POST NEWS UPDATE: Road Warrior Animal explains his issues with Dark Side of the Ring episode

Originally published at POST NEWS UPDATE: Road Warrior Animal explains his issues with Dark Side of the Ring episode - POST Wrestling | WWE AEW NXT NJPW Podcasts, News, Reviews

** I would like to send my condolences to the family of Larry Csonka of 411 Mania. I wish I had the chance to know him more on a personal level outside of the few times we spoke which were always cool interactions, but it’s great to see everyone speak so highly of him. Before I got into wrestling writing, I would always go to Larry for show reviews/recaps and I love his style of writing. I remember the first time I gave show recaps a shot, I thought I’d be horrible at it so I went to one of Larry’s articles and looked at how he summarized the fast-paced portions of matches and included notes in the article that enhanced the overall context for readers. I followed that format and it didn’t let me down. He was tremendous at what he did and knowing what he went through and bounced back from, he’s as solid and thorough as they come. Thank you for the conversations Larry and much love to your family and friends. Here’s a link to the GoFundMe that was set up to support Larry’s children.

Regarding Shad Gaspard, I’m holding out hope. It says a lot about anyone that’s in a situation where it could potentially be life or death and their first thought is to look out for others in those fight or flight moments and it shows how much his son means to him. I truly hope he’ll just pop up, but until that happens or any other official ruling comes out, well wishes to his family and friends that they are able to stay strong mentally during this time. Soldiers pull through and Shad is a solider.

If any of the quotes from the following podcasts or video interviews are used, please credit those sources and provide an H/T and link back to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.

** Following last week’s ‘Road Warriors’ edition of Dark Side of the Ring on VICE, Road Warrior Animal took to his ‘What A Rush’ podcast to recap the episode. While there were a few parts about it that Animal did like, he felt that there was so much left to speak about and there could’ve been another episode. He said that by the reaction he got from social media and personal messages, people should get another episode and out of the entire season, The Road Warriors and Owen Hart should’ve been the ones to get two hours.

“The people wanna see an episode two. Listen, someone hit the nail on the head the other day. We’re considered the Hulk Hogan of tag teams. Why do you give anybody that’s on the show 50 minutes or an hour and you don’t give us two hours? I mean, if you’re gonna give it to a guy that, excuse me, murders his family and you’re probably gonna give Owen Hart a good two hours maybe. If not, Owen maybe just got an hour too. But, the two people who should get two hours should’ve been Owen Hart and myself. I’m not saying that because I wanna see myself on TV. I don’t need to, but I’m saying for the fan. For the fan — and this is what the people at VICE have gotta learn: For the fan who pays for the action figure, the t-shirt, for all the collectible stuff, they deserve to get the most out of the show, and it’s only gonna help VICE’s ratings anyway.”

Animal added that it’s hard to fit in 22 years of what he feels is the greatest tag team of all time into one hour. Regardless, he still feels that another episode should be released.

“We left a lot of things un-turned, and I understand you got about a 50 minute show to get everything in. Hard to get 22 years of the best tag team of all-time in 50 minutes, and I think what had happened is, not only did you short the show, you ripped off the fans because the fans were waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and then it was like, ‘Ah! Where’s the rest of it?’ But I think if they’re smart, if VICE is smart, they should do an encore presentation and I’m willing to do that with them if they wanna do it. Hey, Road Warriors part two and you could continue it on. We left the door open to do a part two if they want.”

Animal shared that he, Paul Ellering, Scott Norton, Ed Sharkey and Barry Darsow got together in Minnesota for the Dark Side of the Ring taping and their round-table was filmed but did not air. Animal said they spent over an hour talking about Hawk. Also, Animal brought up how the version of The Road Warriors with himself and Heidenreich was not mentioned. Animal revealed that at one point, Christy Hemme was supposed to manage the team but Vince McMahon pulled her away before she was about to make her entrance with the duo.

