO Court Bauer did an interview with Wrestling Inc.

** Joey G. of Wrestling Headlines spoke with IMPACT Knockouts Tag Team Champion Tasha Steelz.

** Scott Mitchell of Daily DDT chatted with Ring of Honor’s Josh Woods.

** The newest Battle of the Brands episode from the UpUpDownDown YouTube channel:

** A profile of Raquel Gonzalez from KRIS 6 News.

** NJPW1972.com has an interview with Aaron Henare.

** Natalya’s latest article for the Calgary Sun was a recap of her thoughts about WrestleMania 37.

** AEW’s Chuck Taylor turned 35-years old on 4/22.

** UFC Welterweight Champion Kamaru Usman spoke with Miami Herald’s Jim Varsallone.

** Ring of Honor ambassador Cary Silkin appeared on the ‘Counted Out 7’ podcast.

If any of the quotes from the following podcasts or video interviews are used, please credit those sources and provide an H/T and link back to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.