“They could’ve shown another section of it too when they were gonna put Christy Hemme with us yanked her off right out of the match right as we were walking through the curtain. He goes, ‘You don’t need a girl’ and grabbed her and took her away from us.”

** CZW released a statement concerning the titles of their pay-per-views. One of the titles is called “CZW Girlz: Top Heavy & Tough”. The pay-per-view title was not well received as IMPACT World Tag Team Champion Ethan Page shared his displeasure of the title last week. CZW released a statement and noted that two years ago, they entered a licensing agreement with a national media distributor to license CZW and WSU footage. The statement also read that the distributor has every right to utilize the footage without limitation, repackage shows and rename them as well.

That statement was met with a response from Kimber Lee who tweeted the following:

“And I’m certain I NEVER signed an agreement giving you the right to sell my intellectual property…. nor did ANY of the women you’re blatantly disrespecting. Or how you told us all you wouldn’t book us if you wouldn’t f**k us. It’s about time the harassment gets exposed.”

The current IMPACT Knockouts Champion Jordynne Grace chimed in and added that there are athletes included in said videos who are communicating with lawyers about the situation.

“Just so everyone is aware, there are many women already speaking to lawyers about this, as releases were not signed to authorize licensing footage for profit and distribution.”

LuFisto added in the following:

“Washing your hands from everything! Not your fault! Of course! As long as you got your money from Stonecutter Media, nothing else matters. You don’t give a shit about ANYONE who ever performed for you. Proof, right here!!”

** Cody Rhodes joined Brad Gilmore and Jenn Sterger on the The Schmoedown Twitch channel to chat about Star Wars. In the midst of that conversation, Cody talked about the TNT Championship finals between himself and Lance Archer that’s taking place at Double Or Nothing this weekend. Cody said that no one has actually seen the TNT Title belt except for Tony Khan.

“I don’t think we’ll get a glimpse this Wednesday. You never know. I know there’s kind of two trains of thought. Some people would really like to see this thing and get it out there. No one has seen it other than Tony Khan. I’ve been told it’s just incredible and it’s his vision and its been executed as such. But, I wouldn’t be surprised. Just like our generation, we like to press send on pretty much everything. We don’t think anymore, we just press send and press send. I could see us hot-shotting and perhaps it being Wednesday on Dynamite but if not, the first time you see it will be when ‘Iron’ Mike Tyson presents it at the pay-per-view.”

** Ahead of the Owen Hart-based episode of Dark Side of the Ring on VICE, The Wrap spoke with Martha Hart. During their conversation, Martha spoke about the fallout between herself and Bret Hart.

“Unfortunately, I have no relationship with Bret. Bret was supportive throughout the lawsuit, but there were a few things that were a problem with Bret. First of all, when we were going through the lawsuit, he really was hoping that I would be able to help him get his wrestling footage. Because at the time, he had no relationship with WWE and he was hoping somehow — if we ever had a settlement — that we could work it in.”

Bret Hart reacted to Martha’s comments to The Wrap and issued the following statement to the site:

“While I am not interested in engaging in any more media mudslinging between Martha and myself especially in light of a global pandemic, I will say that our fallout is multifaceted. To say that it only involved being able to access and use my WWE footage and photos for future projects would merely be an oversimplification and inaccurate. I will not comment any further on the matter.”

There is also official Owen Hart merchandise up on Pro Wrestling Tees.

** Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated has an interview with Martha Hart. In this interview, Martha spoke about WWE’s negligence when it came to the harness they used on the night of Owen’s death. WWE attorney Jerry McDevitt responded to the article:

“The manufacturer of the quick release device, if there is anybody directly responsible for Owen’s death, it would have been the manufacturer for that device.”

** Below is the premiere of NWA’s ‘Carnyland’ series:

** Rob Van Dam joined The Angle Podcast and Van Dam opened up about his earnings now compared to when he was at the peak of his WWE career. RVD stated that he’s making 30 times what he made when he was ECW and WWE Champion.

“Between me and you, I’m making way more money than I was back then, and I always have. People think that — they would consider me maybe at my peak, back when I was in WWE. But, I’ll break it down to you like this, without getting too specific. When I was on top, ECW Championship, WWE Championship and I was doing the ECW shows working against Big Show every night, the lowest amount they paid me during that time, I make 30 times that in a match now. Isn’t that hard to believe? But even before I went to WWE, I was making 10 times what they gave me on that first match. I went to JR, I said, ‘I don’t work for this.’ I said, ‘I’m gonna go broke. My lifestyle doesn’t permit it. I was doing better not being here’ and he was like, ‘Well, be patient. It takes a while.’ I said, ‘Okay, if it’s gonna be like that, I gotta hit you up for a loan.’ I swear to God, this was in my meeting with JR. I was like, ‘I need a loan from the company to float me until I’m making more money then because I have bills. My lifestyle doesn’t belong to someone that you pay like this’ and anyway, JR was like, ‘Well, you gotta be the guy they’re pushing on the radio. You gotta be the guy that’s on the posters, the guy that’s selling the tickets. Not necessarily where you are on the card, but the importance of your match but how many people it drew there’ so now let’s fast-forward six years or whatever many years I was there, the amount that I’m talking about when I’m wrestling Big Show was the exact same as that first match when I wrestled Johnny The Bull in Atlanta and I couldn’t believe they paid me that well, but they can do that because if you think about it, if someone’s gonna give you $1,000 a day, whatever that sounds like to you on the scale, I’m sure it’s not the same scale, but whatever it is, but if you say, ‘Okay, but I’m gonna work 240 days a year,’ now that’s $240,000. That’s how they’re able to do that, and then you got merchandise and used to be pay-per-view bonuses.”

** Express Sport conducted an interview with Alexa Bliss. Bliss spoke about Becky Lynch’s announcement that she and Seth Rollins are expecting a child. Bliss said she had no idea what Becky’s announcement was and found out when Lynch announced it during the RAW taping and added that Lynch had a camera crew following her as well.

“No actually, we all found out at the same time when she announced it. Nobody knew, everyone kept it very secret which they should because that is her news to announce, which is awesome and we’re all so happy and excited for. I did reference it on Moment of Bliss and it wasn’t even on my script. So we had to add it in after because it was kept so secret, which it should be because that’s their exciting news to announce. Everyone was so excited, all the girls were smiling. It was great because she’s had such an amazing year. I said congrats and told her that we’re all so happy for her but she had a camera crew with her so I didn’t want to bug her with everything because everyone was going to come up and say something, so I said congrats and everything.”

** Darren Paltrowitz posted his interview with Brodie Lee on Sportskeeda.com.

** WWE applied to trademark “In Your House” and “Sister Abigail”.

** WWE uploaded the following mini-documentary about Drake Maverick to their official YouTube channel:

** CBS Sports’ MLB writer Danny Vietti posted a video onto his Twitter page of California Governor Gavin Newsom announcing that professional sports in the state of California can resume in the first week of June or so without fans.

** Ring of Honor’s Maria Manic was the latest guest on the ROHStrong podcast. Maria opened up about her relationship with Teddy Hart. Over the past several months specifically, Teddy Hart has been in a number of incidents that has resulted in him being arrested multiple times. He and Maria’s relationship was also brought to the forefront as well. Maria spoke about their relationship and where the two are now:

“That was my first relationship that was very, very public, which was something I was not used to. Like I said, you have to have a thick skin with that where you don’t let… that was a lot to me. I had never experienced something like that where I’m getting a lot of comments, negative and positive with people just throwing their opinions at me about my relationship, which they don’t really — I think the more people watch something — we were putting out videos every day. Those people were watching a lot of our lives so they were starting to think that they know everything and they know what’s right and they think is a lot is not that much so even if they’re seeing a video everyday, that’s only a small portion of our lives. There’s so much more that goes on, so what you see in the media is not always the truth, and like you said now, there’s some legal issues too so it’s hard to even discuss certain things but I would say we’re in a much better place now than we’ve ever been, and I don’t know if it’s because it’s private, and because no one really knows what’s going on, or because there’s — to me, the worst thing he can do… if you want to ruin a relationship with two people, whatever they are. Whether they’re friends or boyfriend/girlfriend, husband/wife, whatever they are, the best way you can ruin that relationship is to stick them together and not let them leave, and so us being trapped in a house together is not good for either of us. Feeling like we can’t get away from each other, that’s not good. So now, he has an Airbnb he’s staying at, I have my place and we can see each other when we want to, but it’s not that forced feeling of we’re trapped together. I don’t think that’s good for any two people.”

** Aleister Black and Zelina Vega have a new video up on their YouTube channel.

** Nikki and Brie Bella were guests on the Sunday Night’s Main Event podcast. While speaking to Nikki, she shared that WWE and John Cena had editorial rights to alter anything in her book and Nikki said that there were a few stories that WWE removed from the book.

“I mean, of course. Definitely writing it, did that stuff cross my mind? It did and there was never anything bad I wanted to say about John. John and I had a beautiful relationship. Did we have troubles? Yes. Will anyone ever know about them? No, and this is something at least my therapist and I know about and I get through and I have gotten through, but overall, we did have such a beautiful relationship. I mean WWE also had editing rights and took out a few stories as well, and I respect that. I understand I’m not a private person and some people like to be private, but even with the stuff that was edited with John, there was nothing crazy bad. I just wish I was able to talk more about why I ended up where I ended up. I still feel like people will always wonder that, and I think it’s because we put our relationship out there on reality TV for five to six years and so, I wanted to tell that story.”

Brie Bella spoke about Daniel Bryan continuing to work the WWE television tapings during the COVID-19 pandemic. Brie stated that she and Bryan did have conversations about him staying home and not working the tapings but their doctor gave them hope that they could make it work.

“We did. We discussed it and especially because I’m pregnant, just the risk there. So we definitely talked about it but we were like, ‘Okay, if you don’t stay home and you go, how can we make this work?’ And that’s when we talked to our doctor, because if our doctor was like, ‘No, no way. We can’t do this. It’s impossible,’ then we were going, ‘Bryan was gonna stay home,’ but our doctor gave us a lot of hope and was like, ‘It might be a little pricey but we can work on this. We can make it work,’ and so that’s when we were like, ‘Let’s do it then. It’s gonna take a lot of effort but it’s worth it.’”

** According to PWInsider, former WCW talent Mark “Van Hammer” Hildreth has pleaded guilty to one count of Driving Under the Influence, Property Damage and Injury via a plea deal with Florida’s Palm Beach County Court. Hildreth has been sentenced to one year of probation and his driver’s license is suspended for a year along with a interlock device being placed on his vehicle for one year. On January 26th, Hildreth struck a five-year old child with his vehicle. The young child suffered internal injuries and road rash.

** Below is a video of Ronda Rousey playing Mortal Kombat 11:

** Former WWE Divas Champion Paige was a part of Complex’s ‘Fridge Tours’ series in-which guests share what’s in their respective fridges.

** Jake Something, who wrestles in IMPACT Wrestling as “Cousin Jake” did an interview along with Rohit Raju with Michigan outlet ‘Flint Beat’ and they spoke about the safety precautions that IMPACT has taken during their recent set of tapings.

“You couldn’t even enter the building unless the doctor cleared you,” says Jake Something. “Everyone had to be far apart from each other. Everything still ran very smoothly.”

** All Elite Wrestling theme producer Mikey Rukus did an A.M.A. on Reddit recently and one of the stories that he told was about how quickly and short of a window he had to create The Inner Circle’s theme song.

“Its a toss up between Jeff Cobb and the Inner Circle Theme. Might be the Inner Circle Theme. QT texts “Did you ever make a song for the Inner Circle”…I replied “You guys told me to wait lol, when do you need it by” he said “Tonight haha”, mind you it was 430PM. I said holy shit. Then I get a text that said “Chris wants you to tell HIM what you think the Inner Circle Theme should sound like” so I said “Well the leader is a rocker, so its rock music, but with all of them coming out, the music needs to be a slower tempo, as they all walk out slowly selling their arrogance” QT texts back and said “OK Chris said make it happen” SO I sped my ass home and by 630pm I sent it over. Then QT calls and says “Chris says he wants something at the top like “Innnnner Cirrrrcle” and we are good, he said its strong, its edgy, its obnoxious, its perfect”….then I fainted :D”

** Titus O’Neil spoke with ‘First Coast News’ about the Sheriffs Youth Camp that is coming to Northeast Florida.

** Below is the latest AEW ‘Road to Double Or Nothing’ video:

** Super7 announced that the second wave of New Japan Pro-Wrestling action figures are available to pre-order.

** Brandi Rhodes announced ‘AEW Heels’ which is a community for women who love wrestling and more details about the project will be provided on May 22nd.

** Comicbook.com posted their chat with Alexa Bliss.

** Former WWE Champion Kofi Kingston guest appeared on the Swerve City Podcast with Teasy, Big Swole and Isaiah “Swerve” Scott. Kofi shared his thoughts about the 205 Live brand and feels that the brand is the “best kept secret”.

“So 205 Live to me, is like the best kept secret. Y’all are so talented and every match is so crisp and people are doing things that I’m like, ‘I’m glad I didn’t come in right now, because I can’t do any of that.’”

** Last Word On Pro Wrestling has an interview up with Ace Austin.

** While speaking with Comicbook.com, Martha Hart stated that she has forgiven WWE for what happened to Owen Hart but that does not mean she has to have a relationship with them.

“I really wish everyone well, I do. I don’t hold any grudges, and I hope life has been kind to all these people because life is hard. My life hasn’t been easy either, and I wouldn’t wish that on anybody. I’ve forgiven them all. I hope that people, they also know that you can forgive people, but that doesn’t mean that you have to have a relationship with them either, right? The important part of this story was, there were wrong things done here and people need to be accountable, but at the end of the day, we have to move in a positive direction, and that means letting things go too, and forgiving, and I have.”

** As a part of NJPW’s ‘Together’ project, here’s SANADA’s pick for the best match finish of his New Japan career:

** Former WWE Cruiserweight Champion Brian Kendrick joined New Day’s ‘Feel The Power’ podcast and Kendrick reflected on his time with the NXT UK brand. He shared that along with his in-ring duties, he was also a trainer and a producer.

“Been doing stuff out at the NXT UK, and doing a little bit of wrestling there but some training and producing and it turns out, that’s a lot of fun. Working with the younger guys, I had a blast. They’re all very hungry.”

** Digital Spy released their interview with Mandy Rose and she talked about not knowing about Becky Lynch’s announcement until it aired on the USA Network last week on RAW.

** The late Andre The Giant would’ve been 74 years old today.

** GiveMeSport had the chance to chat with Titus O’Neil. From his perspective, O’Neil shared what it has been like backstage at WWE TV tapings since the COVID-19 pandemic began.

** AEW’s Kip Sabian turned 28 today.

** Baron Corbin spoke with lead vocalist for ‘Trivium’, Matthew Kiichi Heafy about his career in football, how he got into boxing and several more topics were covered during the interview.

** Roman Reigns appeared on The KDKA Radio Morning Show with Larry Richert and Kevin Battle. Roman spoke about his partnership with LLS (Leukemia & Lymphoma Society) to support blood cancer patients during the COVID-19 pandemic. Roman did a press tour with Louis J. DeGennaro, Ph.D., who is the President and Chief Executive Officer of LLS and they also spoke with FOX’s Greensboro affiliate.

** DS Shin of Ring The Belle spoke with former NXT talent Taynara Conti. Taynara shared the story behind her “released” t-shirt that she wore at an NXT live event upon the news emerging that she had some frustration with the company. Taynara stated that she pitched to use the shirt in the past for her character but it got turned down and also spoke about how she was able to work her way through WWE personnel to wear the shirt.

“And I was thinking, ‘Well, if people are saying that and make a storyline.’ I want to change. They kept saying no. Its been all this time and I’m not gonna ask, so I didn’t ask. Yeah, I made my t-shirt. Of course, I didn’t put that on TV. I’m professional enough to know that I can’t do that kind of stuff on TV or whatever, but live events? They’re made to try new stuff, new moves, new character, so I didn’t ask. I just showed up with a t-shirt. Before I did my entrance, I told the producer, I’m like, ‘Hey, I’m using this t-shirt. Is that a problem?’ I didn’t ask before so they had time to think and say no. So, I was ready to go and was like, ‘Hey! Is that a problem if I use this t-shirt?’ I had my own t-shirt just in case they said no. But they’re like, ‘I don’t know.’ It’s like, ‘Well, if someone gets mad, you can say that’s my choice. It’s just something that I want to try’ and the producer’s like, ‘Okay, it’s on you.’ I’m like, ‘Yeah, it is on me.’ Of course, they didn’t like it so I was not able to use it anymore.

I need to try something. If you guys are not using me, I need to change. So the idea for the ‘release’ , that was not just to try and piss people off or whatever. So, I put everything on paper and I showed them. My idea at first was like, ‘Oh my God, she’s coming with a t-shirt saying ‘released’ but then I had a backstory. I was like, ‘Well, I’m trying to say that I’m released from who I was before and then I will be able to show my new character.’ So if you watch the match, you can see I’m completely different in the ring when I’m using my t-shirt. I was more serious and not making fun, not being sexy. I was trying to do something else. It was not just trying to, ‘Ha! Released, no.’ I had a backstory. I was planning, I was writing, put everything on paper. I had everything planned.”

There was a brief portion of Taynara’s run in NXT during-which she shared screen-time with Undisputed ERA. While Taynara did pitch ideas for Undisputed ERA to have a female member, they did not come to fruition.

“They used me for the segment with Undisputed ERA but that was it. They had no plans. There was not a plan or a storyline, no. Of course, after, I tried to do something with them. I was like pitching ideas and, ‘Hey, what if? What if we came back with this storyline and then we put some girl with Undisputed ERA? It’s gonna be cool’ and I was trying to pitch ideas but…”

Conti was also a part of the first Mae Young Classic tournament. She was new to WWE and she said that she wasn’t intimidated by any of the experienced talents in the tournament because she didn’t know who anybody was.

“No, because I was not aware of anything. I didn’t know wrestling. I don’t know English. I was like, ‘It feels like judo for me, pretty good. Let’s do it.’”

** NDTV conducted an interview with Alexa Bliss.

** Jonathan Snowden of Bleacher Report spoke with Lance Archer ahead of AEW’s Double Or Nothing pay-per-view. Archer will be taking on Cody Rhodes in the finals of the TNT Championship tournament and during the interview, Archer said that he doesn’t view himself as anything less than a top guy in wrestling.

“I don’t see myself as anything less than a top guy or the top guy, and to be coming in and working with Cody, he’s one of the top babyfaces in all of the business. Well, unfortunately, I’m going to have to take him out on May 23rd at Double or Nothing, and there’s going to be one less top babyface. Cody’s going to be gone. Because like I say, everybody… You know the rest.”

** While speaking with Alex McCarthy of talkSPORT, Bobby Lashley said that his main goal in WWE right now is to win a world title. He also spoke about being able to work with the less experienced talent and giving them something beneficial to work with.

“I definitely want to win a world title. I definitely want to. The years that I’ve put in the business and the matches I’ve had with so many different people, I definitely want to. But another thing I want to do, and I hope this is not shooting myself in the foot or kicking myself in the butt, but when I first got in the wrestling business and I was first starting out, there were guys like myself who were a bit older in the business, and one thing they did, they wanted to make the younger guys. But at the same , in making the younger guys, they had to have something credible for the younger guys to go after, and I think that I’m one of those guys. The younger guys should be hungry to come and beat me. Because I’m not someone you should just be able to beat.

When I came in I had the Big Shows, the JBLs, the William Regals, the Fit Finlays, the Booker Ts, Batista – I had all these different guys to overcome, and these are huge mountains to overcome, and coming back in the wrestling business right there, I think a lot of the young guys need that guy, because I always say, you can’t have that great good guy without a good bad guy. I’m that good bad guy. I’m the guy that can walk up to you and snatch something out of your hand and then you got to make a decision. ‘Ahhh, I don’t need that anymore. You just go and have that.’ . We can share it if you want to! But, I’m that guy. I’m that guy that should be beating the crap out of Ricochet every single day until you guys are begging for Ricochet to just punch me in the mouth. But, he can’t do it! I’m the guy to do it to him, to Drew, to anybody.”

** NJPW1972.com has a detailed interview up with Tama Tonga. Tama spoke about the beginning of his run with Bullet Club in New Japan and said that Karl Anderson and Finn Balor taught him everything he needed to know about being a heel.

“Karl Anderson and Prince Devitt taught me and Fale about being a heel. We were completely green. Fale had just come from rugby, me from the military. We didn’t know s**t about wrestling. They told us, ‘If you’re getting that reaction, that heat, you’re doing your job. The more they hate us, the better we’re doing.’”

While on the topic of AJ Styles joining Bullet Club, Tama said when he first met AJ, AJ was very humble and grounded and had the best interests of the group in mind.

“He was very grounded. Very humble, down to earth. He just got all of us together and said, ‘However we can make this work, for all of us, let me know,’ and I knew then that he was in it for all of us, for the whole group. We adapted with who we had, and it worked.”

** WWE has added a compilation of some of Randy Savage’s best matches to the WWE Network. Savage passed away on May 20th, 2011.

** Xavier Woods did an interview with ‘Esquire Explores’ about video games.

** Natalya posted a video to her YouTube channel of her body slamming her sister and Lana.

** Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated interviewed Lance Archer. Archer feels that a talent exchange between All Elite Wrestling and New Japan Pro-Wrestling could be beneficial for both sides.

** Blue Meanie’s ‘Mind of the Meanie’ podcast will be a part of the MLW Radio Network.

If any of the quotes from the following podcasts or video interviews are used, please credit those sources and provide an H/T and link back to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.

1 Like

It isn’t really fair to ask a show called Dark Side of the Ring to feature comprehensive history of the Road Warriors. The episode was specifically about Hawk and his demons and the episode captured that quite nicely.

All documentaries shoot interviews that end up not being used, so I see no issue about the omissions.

1 Like

Same. Unless Animal was lied to by the producers, I don’t think they left out anything vital to the story. You can’t go into all of the wrestling minutia if you want a general audience to stay engaged.

1 Like

Yeah, this really seems to come down to Animal not really understanding a) what the purpose of this show was, and b) a well produced documentary for a television, isn’t a 4 hour shoot interview. Not every story told was essential to the story.

And while many people love and want to celebrate the Road Warriors, that’s not the point of the show.

Definitely seems like there was a disconnect between the producers and Animal, however this episode was easily the worst of the series (that I have seen). I can’t say I’m surprised he was disappointed, however I am surprised as to why he was disappointed. I said this in another thread, but I almost turned it off half way through.